Oklahoma Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Oklahoma Discussion Threa

#1031 Post by flight50 » 21 Jan 2023 07:10

Agreed on the trailers but it’s too early to see that right now. We may not see company names for another 3 months or so. The blog did say they are only sharing some of the new companies though. So there should be more to be revealed later.

Another oil company and farm would be nice. That would float my boat for the South region. I hope Oklahoma doesn’t just use all the companies from Texas. It too deserves a few specific ones not in Texas.
Onagerlinn

Re: Oklahoma Discussion Thread

#1032 Post by Onagerlinn » 21 Jan 2023 07:23

Loving these new ICCs that Oklahoma will be bringing us. One thing; looks like we'll get the Tulsa airport, but not OKC (Will Rogers)?

With that, I do hope that some of these new ICCs find their way back to prior DLCs, including ones from Montana and Texas. It would help make the map feel more complete, and less fragmented/disconnected.
Gormanbros

#1033 Post by Gormanbros » 21 Jan 2023 09:43

Yeah, I think we'll just get Tulsa International Airport with OK. My guess is that it's to space out deliverable airports, because OKC is right in the middle on I-35 between Dallas/Fort Worth and Wichita. Dallas of course is already in game with an Airport, and Wichita is both Kansas's largest city and also airplane manufacturing is the city's largest industry. So having Tulsa be the Airport site in Oklahoma makes sense imo
flight50

#1034 Post by flight50 » 21 Jan 2023 13:27

^Yep I am sure that is exactly SCS's strategy, to spread out the airports. Makes the most sense to me. The next airport could be Omaha though. KC could get skipped. But KC does offer a lot of space. Its pretty much outside the city by a lot. We need Missouri for it instead of Kansas though. Keeping the spread, Omaha and St. Louis seems more spread out. If we can ever get the Mail industry (and I seriously hope we do) though, that means Memphis comes. Posted is a great option to turn into a company. I wish SCS would consider Posted as a mail service. Very very easy cargo to bring to the game and pretty much every city with decent size will can have mail in ATS. Make a small, medium and large depot based on city size.

ATS being disconnected is kinda nature of the beast on how ATS is being created....little by little. If they can keep things regional, that helps but there are some depots that must go national too under the same name for all of the US. The best way to keep things connected is bring new companies in for the same industries. We can then travel amongst them connecting the dots. Example, LA, Chicago, Houston and Baltimore. All 4 of those are all 4 regions of the US. You can argue the US has 5 regions but for this example, 4 will suffice. Not only will multi drop be perfect for regions connecting the cities in this example, but each of these 4 cities could deliver from lets say SellGoods in the West. SellGoods is in the West. Texas brought Equos Power. Chicago should bring a new logistics company and Baltimore should bring a new one. That is only 4 Logistics companies. ATS can host a lot more but 4 minimum. All 4 cities in their respective regions can get different company names but deal with the same cargo content. More cargo that gets added later can easily cycle into the 4 regions. This type of thing can happen with many other companies/industries too when regions change. Then cargo must play nice nationally too with the companies that can go nationally.

I'm content that Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana will add to Texas but what will Kansas do as it starts the MidWest is the main thing I want to see. With Kansas off the ground, we shall see how SCS ties it all together yet keep introducing more ICCs. There's a lot of US left to map and depict though. Areas of the map that get reworked/updated/tweaked, they only play in the favor of current depots/assets at the time new areas are w.i.p. Reworks will be great to introduce new ICCs to older areas of the map. Anything new in an older area, requires an economy reset. Easier to do if the entire area is getting reworked vs just patching it in. So all the base map imho, should really benefit for everything after it. Lots of new stuff to play with for California. Even more should be available for when Nevada is up and then Arizona. By the time the base map is updated, the paid map teams could be deep into the Midwest. So yeah, I hope everything gets connected up well now and in the future.
Gormanbros

#1035 Post by Gormanbros » 23 Jan 2023 09:22

I'm pretty glad river ports are coming with Oklahoma. Definitely a good thing to get their feet wet (pun intended) ahead of the big beasts that are the Mississipi and Ohio Rivers. The Missouri River too, but that one has only two really notable cities (Omaha and Kansas City)
flight50

#1036 Post by flight50 » 23 Jan 2023 13:32

It seems like the ATS research/asset team is finally starting to dig deeper with industries now. The river one is solid for sure. There are a few more pieces to that puzzle I bet.

