Which area in ETS2 should be reworked next ?

Which are should be reworked next ??

United Kingdom
19%
BeNeLux
57%
Poland
12%
Hungary
6%
Slovakia
1%
Czech Republic
6%

Total votes: 305

Aziz

Re: Which area in ETS2 should be reworked next ?

#681 Post by Aziz » 24 May 2023 07:57

Trouble is, people are saying that UK is big.
Well yeah so is Poland, if they want to make it even semi -realistic. It's what I pointed out in research thread viewtopic.php?p=1756659#p1756659
I mean hell, there's a large city in the southeast that's straight up missing, the only thing in the game is a piece of a ring road. There's a lot more of such atrocities where things that should be there simply aren't, like if it was rushed and unfinished.
Ok rant over, point is: if there's a proper Poland rework, it will take a lot of time, probably as much as the UK.
Brian Benton

#682 Post by Brian Benton » 24 May 2023 08:23

velles wrote: 24 May 2023 07:26 @Brian Benton
Scandinavia doesn't have base map prefabs
You are wrong, but you are right that in Scandinavia you can still find a small number of interchanges built using new technology. In the vast majority of cases, this is a standard prefab that we can observe, for example, when we drive up to Europort, Calais, or move along a toll highway in Poland.
ninjawarrior1x3

#683 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 24 May 2023 08:53

To those of you saying that Hungary will be 'avoidable' once WB is released, just remember that Osijek will not have a direct connection to Pécs or Budapest upon release. A rework in Hungary would give SCS the opportunity to move Pécs a bit further North in order to make room for the Ivándárda border crossing near Beli Manastir, which should be open to traffic next year, and allow for more direct northern connections from Osijek.
Aziz

#684 Post by Aziz » 24 May 2023 10:24

That only means it will be more avoidable if I'm going East-West. Smooth run on E70 instead of dealing with whatever the hell Hungary has to offer.
tinusman

#685 Post by tinusman » 24 May 2023 10:35

Benelux, Great Britain and Ireland would be nice to have updated.

Although, as classic lover, I liked the old roads and landscape.
May-bee a suggestion: to make classic trucks and maps as a different game😊
velles

#686 Post by velles » 24 May 2023 11:57

Aziz wrote: 24 May 2023 07:57 Ok rant over, point is: if there's a proper Poland rework, it will take a lot of time, probably as much as the UK.
Maybe. But at least such rework will be beneficial to not only to base game map (since western Poland is base game area) but also at least 2 DLCs (obviously Going East but also indirectly to BtBS DLC since you won't have to drive through terrible unreworked areas that aren't any better than the UK and with outdated road network with minor roads in places where there IRL are highways)
UK rework on the other hand will benefit only the base game map and not that much because it is area that's barely connected with the rest of the map. For that reason Czech and Poland rework should be higher in priority than the UK.
MH-S1981

#687 Post by MH-S1981 » 24 May 2023 11:59

JoeAlex23 wrote: 24 May 2023 06:53 Pavel clearly stated that they first want to rebuild the base map and then move into the DLC's, for me personally the best course of action after Switzerland should be Benelux > UK > Going East (all at once or by country) > Scandinavia > France and Italy, that might not be the plan they follow but i'm a firm believer that the countries that share DLC and base map area should receive an overall refresh at the same time, rebuilding the base map cities of France, Italy, Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia first and then the rest of the cities/roads of those countries that is part of a DLC at a later date is such a dumb idea.
I'd like to see the Germany rework team finish Germany rather than picking a few cities here and there (Hate the fact that Munich hasn't been done yet when it's the first city coming in from Switzerland and Austria) and when the Switzerland team are done they could move onto the base map cities of Italy (Again to make the entry from Austria less jarring)
Following that we could have one team tidy up the northern part of France and the other rework Benelux.
Matthias Müller

#688 Post by Matthias Müller » 24 May 2023 12:30

velles wrote: 24 May 2023 07:26 UK is 100% base game map area but the scope is so large that it will likely be done in phases like Germany or California reworks. And I guess UK will require at least 3-4 phases. On the other hand Czech Republic could be easily done in a single run, while Poland in 2, maybe 3 phases.
Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see UK reworked. But ultimately this is choice between two options:
- rework of an easily avoidable country while players still have to drive 3-4 more years through terrible Central Europe
- Czechia + Poland rework while easily avoidable UK can wait
It is obvious that the second option would be WAAAAYYYY more beneficial to the map as a whole than a rework of such disconnected area as UK. This is the same case as people wanting I-80 in Nevada reworked before final California phase - because it will be beneficial not only for base game map but also for DLC areas.
Great Britain now feels like a huge France. although the UK is actually half of France.
My main hope is that the UK will get a scale of 1:19 when remade.which means that UK is not can be redone in parts. what should be done in one go. like Austria or like Switzerland.My main hope is that the UK will finally stop breaking out of the whole map. real size UK is like one Germany, not two.

