Oklahoma Discussion Thread

disintegration7x

Re: Oklahoma Discussion Thread

#851 Post by disintegration7x » 25 Nov 2022 00:56

SuchManor wrote: 24 Nov 2022 16:19 Is it though? I mean 385 connects (Lamar) Colorado right to Dalhart. That's a pretty direct route.
I think both should be in, but i'd take 385 if i had to choose
Sara

#852 Post by Sara » 25 Nov 2022 04:07

I agree with flight50. Every state, well, actually, every DLC being added for both ATS and ETS2 should have a microsite.
Trakaplex

#853 Post by Trakaplex » 25 Nov 2022 05:44

Sara wrote: 25 Nov 2022 04:07 I agree with flight50. Every state, well, actually, every DLC being added for both ATS and ETS2 should have a microsite.
Yeah, West Balkans should have a microsite, that would be awesome. People are still whining for ETS2 news lol. I can see it's been a pretty long time. All future DLC's.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
halbtollekreatur

#854 Post by halbtollekreatur » 25 Nov 2022 14:21

halbtollekreatur wrote: 23 Nov 2022 17:32
oldmanclippy wrote: 23 Nov 2022 16:41 There's still unidentified pics in this batch so go crazy. 9 of them by Bedavd's count. https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... 633125&z=4
Made some suggestions earlier. But most pics left are too much placed into nature to get any results.
halbtollekreatur wrote: 15 Nov 2022 16:32 Pic 8 on steam could be here since the tank in the background is there, the curve and the sandy river bed. And we already know 412 will be in.
Pic 9 could be here next to 412. There is a lake and the oil stuff
Pic 10 could be around here near 412. There are a few palces like this and the oil palces in the background.
Pic 12 could be here, here or here judging by the hills in the background near 412.
Found one more place:
Pic 3 (Steam pic 5) could be this X at US-412 near Waynoka
alecwarper

#855 Post by alecwarper » 25 Nov 2022 18:22

Weird thing to be excited for, but I'd imagine Oklahoma will have the first legit toll roads in ATS, right? Unlike in Texas where all the toll roads are complimentary to the main freeway Interstates, and fairly easy to skip out on, Oklahoma has major stretches of the Interstate highways as toll roads. The toll roads of Oklahoma are in green below, with the Freeways in blue;

[ external image ]

I know in the East, tollways are a lot more common than out here in the West, but I'm excited to see this feature in ATS!

(also the toll bridges in the Bay Area barely count as toll roads lmao but I am also excited to see how those get updated with Phase 3 of the California rework!)
alaskagames

#856 Post by alaskagames » 25 Nov 2022 19:50

Wonder if we'll get the International School Bus factory at the Tulsa Airport. It could be a unique industry, I wouldn't mind having school bus yards that we deliver busses to or parts, and then of course having the major factory where we haul parts and take busses from. If not, of course theres the small Fedex cargo port which would just be the general freight location. Or, theres also an American Airlines plane maintenance facility. Could be possible they give us that but label it as "Darwing" and we haul aircraft body and engines to and from. At OKC Airports, we could possibly get the cargo terminal there since its basic, and super easy to get to being right off I-44. Though very unlikely, theres Also Tinker AFB which has a big part in maintenance of planes, which could act similarly to the American Airlines facility I mentioned earlier. I really hope with Oklahoma being a bit sparse on any new industry, they can continue to expand with new companies and maybe divulge in some more unique ones.
oldmanclippy

#857 Post by oldmanclippy » 26 Nov 2022 03:29

@alecwarper Yeah that's something I'm looking forward to with Oklahoma as well. Are there any actual toll plazas on roads we'll see, or are there only e-tolls enforced by scanners overhead?
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
TruckingWolfUSA

#858 Post by TruckingWolfUSA » 26 Nov 2022 04:31

oldmanclippy wrote: 26 Nov 2022 03:29 @alecwarper Yeah that's something I'm looking forward to with Oklahoma as well. Are there any actual toll plazas on roads we'll see, or are there only e-tolls enforced by scanners overhead?
OK is one of the few remaining states that’s actually still using the booths but they’re actually in the process of replacing them with open road tolling, only super recently and the routes we’ll get in game won’t be implemented until 2024 most likely. So we’ll see some toll plazas next year more than likely when this DLC comes out. Same with KS and their turnpike.
https://www.publicradiotulsa.org/local- ... ?_amp=true
Actually based on articles I’m reading about it, we’ll likely get a mix based on which routes have upgraded by then.
TruckingWolfUSA

#859 Post by TruckingWolfUSA » 26 Nov 2022 05:18

Small update on KS Cashless Tolling, they’re slowly converting iover until 2024 😖,
BUT they won’t be turning on the gantries until then so we should be using the booths in game if it comes out next year.
https://twitter.com/kansasturnpike/stat ... WANY1TgDHQ
Kaleidescoop

#860 Post by Kaleidescoop » 26 Nov 2022 10:33

One thing I hope SCS does with Oklahoma (and the rest of the game moving forwards) is to expand on the dynamic road work job site system they seem to already have put in place with Texas where road work sites are randomly selected from a pool of specific locations.

It could be used for construction sites too, with certain buildings randomly selected to be under construction and others appearing to be finished. Maybe there would be some sort of in-game timer for random delivery locations with SCS eventually simulating things like random company locations going under construction/renovation, temporarily closing, etc. as the player plays the game and quits/restarts over time.
I think trucks are cool.

Return to “General discussion about the game”