Multi drop research

Bob123412

Re: Multi drop research

#11 Post by Bob123412 » 02 Jun 2021 20:28

I think it would be beneficial to add multi drop before finishing the map, it's less work to build content from scratch than it is to go back and completely rework the old stuff to accommodate new changes. If load builds were added in the same way that a company like sysco runs there would have to be a large rework of all the current maps. Sysco, US foods, GFS, Goya, Saputo, etc. are all food distributors catering to restaurants and similar. An average day driving for one of these company's involves starting your day at a central company warehouse, loading your truck (may or may not be simulated), then make 100s of stops hand unloading 10-40 cases of product across your specified route. Most deliveries would be to small businesses with no loading bays. drivers park on the street to unload which would need to be implemented, ai would have to be programmed to drive around trucks stopped in the street, many of the businesses are on non-truck routes (which aren't added into the game), most of the businesses would be receiving only.

Regular multi drop loads that just go to warehouses would be super simple to implement as it would just need to build off of the current warehouses and company's currently in the game.

multi drop for fuel or car haulers, would be better to implement before finishing the game, that way the prefabs for dealerships and gas stations with delivery locations would be pre built and the developers wouldn't have to go back and edit things afterwords.

Personally I think the only reason to add real trucking company's to the game would be if they were adding a proper company driver mode, where they give you a truck and then when your empty (or drop the trailer) they send you a couple reload options and you play like that with no access to the load screen on the pause menu.
krizzy090

Re: Multi drop research

#12 Post by krizzy090 » 01 Jan 2023 17:40

i would like to see the option if you have a triple or double at dropoff you can unhook the 2nd or 3rd one and move over to the other docks to unload

Return to “Public research”