Which area in ETS2 should be reworked next ?

Which are should be reworked next ??

United Kingdom
20%
BeNeLux
58%
Poland
11%
Hungary
6%
Slovakia
1%
Czech Republic
5%

Total votes: 278

VirtualTruckTravels

Re: Which area should be reworked ?

#441 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 18 Jun 2022 22:47

Is there anymore cities in France that is still missing rework? I remember Lyon to be last that was missing which got done in 1.42 or 1.43. while not a city Chanel tunnel could do a rework in France.
parasaurolophus67

#442 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 18 Jun 2022 23:27

@VirtualTruckTravels No they don't have anymore. They just got to make it 2.0 tho since its just reskin on a few.
The Torgo

#443 Post by The Torgo » 19 Jun 2022 02:28

@VirtualTruckTravels yes, the ones near benelux

edit: none, i been driving there this week, the roads looks old but it seems the cities are reworked
tomprice98

#444 Post by tomprice98 » 19 Jun 2022 11:03

VirtualTruckTravels wrote: 18 Jun 2022 22:47 Is there anymore cities in France that is still missing rework? I remember Lyon to be last that was missing which got done in 1.42 or 1.43. while not a city Chanel tunnel could do a rework in France.
I think Calais, Lille, Strasbourg, Mets, Reims and Dijon have only had a retexture/ the surrounding motorways reworked, but the city layout is still vanilla
Aziz

#445 Post by Aziz » 19 Jun 2022 16:35

Yeah, the above. They're not exactly interesting, it's still a grid. Of course Calais is the worst of them all.
Ch_R0me

#446 Post by Ch_R0me » 19 Jun 2022 18:52

UK.

Absolutely UK.

It's old, too generic and lacks the English aura. :lol:

About aura I had not only rain in mind, but just something to see and feel that UK is... UK.

Then Poland and the rest of the V4 countries.
And then Switzerland.
Scandinavia overall for refresh as well.
And then some polish on the Italy...

But it seems I ain't gonna see it. :(
Personal Truck Wishlist:

ETS2: Ford F-Max or SISU Polar or M-B Actros 5 (2019);
ATS: KW W990 or Intl' HX 520/620 or WS 4900.
oldmanclippy

#447 Post by oldmanclippy » 11 Aug 2022 13:47

Given how they've changed their stated goals with ATS in terms of getting to Florida vs now getting to the Great Lakes, I think that means that it's possible, however unlikely, that they end up doing parts of Going East (Hungary) before the entire base map rebuild is complete. I say unlikely because SCS isn't really one to care about map shape which would be the primary reason for reworking say Hungary before Benelux. But I don't think the evidence against it is as rock solid since we have an instance of SCS changing their mind on something as big as the general direction of a game's development.

A reworked Hungary would be a huge boon for Austria, West Balkans, and Road to the Black Sea. Suddenly you have one continuous area where all routes can be driven realistically, except for the ones in the south which would require Greece. But for the moment if we want to get from Austria to Romania, we will have to go through Serbia if we want to stay on good quality roads, which is very unrealistic as far as I understand it.

Hungary would be a pretty quick rework too in comparison to other countries, with only 4 cities (5 if they add Miskolc or Gyor which I think they should) and mostly flatlands with some hills here and there, so nothing terribly hard to map. In fact it would probably be a good exercise for newbies.

I still put the odds of this happening at 10% at most because I don't really see them reworking DLCs at this scale until the base map is done. But IMO it would be way more beneficial to the game as a whole. Heck it's probably time for them to bundle Going East with the base game on Steam anyways. Seems a bit silly to charge for it when it's more or less the same quality as the base map for just a couple bucks. I think the goodwill they would accrue from providing a larger map for purchasers of the base game would make up for the lost revenue. And then there would no longer be any barriers for reworking Going East areas before base map areas, if they are both more or less part of the base game going forward. Would be a neat thing to do for the 10th anniversary of the game.

If they did go forward with adding Going East to a hypothetical Default Base Game Bundle, then Scandinavia could feasibly follow in a year or two. That way they could avoid the awkward "well you actually have to buy 2 Scandinavian DLCs if you want to fully experience Northern Scandinavia" sales pitch. Sure they could just do a Steam Bundle for Scandinavia and Northern Scandinavia on launch, but then you're still asking people to pay more to get the entire experience, when half of it is 9 years old at that point. Adding Scandinavia as something you just get automatically with the base game purchase would eliminate that barrier.

In conclusion, my hope (again I think this is unlikely to happen but oh well) is that the Hungary rework is currently being worked on, with an announcment being made during the 10th anniversary celebration that Going East will be given automatically to all owners of the base game, and that the Hungary rework is development. Hungary could feasibly come in 1.46 depending on when they started. Austria seemed like it spent a good amount of time in QA/test so it's possible that work on the next rework had started earlier than expected. Otherwise 1.47. Again, I acknowledge that this is all most likely fantasy, but IMO it's the best way to move forward to support the West Balkans launch and get people excited.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
xXCARL1992Xx

#448 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 11 Aug 2022 14:03

this is not the first time they changed the goal, ATS should have had Texas within the first 4 DLCs and we still dont have it yet to buy and i have serious doubts they will start to rework DLCs when the basemap isnt even done yet, this is the first thing players see when they buy the game
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
oldmanclippy

#449 Post by oldmanclippy » 11 Aug 2022 14:10

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 11 Aug 2022 14:03 this is not the first time they changed the goal, ATS should have had Texas within the first 4 DLCs and we still dont have it yet to buy and i have serious doubts they will start to rework DLCs when the basemap isnt even done yet, this is the first thing players see when they buy the game
That's why I think the only way it happens is if they automatically include Going East with the base game, which would mean that every player would see outdated areas in that region as well. If they keep Going East as a separate purchase from the base game, then yes I agree it would be very unlikely for them to rework it before the base map.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
tomprice98

#450 Post by tomprice98 » 11 Aug 2022 16:28

I get what you're saying. Hungary, Slovakia, Czechia & Poland are way more important to the game (if you have all DLCs) than UK or even Benelux. However given what I've heard from Pavel in the streams I just don't think it'll happen until all of the base map is done (apart from maybe getting Going East Czechia at the same time as base game Czechia).

Personally I'm 99.99% sure Switzerland is next. I think Switzerland could do with 2 more cities (Basel and one of Chur/ Lugano/ Sion would be my choice), but if they don't want to add new cities to the base map maybe we could get base game Italy reworked alongside Switzerland (probably not I know but it would finish the Alps and improve connections to West Balkans)

Return to “General discussion about the game”