Oklahoma Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Oklahoma Discussion Thread

#211 Post by flight50 » 25 Jul 2022 17:32

Nah, it would take a year to kick a 3 state pack out. Release them one by one. I'm sure the Montana team could take Oklahoma but Texas will still be in production. No point in holding back Oklahoma just to bundle with Kansas/Nebraska or Louisiana/Arkansas. We'll need to get back to multiple map releases per year. One big lump sum is cool but to long of a wait. Texas made it hard waiting for 2 maps a year. We got spoiled in 2019 and 2020 when we got 2 maps. Getting back to 2 maps for 2022 and beyond would be ideal.

For me, if Montana comes out on the 4th of August, the ATS map team can't just lean on Texas blogs. Plenty to come still yes but we'll need consistent from either phase 3 California or Oklahoma too. Yesss, the ETS2 crowd would be livid indeed. But that is no fault of the ATS map team progress.

I'm betting Oklahoma comes a month or so after Montana drops so that it can get on the radar to take the place of Montana. There are always 2 maps in production for ATS so Oklahoma should get announced before the Xmas stream. Lately it seems like the next state to come gets announced after a month after the most currently released state. So early Sept is my guess. I'd love to get a birthday present from SCS that first week to send my lil mind off to cloud 9 for that weekend, lol.
angrybirdseller

#212 Post by angrybirdseller » 25 Jul 2022 17:37

US-259 there windy road with Ouachita Mountains ranges who said the Great Plains was flat! Have beavers bend park area we have those luxury boats and broken bow lake in SE Oklahoma be fun to drop off boat. US-259 some parts be nice to add along with US-271 just trying to make delivery spots to justify it as Eastern Oklahoma is worth having in there just for the topographical diversity and can add delivery of boats to recreational vehicles.
raskol

#213 Post by raskol » 26 Jul 2022 07:24

If you do scs Oklahoma, there is gloss montain park on us-412, don't miss it
scale area

location;https://www.google.com/maps/@36.362078, ... 384!8i8192

map picture;
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
flight50

#214 Post by flight50 » 26 Jul 2022 13:04

Gloss Mountain is simple enough. If we get US-412, its a very accomplishable area to include. They won't make that U turn like that though. We just drive right by it. For the viewpoint, we only need to pull off the road to access it. No need to drive into it.
oldmanclippy

#215 Post by oldmanclippy » 27 Jul 2022 15:28

I do think Oklahoma will surprise people with its natural beauty. There's interesting rock formations, green mountains, dense forests, dusty plains, winding rivers, salt flats, bluffs, etc. Sq mile for sq mile it might be one of the more geographically diverse states outside the West. If Montana is the big going away party for the west in ATS, and Texas is the tearful goodbye, then Oklahoma is the Minnesota goodbye :lol:
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Travismods

#216 Post by Travismods » 30 Jul 2022 17:32

oldmanclippy wrote: 27 Jul 2022 15:28 I do think Oklahoma will surprise people with its natural beauty. There's interesting rock formations, green mountains, dense forests, dusty plains, winding rivers, salt flats, bluffs, etc. Sq mile for sq mile it might be one of the more geographically diverse states outside the West. If Montana is the big going away party for the west in ATS, and Texas is the tearful goodbye, then Oklahoma is the Minnesota goodbye :lol:
Agreed! It’s a severely underrated state with a lot of beauty that often gets unfairly treated and talked about like just another flyover state.

Even just reading the Wikipedia summary, makes me hype for it coming as a DLC:

With ancient mountain ranges, prairie, mesas, and eastern forests, most of Oklahoma lies in the Great Plains, Cross Timbers, and the U.S. Interior Highlands, all regions prone to severe weather. Oklahoma is at a confluence of three major American cultural regions. Historically it served as a government-sanctioned territory for Native Americans removed from east of the Mississippi River, a route for cattle drives from Texas and related regions, and a destination for Southern migrant settlers. There are currently twenty-five Native American languages still spoken in Oklahoma.

A major producer of natural gas, oil, and agricultural products, Oklahoma relies on an economic base of aviation, energy, telecommunications, and biotechnology. Oklahoma City and Tulsa serve as Oklahoma's primary economic anchors, with nearly two-thirds of Oklahomans living within their metropolitan statistical areas.

The Wichita Mountains in southwest Okie:

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Maybe some Buffalo cattle jobs going over the prairies? :lol: On a more serious note, if SCS are ever going to bring real harsh and challenging weather to their games, Oklahoma would be a very good state to launch such a feature with. There is some pretty severe weather in Oklahoma.

[ external image ]
EllieODaire

#217 Post by EllieODaire » 30 Jul 2022 20:05

Oklahoma is also home to what might be the single most annoying Weigh Station in the whole region in Boise City over in the panhandle. It's kind of like the scale in Gillette WY where it's at a major highway interchange, but the one in Gillette IRL doesn't stop interstate traffic while the one in Boise City pulls trucks off every highway in the area.
Shiva

#218 Post by Shiva » 30 Jul 2022 22:54

Does the US routes avoid the mountains? looks like it when I checked on google maps.
Atleast the mid and western US routes.

Eastern seem to have some mountains?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
oldmanclippy

#219 Post by oldmanclippy » 31 Jul 2022 01:53

@Shiva The Wichita Mountains in the west can be seen from US-62 west of Lawton. As far as I know that's about as close as you can get in that part of the state via US Routes:

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.6310806 ... 384!8i8192

The Ouachita Mountains in the southeast are hit by US-271, US-259, and US-59. Although these mountains are probably more similar to the Appalachians out east compared to the Rockies out west.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
EllieODaire

#220 Post by EllieODaire » 31 Jul 2022 04:43

US62 hits a surprisingly nasty little grade east of Tahlequah above the intersection with OK-51. Really steep with a series of pretty gentle curves then a super tight hairpin near the bottom. Those eastern mountains in OK aren't nothing, that's for sure.

Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/7Sj8kkHMriNQ2Pjb8

Return to “General discussion about the game”