Oklahoma Discussion Thread

oldmanclippy

Re: Oklahoma Discussion Thread

#1631 Post by oldmanclippy » 31 May 2023 00:40

We already have these screenshots which are further away from downtown so I'm hoping that something goofy is going on with #6 from today.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Probably what's happening is that downtown is just off screen to the right of #6 due to scaling making the angles different. But still that tree wall just looks way too imposing.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
etsuco05

#1632 Post by etsuco05 » 31 May 2023 02:18

When I first saw screenshot #6, I thought it was in Tulsa because they have more hills & trees than OKC. But Tulsa doesn't have boathouses like OKC.

As someone who has driven over that bridge on I-35 hundreds of times IRL, the background area to the right (north) of this screenshot looks nothing like the area. Too many hills and trees for central Oklahoma. The boathouse buildings look good, though. I agree with the others here and hope this is just an oddity because there is no way you can miss the OKC skyline view from the bridge IRL.
AKA “OKRoads”, USA road sign photographer and road scholar
paytonsnewheart

#1633 Post by paytonsnewheart » 31 May 2023 02:22

What the heck is happening on the recent Oklahoma blog post in the comment section?
Heart Transplant Recipient
Make-A-Wish Kid
World Of Trucks Profile
Steam Profile
----------------------
Ohio Discussion Thread
Shiva

#1634 Post by Shiva » 31 May 2023 02:32

paytonsnewheart, that's a spammer, multiple accounts and or friends. The one spamming got kicked out of the forum and is now out for revenge.

I wonder if the treewall might be due to downtown being more east, than it is IRL, due to scaling.
I-235, ingame, going straight north, instead of northwest.
Downtown close to https://www.google.com/maps/dir/The+Pet ... 674628!3e0 ingame, I suspect.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
angrybirdseller

#1635 Post by angrybirdseller » 31 May 2023 02:48

Yep, saw fake comments and posts that flooded all sudden in log post.
oldmanclippy

#1636 Post by oldmanclippy » 31 May 2023 13:07

Yeah downtown is just probably off to the right. I would be really surprised if that wasn't the case given how they didn't really need to hide downtown in Texas, we got great long-distance views of those skylines.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
AskingBard93116

#1637 Post by AskingBard93116 » 31 May 2023 13:09

I love that Idabel, instead of Broken Bow is being a mapped city. It is the county seat, has as much history as the others, and is representing the logging industry. :) There are lots of forestry in that area of Oklahoma. I'm a native of Wright City, OK which is near Idabel/Broken Bow.

Will they include the Beavers Bend State Park as a photo or cutscene, though? There is a nice museum there with a real moonshine still. LOL :)
World of Trucks, Twitch, YouTube and Twitter: AskingBard93116 <3
oldmanclippy

#1638 Post by oldmanclippy » 31 May 2023 13:26

Yeah Idabel was a nice surprise. I agree that marking it over Broken Bow makes a lot of sense. There's just more going on with depot possibilities and the road network.

I like how DLCs are getting 1 or 2 surprise cities that aren't immediately obvious to mark. Sidney and Thompson Falls in Montana, Junction and Huntsville in Texas, Idabel in Oklahoma, and Pittsburg in Kansas. Keeps us on our toes guessing lol. Going forward I almost have to throw a wild card guess in my concept maps to keep up with SCS.
Travismods

#1639 Post by Travismods » 01 Jun 2023 07:59

Its possible they are using a far model for the skyline and far models can only be seen for certain angles from a distance - the editor only allows for a square of visibility making it invisible from certain angles.

So its possible they made a tree line in screenshot #6 because looking from that angle the game cannot render the skyline far model while simultaneously rendering it from other necessary angles, as seen in other screenshots.

So you might just have to swallow screenshot 6 as the final product.
Seerman

#1640 Post by Seerman » 01 Jun 2023 09:49

Unfortunately, this is very upsetting. I would like to see distant horizon lines, and the SCS try to simulate them, but I still don't get the feeling of a distant horizon in the game.
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

Return to “General discussion about the game”