Mod Manager Improvements (Drag-and-Drop feature, Export of the loadorder, ...)

wato

Re: Mod Manager Improvements (Drag-and-Drop feature, Export of the loadorder, ...)

#11 Post by wato » 14 Jan 2022 10:27

Also, multi-select would make the mod manager much more powerful. Both for enabling/disabling and for the priority as well.
Laqueesha

Re: Mod Manager Improvements (Drag-and-Drop feature, Export of the loadorder, ...)

#12 Post by Laqueesha » 16 Jan 2022 01:13

Mod profiles would be nice too, so you can swap out multiple mod configurations on the fly on one profile (for an example, see ArmA III's game launcher).
WW_Basaltkopp

#13 Post by WW_Basaltkopp » 17 Jan 2022 13:51

It would be another nice idea if the synchronization of the mods (correct sequence) - as far as related to the workshop including download and activation - would be made possible for the convoy mode.

For example, we play Factorio, the game is simply very powerful, especially as far as mods are concerned. If you now want to join a server, the mods required for this session will be downloaded and activated. I think SCS could still make significant improvements here.
Sorry for my very bad english ;) I used the google Translater :mrgreen: :roll:
Vojtech Hladík
SCS Software

#14 Post by Vojtech Hladík » 18 Jan 2022 09:25

WW_Basaltkopp wrote: 17 Jan 2022 13:51 It would be another nice idea if the synchronization of the mods (correct sequence) - as far as related to the workshop including download and activation - would be made possible for the convoy mode.

For example, we play Factorio, the game is simply very powerful, especially as far as mods are concerned. If you now want to join a server, the mods required for this session will be downloaded and activated. I think SCS could still make significant improvements here.
Hello not sure if I fully understand.
Convoy mode already has an option to automatically activate and sort required mods.
Subscription is not automated as we do not want to subscribe user to mods that he did not check.
WW_Basaltkopp

#15 Post by WW_Basaltkopp » 18 Jan 2022 16:09

Vojtech Hladík wrote: 18 Jan 2022 09:25 Hello not sure if I fully understand.
Convoy mode already has an option to automatically activate and sort required mods.
okey, I haven't dared to experiment with this function yet for fear of destroying something on the working profile -_-
I guess that the mods are automatically activated/deactivated and sorted as necessary for a server entry when you confirm the "Activate mod session".

Is the previous order restored after the session, or does it have to be done manually?

Vojtech Hladík wrote: 18 Jan 2022 09:25 Subscription is not automated as we do not want to subscribe user to mods that he did not check.
That is basically also very commendable if something is not simply downloaded without being checked. You have to manually subscribe to all the necessary mods that are available through the workshop, this can be quite time-consuming :-D
With local mods, things are more difficult, because you have to get them manually, so you have to be in contact with the server host so that you can definitely get the right mod. It's a bit silly here, because you just don't have any contact options. Either you know someone and can have external contact, or you don't - I think the solution at Factorio is nicer. The game host offers the mods used and everyone can download them before joining - however, I believe that Factorio is not quite as open here, I would not be aware of how/where I can use "local" mods there - ALL mods I know of are used ingame via their "internal workshop/modshop" *shrug*
Sorry for my very bad english ;) I used the google Translater :mrgreen: :roll:

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”