Oklahoma Discussion Thread

Shiva

Re: Oklahoma Discussion Thread

#261 Post by Shiva » 08 Aug 2022 18:03

Or.. maybe the hint was Oklahoma, more of route 66.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#262 Post by flight50 » 08 Aug 2022 18:44

^Nah. He directly said Great Lakes. So that puts the South on the back burner.

He also mentioned that he doesn't always gets what he wants and sometimes he does. Florida was his ambition. As far as we know, it was only him. Honestly, I think this is fair that he listens. If more people are telling him a different direction is better, I'm glad to hear that he is willing to change his mind. That to me is a good boss who doesn't just see it his way or the highway. He calls the shots but he also gives in to his team. He also mentioned features and cargo will be a focus now. How soon is what we'll have to find out. How does he know this? His team that actually reads this forum and other social platforms tells him.
Tristman

#263 Post by Tristman » 08 Aug 2022 18:46

For me it depends on how SCS pulls it off. Push for Florida is more interesting to me regarding scenery, but push for the Great Lakes is more interesting to me regarding industry.
If SCS goes all out on the ICCs, the Great Lakes will be fantastic. But if it’s the same trend as for the last couple of DLCs, I’m honestly worried about losing interest in the game over time.
55sixxx

#264 Post by 55sixxx » 08 Aug 2022 18:55

Pavel did said they're listening to the wishlists (I suppose from here) and pushing for features and interesting cargos... So new industries could be in the mix.
flight50

#265 Post by flight50 » 08 Aug 2022 19:07

I really wish they go in all directions honestly. Yes its a slower build but no matter what, there are plenty states that have to come eventually. I don't know how profitable ATS is but a 5th map team could help a lot if that's the case of the Great Lakes and the South. If they can spread East with 4-5 teams and keep interest going in ATS, its a project that will go South fast.

If the rebuild team stays on their task and tends to be a maintenance team, that still leaves 4 teams. Once the entire base map is rebuilt, the numbers on that team can be even smaller. They won't need 10-15 people. 3-4 works and put the others on paid dlc's. So if 2023-2024 produces Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska for sure, that leaves 3 solid directions they can go simultaneously still. I'd rather ich my way to Chicago than fast track. I'd rather see states in columns to stay boxed. Whether that is North to South, or South to North. Going 2-3 states East before filling in below or above it just seems odd to me. It can work but its not ideal.

So if his guys are telling him one thing, I wonder if his guys are doing what they want or doing what the community wants. If researches see route 66 as a good way to get ICCs going, fine. But don't leave the map in a bad shape if its avoidable and I think it is. Imo, Chicago and the Great Lakes is fine but Louisiana and Arkansas should be filled in. I see the entire South along the Gulf as the foundation. You can't lay bricks on top of anything without something underneath. Get Louisiana/Arkansas bundled along with Oklahoma to surround Texas asap. Then shoot for Chicago. We'd have 3 columns of states at that point.

[ external image ]
Last edited by flight50 on 08 Aug 2022 19:11, edited 1 time in total.
Sara

#266 Post by Sara » 08 Aug 2022 19:09

flight50 wrote: 08 Aug 2022 15:34 I hope those 3 are not one big bundle. That means a much longer wait after Texas. That could be a year wait. I'm cool with Oklahoma solo. We need that for Summer 2023. That would be the Montana team doing that. But Texas once it releases, then split that team (technically they'd still be together if they do both Kansas and Nebraska).
Well, as I said, I could be entirely wrong, and it could be only one state. But as for the lengh it may take, who knows. Only thing I mostly know of these 3 states to be honest is that it is the heart of Tornado Alley. I am not sure what big industries are in these three states.
flight50

#267 Post by flight50 » 08 Aug 2022 19:13

The biggest industry should be Agriculture with those 3. SCS has to really come up with some good stuff to populate those states. Not everyone will be as excited to get them. At least beyond the hardcore fans. Some innovation and technical enhancements will be needed.
Sara

#268 Post by Sara » 08 Aug 2022 19:17

Actually, also in relation to those 3, why is the road layout within those three states more "grid" like than the other states?

[ external image ]

Just looking at these three states and it looks more like a city layout.
KieranMonday

#269 Post by KieranMonday » 08 Aug 2022 19:24

Sara wrote: 08 Aug 2022 19:17 Actually, also in relation to those 3, why is the road layout within those three states more "grid" like than the other states?

[ external image ]

Just looking at these three states and it looks more like a city layout.
both the dakotas are pretty griddy too, the i94 in North dakota is comically straight aswell
JoeAlex23

#270 Post by JoeAlex23 » 08 Aug 2022 19:31

@Sara Ever heard of something called "The Great Plains"? Miles and miles and miles of empty open space, no need to build curves when you can just shoot straight ahead :lol:

Most of those states look something like this:

[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”