Oklahoma Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Oklahoma Discussion Thread

#1251 Post by flight50 » 13 Mar 2023 23:25

^Ohhhhh yeah. That weather is going to be another huge issue that is misleading if it doesn't come. Something so simple could be sooo bad. Harmless to SCS but to fans that seek innovation will be a bit crushing for a community that is already on edge. I'd almost be equally as upset if the engine update doesn't bring what's shown on that cover. I'm looking for an immediate weather update with the new game engine. That is core stuff. No way that's a dlc. Weather must be part of the upgrade if graphics are touched. Had that cover animation just been a non animated pic, no big deal. The animation is the part that adds harm. If we don't get that, its definitely not going to be a good look.

Now I'm still speculating that this Summer (1.48) is the update to bring that change. I'm not SCS but I'm just going with a gut feeling.......1.48 could be it. I don't think much happens with 1.47. If we go to 1.49 til the engine update, so be it but I see the attitudes seriously changing around here and its infecting more and more people the longer it takes to release this update. People are ready for change and hopefully this is the year. I don't think 1.47 really does it unless its open beta for a whole release like dx11 was and then 1.48 it goes official.

New agricultural prefabs.........I'm hoping that is incorrect, lol. I really hope. On the microsite, there is a industry #2 blog. I think that is the surprise. Now it could only be a few new companies but it could still be something new stuff that apparently wasn't ready for the industry #1 blog. That is understandable and I hope that is the case. Wheat wasn't shown on the blog today yet they talked about it. Meat processing could be another prefab not done so it wasn't part of today's blog. The previous blog mentioned meat processing as you mentioned as well could potentially being misleading. There are many variables to what industry blog #2 can be about so we'll just have to see. I'll be optimistic about it though and just wait until that blog reveals what else comes.

I do agree on blogs that are the same as other states. We have a ton more states to go in ATS and people will definitely grow tired of the same ole same ole. Rest stops, trucks stops, weigh stations, airports....they do become repetitive even if they are different states with different designs. The concept is still the same. Now add some new features along with those type of blogs, things change a lil.

I'll check out the blog and fire back.....like I always do. Don't worry, I'll handle it, lol.

edit. Lmao. That was one of the dumbest comments I've seen directed towards me on the blogs. Obviously a person that isn't part of the forum to know anything that I stand for. Silly comments like that deserve an equally crazy reply back.
Ryley03d

#1252 Post by Ryley03d » 14 Mar 2023 02:17

guess where the pics are time
Seerman

#1253 Post by Seerman » 14 Mar 2023 04:33

However, I'm still waiting for Catskills blog :roll:
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#1254 Post by alecwarper » 14 Mar 2023 15:37

Of course they drop 1.47 as I'm literally leaving for work, uggggh

Any new roads to OK this update?
TruckingWolfUSA

#1255 Post by TruckingWolfUSA » 14 Mar 2023 17:15

I saw in the editor that overlays have been found for OK-3, OK-259a, OK-375, OK-7, and OK-136.
There's also I-244 in there as well.
Bedavd

#1256 Post by Bedavd » 14 Mar 2023 17:40

Spoilers below about what is visible in OK:

US 385 extends south of Lamar, but doesn't make it to Boise City in this sector they added in a portion of 385 and extended Parmenter St to it in this update.
No US 160
US 412 extends ALMOST to Boise City. We have the Intersection of US 385 coming north from Dalhart visible. Looks like there's a farm at the intersection of the two, so Boise City will have at least a remote depot marked to Guymon.
US 54 will extend from Dalhart, but right now doesn't go very far at all
Looks like no US 287 from Dumas
I don't see any signs of US 60 from Amarillo
I-40 extends all the way to Shamrock and the exit at US 83
Looks like US 83 will extend north from Childress, but it's in a pretty unfinished state at the moment
I-44 north of Wichita Falls has the H. E. Bailey Turnpike, the first tollbooth under the US 277 overpass, the truckstop just north of that, and at the very edge of the sector, Lawton!
I-35 only extends a VERY short way north of Gainesville
US 82 continues east from Gainesville and it looks like it has an intersection in Sherman. In a VERY rough state though, and continues to US 259 with Paris to the North.
US 75 extends up through the High-5, across US 82, and up into the middle of Durant!
I-30 extends east to US 259
US 69 extends north to US 82
Last edited by Bedavd on 14 Mar 2023 18:18, edited 3 times in total.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
alecwarper

#1257 Post by alecwarper » 14 Mar 2023 18:00

@Bedavd

Thanks!! Slightly off-topic, but are the unfinished roads of Northeast Texas edited at all, or in the same shape as 1.46?
TruckingWolfUSA

#1258 Post by TruckingWolfUSA » 14 Mar 2023 18:04

alecwarper wrote: 14 Mar 2023 18:00 @Bedavd

Thanks!! Slightly off-topic, but are the unfinished roads of Northeast Texas edited at all, or in the same shape as 1.46?
I looked through I-30 and it's in significantly better shape now, includes Lake Ray Hubbard just east of Dallas and goes all the way to US 259, as stated before by him.
High Five interchange looks almost done now as well.
Bedavd can add a bit more color here as I'm not as familiar with the area as he might be but that's the general gist of the changes.
Marcello Julio

#1259 Post by Marcello Julio » 14 Mar 2023 18:07

They updated the High Five interchange? So it may be that even in this Open Beta we can have the updates in Texas.
Bedavd

#1260 Post by Bedavd » 14 Mar 2023 18:10

@Marcello Julio I don't think just yet. I bet with 1.48 though. A lot of US 82, 69, and 259 are still in pretty unfinished states. Perhaps the updated parts wasn't added to this update but for the moment it looks like there is still a lot of work to be done.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.

Return to “General discussion about the game”