It's like base California and Nevada and their 1:35 scale. there are still phantom pains of it. Until finally, the SCS did not undertake to completely remove old things and do everything from scratch there.
oldmanclippy

#689 Post by oldmanclippy » 24 May 2023 14:10

I think Pavel stating that he wanted a full team on the UK in order to rework it all in one go is a hint that 1:19 is their plan, but that's not definitive proof by any means.

I am working under the assumption that SCS will in fact rework the entire base map before touching Going East, with the exception of Czechia because Czechia is mostly in the base map, whereas Slovakia and Poland are mostly in Going East. So with that assumption in mind, I'd like to see the order

Northern Italy -> Czechia or Benelux -> Czechia or Benelux -> Northeastern France -> UK

As excited as I am for the UK, it really is in the best position to wait. Northern Italy connects VlF and the recently reworked areas with West Balkans. Czechia borders recently reworked areas. Benelux borders recently reworked areas. Northeastern France borders all of it. The UK is 100% avoidable.

Hungary would still be my preference to rework ASAP, and it was my preference even before we learned that Slavonia would not get a connection to Hungary. With that information in mind, a Hungary rework becomes even more pressing, IMO. But I doubt they will touch it before the base map is finished.

Now if the most important metric was preparing for future DLCs then Scandinavia would be the logical place to rework before Northern Scandinavia comes out. But I think SCS has made it clear that their goal with the reworks is to make the base map better so that players are enticed to invest in DLCs more. In 2016 when I started the base map was enough to convince me to invest further, but in 2023 it's just not as convincing. So that's why I think that Pavel's previous statement on reworking the base map first will pan out, because it doesn't make as much sense to rework a DLC first. Mayyybe Going East because it's the first and cheapest DLC but I think base map will still take precedent, with the exception of Ostrava.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
ninjawarrior1x3

#690 Post by ninjawarrior1x3 » 24 May 2023 14:21

Matthias Müller wrote: 24 May 2023 12:30
velles wrote: 24 May 2023 07:26 UK is 100% base game map area but the scope is so large that it will likely be done in phases like Germany or California reworks. And I guess UK will require at least 3-4 phases. On the other hand Czech Republic could be easily done in a single run, while Poland in 2, maybe 3 phases.
Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see UK reworked. But ultimately this is choice between two options:
- rework of an easily avoidable country while players still have to drive 3-4 more years through terrible Central Europe
- Czechia + Poland rework while easily avoidable UK can wait
It is obvious that the second option would be WAAAAYYYY more beneficial to the map as a whole than a rework of such disconnected area as UK. This is the same case as people wanting I-80 in Nevada reworked before final California phase - because it will be beneficial not only for base game map but also for DLC areas.
Great Britain now feels like a huge France. although the UK is actually half of France.
My main hope is that the UK will get a scale of 1:19 when remade.which means that UK is not can be redone in parts. what should be done in one go. like Austria or like Switzerland.My main hope is that the UK will finally stop breaking out of the whole map. real size UK is like one Germany, not two.

It's like base California and Nevada and their 1:35 scale. there are still phantom pains of it. Until finally, the SCS did not undertake to completely remove old things and do everything from scratch there.
I'm a bit conflicted on how I'd like the UK to be reworked.
On one hand, a downscale to 1:19 would make the UK look more consistent with the rest of the map.
On the other hand, there are a few industrial cities not currently in game that I feel like they missed when making UK Truck Simulator such as:
-Bristol (Largest city in Southwest England)
-Leeds (Largest city in West Yorkshire, although space would be tight here)
-Middlesborough (representing the industrial Tees Valley)
-Portsmouth (Doesn't need to be marked due to proximity of Southampton, but has an important port)
Although, I'm kinda skeptical of new cities being added at the moment, as it doesn't look like any new cities are getting added to Switzerland.
In addition, I would like to see ports added to Wales (Fishguard & Holyhead) and Scotland (Cairnryan) once they get round to adding Ireland.
Last edited by ninjawarrior1x3 on 24 May 2023 14:32, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”