Oklahoma Discussion Thread

Optional Features

Re: Oklahoma Discussion Thread

#311 Post by Optional Features » 10 Aug 2022 04:27

That's good to hear! San Fran needs it as well with the redo.
Sara

#312 Post by Sara » 10 Aug 2022 04:41

Thanks for reminding me @seriousmods, we're like how many DLC's now, and the roads still don't have any bumps in them. SCS Soft, what is going on there? You give us a Truck Simulation game to experience what it is like driving a truck, and to see the world without leaving our computers, but every road feels like it has just been freshly paved down.
Carfreak200

#313 Post by Carfreak200 » 10 Aug 2022 06:12

I think an extensive "Road Feel" update could come and add a bunch of these things to the existing map. Expansion joints, more random road conditions like potholes and cracks. Truthfully, I think any time there is a change of road texture, you should feel it represented as some kind of bump. I hope this is something on SCS's radar.
Best Free ATS Mods viewtopic.php?t=317006

Life's too Short to Drive Boring Trucks

Current Garage:
  • Rezbilt 389 (Allen Rezbilt)
  • Freightliner Classic XL (BSA)
  • Peterbilt 379X (Chief86)
AlexxxF1

#314 Post by AlexxxF1 » 10 Aug 2022 17:24

I think it's just not enough air seat simulation .
any video camera in real truck will not transmit this, as it has built-in image stabilization.
the driver in motion constantly moves up and down in jerks. from any unevenness or overload.

I don't know if this can be implemented as a random event that just happens very often. it could even be implemented without implementing physical collisions on the road :idea: .

just make the player's camera move abruptly sometimes with an audible sound regardless of road conditions :!: .
This will create the illusion of a rough road. Yes, and it will look like in real life. because the driver moves up and down in his seat even on a flat road. tire deflection, suspension work, rider weight, all of these make your air seat move. and it all makes you as a driver move, as if from bumps in the road.
Optional Features

#315 Post by Optional Features » 10 Aug 2022 17:33

Sara wrote: 10 Aug 2022 04:41 Thanks for reminding me @seriousmods, we're like how many DLC's now, and the roads still don't have any bumps in them. SCS Soft, what is going on there? You give us a Truck Simulation game to experience what it is like driving a truck, and to see the world without leaving our computers, but every road feels like it has just been freshly paved down.
Yeah, it's a bit frustrating.

Without any road feedback, it doesn't really feel like driving. It's like flying lol.
Shiva

#316 Post by Shiva » 10 Aug 2022 18:52

you still would need a buttkickert to transfer that movement to your body.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Optional Features

#317 Post by Optional Features » 10 Aug 2022 19:34

Shiva wrote: 10 Aug 2022 18:52 you still would need a buttkickert to transfer that movement to your body.
Yes, but I don't have that for any game. And old SCS games like Extreme Trucker 2 didn't support that either, but they had more camera movement that gave off a feeling of driving.
Sara

#318 Post by Sara » 11 Aug 2022 08:38

Even the camera movement would be better. Honestly, because one thing I have noticed, there is bump within the roads in countries such as Ukraine if using ProMods Europe, and in any vehicle, it is completely unrealistic. If SCS were to add bumps to the road, they'd need to work on something that makes it feel realistic without the feel you're truck is a low rider classic with hydraulics moving up and down.
Bedavd

#319 Post by Bedavd » 11 Aug 2022 17:05

I have a feeling that's why we're getting silky smooth roads tbh. SCS needs to upgrade the suspension simulation and sounds to make bad roads fun. The new in-cab camera stability is a step in the correct direction, but more needs to be done still. The dirt roads in BtBS are particularly gruesome imo so hopefully we get some work done on these one day.

Dirt roads will likely be heavily featured in Oklahoma given it's reliance on agriculture and petroleum.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Optional Features

#320 Post by Optional Features » 11 Aug 2022 17:43

Sara wrote: 11 Aug 2022 08:38 Even the camera movement would be better. Honestly, because one thing I have noticed, there is bump within the roads in countries such as Ukraine if using ProMods Europe, and in any vehicle, it is completely unrealistic. If SCS were to add bumps to the road, they'd need to work on something that makes it feel realistic without the feel you're truck is a low rider classic with hydraulics moving up and down.
Yeah, vehicle physics need an upgrade badly. We still don't have cab suspension in ATS, even with the 57x.

Return to “General discussion about the game”