Oklahoma Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Oklahoma Discussion Thread

#361 Post by flight50 » 03 Sep 2022 00:56

Whether Oklahoma comes solo or in a bundle, I think its a 2023 map regardless. But yeah I agree we won't have to wait too long in general. Even when Texas comes, I don't think there needs to be a huge rush to get Oklahoma in like Idaho needed Montana. Deep down inside, I think Oklahoma goes solo and then Kansas and Nebraska could come bundled.
Bedavd

#362 Post by Bedavd » 03 Sep 2022 03:52

That’s the nice thing. We’ll never be back to the pre-Utah map where Seattle to Santa Fe required you going through Las Vegas. For the jobs that would be nice to get Boise City to pass through, they’re a pretty small percentage compared to the past.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
oldmanclippy

#363 Post by oldmanclippy » 03 Sep 2022 15:06

Onagerlinn wrote: 02 Sep 2022 23:59 I think the saving grace for US 287 thru Boise City at this point is that the wait for OK likely won't be too terribly long, unless it's bundled with KS and NE as rumored. Also, we've reached a point where there's just so much more map to play with with all of the West now available where connecting one specific region (that we will eventually get) isn't as big of a deal.
I would say that it's not a rumor, just speculation. There is 0 evidence of a bundle or even a suggestion of a bundle. The only evidence we have is that OK, KS, and NE have assets in-game now that are linked to them, but their connection to one another isn't known at all. And that Pavel cited "corn, corn, and more corn" as being the near future of ATS, which certainly suggests those states but doesn't say anything about if they will come together or separately.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
angrybirdseller

#364 Post by angrybirdseller » 04 Sep 2022 07:39

Boise City not needed to get into Colorado as US-87 provides route to Raton NM to take I-25 points North and South. I do not see it as bottleneck at all.
Last edited by angrybirdseller on 04 Sep 2022 08:45, edited 1 time in total.
EllieODaire

#365 Post by EllieODaire » 04 Sep 2022 08:23

@angrybirdseller is correct. IRL both routes are about the same distance and all things being equal would take about the same amount of time. In practice, 287 is generally favored by most truckers as it avoids heavy traffic areas in and south of Denver, has an overall gentler grade, more places to park, higher max speeds, and avoids New Mexico which can be important for drivers that don't want to obtain the NM weight-mile permit. 87 meanwhile tends to be a safer route since it has slightly lower speeds and multiple lanes in each direction. It also has a couple volcanoes, which are cool if you're into neat rocks.

Since the renovation and reopening of the Boise City weigh station a few years ago, the time difference has decreased considerably and I tend to favor 87 for the added safety, but I imagine once 287 is complete the majority of players in ATS will use 287 for most trips, but it could go either way depending on how SCS builds the routes. Small differences IRL tend to be quite different in the game purely due to the difference in scale. Regardless, I'm of the opinion that it isn't the end of the world if 287 isn't complete between Lamar & Dumas immediately when Texas is released.
oldmanclippy

#366 Post by oldmanclippy » 04 Sep 2022 19:28

Really only trips from Lamar and Burlington will suffer without a Colorado-Texas connection, as trips from any other point northward will route through US-87 just fine. That is a very, very different situation compared to the Ontario-Winnemucca connection via Idaho. Not only was the map smaller so any weird routes felt more pronounced, but Winnemucca itself was the bottleneck all the way until Idaho came, so trips to and from Winnemucca were really important to get right. Ontario has a lot of depots, so connecting it well with Winnemucca and points south and east of there was important. I don't see any similar situation happening from here on out. We have so much map to play with now that minor inconveniences can be brushed aside until the next map comes to fill the gap. The only somewhat comparable situation would be Mississippi coming before Tennessee (a small gap in I-55) and that's not fixable since it would require giving Memphis away which is never gonna happen.

If part of one state comes with another, it will be because SCS is feeling generous, not because it will be strictly necessary.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
KeganMinecraft

#367 Post by KeganMinecraft » 04 Sep 2022 19:48

55sixxx wrote: 27 Aug 2022 17:51 Honestly, I think that if the map teams dedicate themselves thoroughly, I think it's even possible to have it in 7-8 months. I'm just strongly hoping Oklahoma's announcement will be done in September or early October at the latest, heck, we may even get it within the next couple of weeks considering this:
SCS's Blog wrote:We look forward to sharing more development updates from upcoming projects and additions for both Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator.
Because as far as I'm aware, not only trucks are upcoming projects, map DLC's are as well.

And the 30+ mappers quote wasn't the numbers of the overall map department, it was how many mappers are working on Texas as of now. So the Montana team could already be on their way into full production of Oklahoma. Also, IIRC, three states were already in pre-production while Montana was at it's final stages.
when was this written
55sixxx

#368 Post by 55sixxx » 04 Sep 2022 20:50

KeganMinecraft wrote: 04 Sep 2022 19:48
55sixxx wrote: 27 Aug 2022 17:51 Honestly, I think that if the map teams dedicate themselves thoroughly, I think it's even possible to have it in 7-8 months. I'm just strongly hoping Oklahoma's announcement will be done in September or early October at the latest, heck, we may even get it within the next couple of weeks considering this:

Because as far as I'm aware, not only trucks are upcoming projects, map DLC's are as well.

And the 30+ mappers quote wasn't the numbers of the overall map department, it was how many mappers are working on Texas as of now. So the Montana team could already be on their way into full production of Oklahoma. Also, IIRC, three states were already in pre-production while Montana was at it's final stages.
when was this written
Last paragraph of this blog post.
LATrucker

#369 Post by LATrucker » 15 Sep 2022 21:56

Since I'm pretty confident that (at least) OK will be the next DLC, I wonder when we'll get the official announcement.

On the one hand, I'd say it could come a few weeks before the release of Texas to already show whats next after Texas, but also to get the focus back to Texas fast and the following streams, WoT event(s) etc. after the release.
On the other hand, it would make sense to announce it a few weeks after the release of Texas too. So the first TX hype has calmed down and the next hype can get started.

Both options could make sense imo, maybe the second one a bit more, but I'm not so sure about that. What do you think?
flight50

#370 Post by flight50 » 15 Sep 2022 22:51

It will come before Texas releases I bet. The Xmas stream is too late based on the past couple of years. They need content to show on the xmas stream so they need to be making it now. They can do something simple like how Montana was teased. They don't necessarily have to do a blog with multiple pics but something teasing it can confirm as well.

Return to “General discussion about the game”