Which area in ETS2 should be reworked next ?

Which are should be reworked next ??

United Kingdom
20%
BeNeLux
58%
Poland
11%
Hungary
6%
Slovakia
1%
Czech Republic
5%

Total votes: 278

55sixxx

Re: Which area should be reworked ?

#431 Post by 55sixxx » 15 Jun 2022 17:02

You can't forget the day where he put a TGX 2020 picture on the video thumbnail with a title that read: "New ETS2 truck" or something like that... Only reason why this guy still gets views is because sometimes SCS reps him up for nothing... Literally anyone could make a minute long video with stuff that is written on the blog and have a TTS voice over it, don't know what so special about his stuff, NGL.
Midiangel

#432 Post by Midiangel » 15 Jun 2022 18:30

Virtual Trucker 51 wrote: 11 Jun 2022 18:51 Due to the situation between Ukraine and Russia, they decided not to issue the HoR, but Greece decided to throw it away so that the Balkan DLC would arrive as soon as possible
I think you are close to the truth. I think the SCS are in a hurry to release the maximum amount of DLC in order to compensate for the non-release of HoR and the profit from its sales.

#433 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 15 Jun 2022 18:32

no, not even close, they wouldnt have thrown out Greece, this DLC is already at least 1 year in development, people should forget this nonsense
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Some newbie driver

#434 Post by Some newbie driver » 16 Jun 2022 10:56

It not so nonsense.

Being 1 year already in development doesn't imply everything is developed at the same time. Most documentation could had already been done, of course; but that could be used in the future and isn't the more manpower intensive (neither the doc team stop work until almost the end, so there could still be a saving in work there). 3D assets could had already been done... or not; depending on which part they were starting to map. If they were already planning start to map on other places than Greece, those were the firsts assets being made and Greek ones would had arrived way later; probably not even still being in the works when al the "HoR on hold" happened. So, if their internal scenario was that, the to cutting down Greece would had saved them a LOT of work to be done, the wasted time would had been little thus the option could had been either feasible and desirable.

The point is that we could never know if that was the scenario SCS found themselves on. So we cannot take for granted it was what happened. If the scenario was that, Greece was automatically out the day they had to put HoR on hold. But it's also perfectly possible Greece never was on the plan. What was very unrealistic was people thinking the very-big-very-complex DLCs would remain a thing considering all the problems SCS has had with them past 3 years. Being planned or not since the start, with all the mess with HoR; it was clear Greece was not going to come, unfortunately.

Regards
oldmanclippy

#435 Post by oldmanclippy » 17 Jun 2022 15:15

Sounds like German cities might be next, unless they're just doing them as side projects in between larger country reworks. Hannover will be the only one done for 1.45. Either way I'm pretty excited.

I've started a discussion thread for post-Austria Germany city reworks here: viewtopic.php?t=311638
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
55sixxx

#436 Post by 55sixxx » 17 Jun 2022 15:55

Well, looks like we'll stay with the p00p quality Switzerland, Czech, Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg for while.

I would hope these German cities would be done by standalone teams and would come as side projects... But after reading the first paragraph of the blog those hopes have gone down the drain. At least the awful german cities layouts will be thrown on the garbage bin.

But the Hannover shown in the blog is indeed looking nice.
oldmanclippy

#437 Post by oldmanclippy » 17 Jun 2022 16:00

It's possible that they have split the rework team into two: one larger team focused on country reworks, the other smaller team on German city reworks. Completely speculation of course, but obviously landscape mappers have limited utility working on German cities so unless they reintegrated those mappers into West Balkans, I imagine they're still working on a rework somewhere.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
SenseFM

#438 Post by SenseFM » 17 Jun 2022 16:06

They could always do the rework of the German cities in a similar way to the base map French cites - one by one while other old areas still are being worked on. The blog doesn't rule out the rebuilding of other areas of the map IMO. I think the bigger base map area reworks will still be coming annually like the Austria Revamp and the three-phased German Autobahn updates.
Marcello Julio

#439 Post by Marcello Julio » 18 Jun 2022 02:44

I believe that from now on in future updates, at least 1 or 2 reworked germany cities will have in some update. I'm guessing that some small team is responsible for the German cities and another team is already working in the next country. I don't believe they need the whole team to rework cities. 3 or 4 people reworking German cities should be enough.
tomprice98

#440 Post by tomprice98 » 18 Jun 2022 11:16

Marcello Julio wrote: 18 Jun 2022 02:44 I believe that from now on in future updates, at least 1 or 2 reworked germany cities will have in some update. I'm guessing that some small team is responsible for the German cities and another team is already working in the next country. I don't believe they need the whole team to rework cities. 3 or 4 people reworking German cities should be enough.
Yes this would make sense. I hope they don't forget about the Italian cities and French cities still with vanilla layouts.

Return to “General discussion about the game”