Oklahoma Discussion Thread

Trakaplex

Re: Oklahoma Discussion Thread

#371 Post by Trakaplex » 19 Sep 2022 00:51

I am expecting a teaser really soon, depending on Texas's release. I think early December could work, with a video uploaded on their channel. Similar to Wyoming's teaser coming after Colorado (if Texas is a November release). Announce it further in the Xmas stream.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
KeganMinecraft

#372 Post by KeganMinecraft » 30 Sep 2022 08:18

Trakaplex wrote: 19 Sep 2022 00:51 I am expecting a teaser really soon, depending on Texas's release. I think early December could work, with a video uploaded on their channel. Similar to Wyoming's teaser coming after Colorado (if Texas is a November release). Announce it further in the Xmas stream.
the soonest I see it coming is today and the latest is by the end of October but ether way i am excited
Sara

#373 Post by Sara » 30 Sep 2022 09:29

I think we may not get a teaser of the next DLC until either with the Texas release or after the Texas release, though this is my own guess. SCS did say there main focus for now is finishing and releasing Texas.
Tristman

#374 Post by Tristman » 30 Sep 2022 09:44

It's possible that they save the Oklahoma announcement until after Texas is done, or around the Texas release. They can always post about the California rework if they need something for people to look forward to.
I expect whatever comes after Oklahoma will be announced maybe a couple of months after Oklahoma gets announced.

Now watch them announce the Dakotas instead of Oklahoma :P
flight50

#375 Post by flight50 » 30 Sep 2022 12:39

Waiting til Texas releases is too far away. They need to get it on everyone's mind asap. Whether its a full announcement or a teaser, not sure but more details will come on the xmas stream no matter what. I'm willing to bet it comes before Texas release announcement. To date, every new state tease as come before the current w.i.p. map releases. Oklahoma will be no different. Montana's release should be enough time lapsed from then til the xmas stream to get some images going of progress. Considering Texas is taking so long, the next state will need to be in the mix sooner than later. Only thing that needed to happen imho is getting the cruising event over from Montana and that happened this past Sunday.

Outside of Texas and phase 3 California there is nothing known. ATS has 4 map leads that are all doing something so the more progress shown, the more engaged the community gets. This is hype SCS will want to keep rolling with the less busy states coming up compared to Texas.
oldmanclippy

#376 Post by oldmanclippy » 30 Sep 2022 14:26

Yeah I'm thinking October will be the month where we get a teaser and/or announcement for the next map. Unless it is OK+KS+NE, in which case I could see it waiting until the Xmas stream. But if it's just Oklahoma which is most likely, then I think it'll come before Texas.

It's a very exciting time for sure. Every state that comes from here on out will be different from what has come before. Besides the reworks, no more Mountain West, now we dive into the Great Plains which we've only seen in eastern Montana/Colorado/Wyoming/New Mexico. Texas, North Dakota, and South Dakota will give us the last bits of "rockyness", but once we pass the ND/SD/NE/KS/OK/TX column then the American West is finished as far as I'm concerned. Yes technically the Mississippi is the dividing line but I have a hard time thinking of anything east of the Missouri River as being in the West with a capital W. More like west with a lowercase w. The frontier of the frontier, so to speak.

Oklahoma is sort of emblematic of this shift in geography I think. Dusty open high plains in the panhandle, then the Great Plains proper in the west-central part, some Crosstimbers like in Texas in the center, some more forested plains in the northeast and south, and of course green mountains and valleys in the southeast. A transition between the west and the east.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
flight50

#377 Post by flight50 » 30 Sep 2022 21:58

oldmanclippy wrote: 30 Sep 2022 14:26 Yeah I'm thinking October will be the month where we get a teaser and/or announcement for the next map. Unless it is OK+KS+NE, in which case I could see it waiting until the Xmas stream. But if it's just Oklahoma which is most likely, then I think it'll come before Texas.
This is what I'm going with too. It can go either way but with Montana out already, it kinda makes sense to go for Oklahoma solo and perhaps Kansas and Nebraska together. That way, we can at least get Oklahoma for the Summer slot. The Winter get hit with that bundle.
Shiva

#378 Post by Shiva » 30 Sep 2022 22:18

Oklahoma single, so it can be in a TX + OK Double pack.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#379 Post by flight50 » 30 Sep 2022 23:40

As long as the pack is call the Red River Pack, such a bundle is good actually. Texas and Oklahoma has a tradition call the Red River Shoot-out. Its an annual game when the University of Texas plays the University of Oklahoma on neutral ground. That neutral ground is the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, Tx. Dallas is pretty much the midway between Austin, Tx and Norman, Ok. The Red River is the river that creates the border between the 2 states. So Red River Bundle is a pretty recognizable dlc if it include Texas and Oklahoma. Once Oklahoma releases Texas goes on discounts as all previous dlc's do. But in theory, what really happens is you pay for Texas and get Oklahoma free. Its almost the same as paying full price for Oklahoma and 50% Texas I bet. If Texas is a 17.99 dlc that is.
oldmanclippy

#380 Post by oldmanclippy » 01 Oct 2022 14:56

I could see Oklahoma getting the Idaho treatment and having the Red River Bundle be available for purchase on Oklahoma's release date. That solves the problem of going from Montana for $11.99 to Oklahoma for $11.99 since it will actually cost $8.99 for owners of Texas, and it will sell more copies of Texas to the people who were waiting for a good deal on Texas to spring for it are only interested in Oklahoma.

Oklahoma will be worth the same price as Washington, but like I've said I think SCS created a small problem for themselves by not charging something like $13.99 for Montana.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri

Return to “General discussion about the game”