There's a lot left in the tank with the remaining states left. I only hope the team gets ATS there. Should be quite easy to come up with another 50+ companies for the game. I can think of at least 12 industries not in the game yet that can fit ATS's model.
KeganMinecraft

#1037 Post by KeganMinecraft » 24 Jan 2023 23:46

etsuco05 wrote: 20 Jan 2023 23:12 Regarding furniture stores, there are several near the I-40/I-44 interchange in Oklahoma City. Mathis Brothers is the largest but there is also Bob Mills and Galleria. https://goo.gl/maps/nXyfMMAi1YLvvyww5
Yes but Scott rice near the I35 I44 West JCT is the most likely due to spacing. but i could be wrong due to them being able to fit SW 15th St which is so close to I 40
Trakaplex

#1038 Post by Trakaplex » 25 Jan 2023 16:54

flight50 wrote: 23 Jan 2023 13:32 It seems like the ATS research/asset team is finally starting to dig deeper with industries now. The river one is solid for sure. There are a few more pieces to that puzzle I bet.

There's a lot left in the tank with the remaining states left. I only hope the team gets ATS there. Should be quite easy to come up with another 50+ companies for the game. I can think of at least 12 industries not in the game yet that can fit ATS's model.
I think for the rest of ATS, there could 100 new companies since Texas brought us 10+. But I don't think school bus cargo will be added, even if it does exist due to its rarity. So is there anything that could be added in the OK DLC besides furniture and river ports?
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
flight50

#1039 Post by flight50 » 25 Jan 2023 20:21

^100 new companies is totally feasible and that is just speaking of the US. Canada and Mexico should be another beast of companies if SCS gets there of course.

School bus cargo might be rare but if SCS is spontaneous, we an get recover vehicles. Buses, train cars, semi trucks, city buses, RV's, fire trucks, ambulances, street sweepers, etc. We have repair shops in the game and we are getting a municipality dept with Oklahoma. SCS said several years ago that sometimes they will have to stretch the truth a tad just to bring content. I assume this is ICC's and map design. Impossible to be 100% accurate but close enough is good. At least for me.

As far as other industries, 3 main ones that are at the top of my list that almost every state has is precast concrete. We have concrete tubes in the game as cargo but no place of origin that makes sense. There's like 12-18 cargoes that can happen there. The 2nd is parcel service....mail. Its an industry that should be straight forward and every city in the US has some form of mail service. Posted......start there. Posted has a great color scheme and it can easily be a company. Make that a company and lets get some mail going in the game. We can easily get like 3 different sized depots based on cities that get them. They are no different than Wallbert. Every city has mail. The 3rd is healthcare. We have a few buildings that keep making these dlc's. We only need like 1-2 per dlc if that. The midsized cities can get them since we have more streets to drive than in huge cities.

Limestone quarry is another. Not sure if in Oklahoma but its a depot we must have in order to have concrete. We have concrete but no to mine it from. In Miami, Oklahoma, there is a huge area with quarries all over in the far Northeast corner of the state. I have no idea what all they do but its an interesting area to not include. That area is the perfect example for bringing complex prefabs as a feature with the engine upgrade. There are about 12 patches of land that all could be one HUGE depot. If they are dynamic, each time we visit that area, it could be a different location. Dynamic/complex prefabs is something I reallllly want to see come to fruition with SCS.

Oil/gas will be in Oklahoma I'm sure and that is another situation where complex prefabs come into play. Oil fields can be one huge depot. Currently we get like Gallon bunched up and there are 2-3 Gallons. We could have one huge depot with multiple locations. This gets rid of some of the repetitive names in the same city. Why have 2-3 NAMIQ's or what not all grouped in the same area when one huge prefab does the trick.
HubercikBercik

#1040 Post by HubercikBercik » 01 Feb 2023 01:01

New Oklahoma header
obraz_2023-02-01_020130822.png

Return to “General discussion about the game”