Oklahoma Discussion Thread

VTXcnME

Re: Oklahoma Discussion Thread

#351 Post by VTXcnME » 28 Aug 2022 13:21

I look forward to the day I can start a drive on I-40 in Albuquerque and finish 1,200-ish miles later in Nashville. Straight across Texas Panhandle/Oklahoma/Arkansas. Oklahoma gets me one step closer.

Slightly off topic, but for me to get really excited about the great lakes area (and really anything further east/north), I need seasons/weather. It's getting harder and harder to overlook the lack of snowfall. CO/WY/MT/ID all of them see it regularly. Pacific Northwest gets some too. They've gotten as far as hydroplaning in rain, I feel like snow/lack of traction is the next step. The game already keeps track of days and weeks, a seasonal cycle could be added. We can lock differentials for added traction. All the pieces are there, just needs the last oomph to finalize the weather/season system.

By the great lake states, please please, please SCS, bring us seasons/weather!
Texshi

#352 Post by Texshi » 31 Aug 2022 06:12

I really hope when Texas arrives 287 comes with it.. I know it goes through Oklahoma but damn that road is vital to get to Colorado and I still completely support Boise City as a marked city that town center round a bout the courthouse is a spot that leads into CO, NM, TX quite a little landmark for traveling
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
flight50

#353 Post by flight50 » 31 Aug 2022 12:21

What does Boise City offer ATS as marked though that it can't accomplish as scenic? We'll get the Loves truck stop but what industry is there?
oldmanclippy

#354 Post by oldmanclippy » 31 Aug 2022 15:27

US-287 I think we might get from Lamar to Boise City, then from Dumas to Wichita Falls. Along with a segment in Southeast Texas. Maybe we get it from Boise City to Dumas but I think US-385 from Boise City to Dalhart makes a bit more sense in terms of getting us to US-87 from the north. Dalhart is the big town in the far northwest of the panhandle and there's still a chance it could come as marked too.

BUT I don't think we'll get the Lamar to Dalhart or the Lamar to Dumas section with Texas, that would come with Oklahoma. You never know though, they could surprise us. I just doubt it given that we have evidence of every road that will connect New Mexico and Texas right now but nothing changed in or south of Lamar. That's the biggest indicator that we won't get anything coming down from Colorado IMO but it's not definitive proof.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Trakaplex

#355 Post by Trakaplex » 31 Aug 2022 15:40

It wouldn't make sense for Boise City to come with Oklahoma since that would make US-287 disjointed. But who knows, if Davido is working on Oklahoma...

...they did the same for US-20 between Idaho Falls and WYS, only they didn't even add it in Montana. They do have US-87 east of Raton, so I'd say the addition of both Dalhart and Stratford is not neither.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
oldmanclippy

#356 Post by oldmanclippy » 31 Aug 2022 15:45

Yeah it could be either or or it could be both. I do strongly feel that the odds aren't great for Boise City with Texas though because of the aforementioned absence of changes to Lamar in 1.45. We can see every road that connects New Mexico with Texas but not anything from Colorado. Again not proof but it's the same thing that happened with US-20. Was the only one we couldn't see in the beta and turns out it was the only one missing in the final product.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
flight50

#357 Post by flight50 » 31 Aug 2022 15:54

If we didn't get US-12 to US-93 when Idaho needed it badly, I don't see SCS giving us free roads anymore outside a dlc's borders. Boise City is easily Oklahoma. I argued it too at the front if this thread, til I finally agreed, lol.

We'd see new work in Lamar heading into Texas if 287 came with Texas.
Texshi

#358 Post by Texshi » 01 Sep 2022 11:38

Again not much for industry it's still got a lot of interesting designs in the road connection with how the city goes, Either way it has more meaning for me so I'm gonna be in support, if it's Scenic then woo it made it as a tiny mention but it'll be a let down to miss all the tiny details and landmark stuff
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
flight50

#359 Post by flight50 » 01 Sep 2022 12:18

That's just it, the only difference with scenic and marked are the abundance of depots and more accessible roads. If the main road thru town has all the details and landmarks to show off, a scenic town will live up to its name.....scenic. I'm not doubting your support for it. It just has to make sense to be marked and the only way a town gets marked is because of industry in which more than 3-4 deliverable depots would appear. I'm just trying to point out you being disappointed if it doesn't get marked and you wondering why. Every town with multiple depots is about industry.

So far SCS does do remote depots to scenic towns but to date, only one depot goes to a selected scenic town that has a worthy industry to exploit. Even at a larger scale, BC probably doesn't make it as marked. Its not because of scale, its because of industry there. There's a chance that when Oklahoma comes that US-412 might get us thru the heart of BC which is Main St connecting up US-87 to US-385. That little squared up circle drive seems like the heart of town. There is even a semi seen coming from that direction so trucks do seem like they can go thru it. So between going thru town and connecting to both parts of US-287, that pretty much shows off the entire town with its main roads in and out of town. Even still, not much to make it marked without suitable industry to back it up.

[ external image ]
Onagerlinn

#360 Post by Onagerlinn » 02 Sep 2022 23:59

I think the saving grace for US 287 thru Boise City at this point is that the wait for OK likely won't be too terribly long, unless it's bundled with KS and NE as rumored. Also, we've reached a point where there's just so much more map to play with with all of the West now available where connecting one specific region (that we will eventually get) isn't as big of a deal.

Return to “General discussion about the game”