Which area in ETS2 should be reworked next ?

Which are should be reworked next ??

United Kingdom
20%
BeNeLux
58%
Poland
11%
Hungary
6%
Slovakia
1%
Czech Republic
5%

Total votes: 278

oldmanclippy

Re: Which area should be reworked ?

#451 Post by oldmanclippy » 11 Aug 2022 17:01

I'm on board with finishing out Northern Italy after/alongside Switzerland. Switzerland and Austria are only connected by a single road plus reworked Germany, it would be nice to get a southern route between them as well. Get the whole Alps region in high quality mapping before West Balkans comes to connect Iberia and Vive la France with it.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Aziz

#452 Post by Aziz » 11 Aug 2022 18:26

tomprice98 wrote: 11 Aug 2022 16:28 apart from maybe getting Going East Czechia at the same time as base game Czechia).
Yeah that's problematic isn't it? Base Italy and France got refreshed looks (slightly) in anticipation of respective dlcs, and a bit more after that, but here the situation is different. If they rework only base part of Czechia, why not all of it? If they rework all of it, why not do the same with Poland? I have a feeling that both these countries will be indeed touched last, if SCS keep the promise of reworking dlcs after base.
tomprice98

#453 Post by tomprice98 » 12 Aug 2022 16:27

Aziz wrote: 11 Aug 2022 18:26
tomprice98 wrote: 11 Aug 2022 16:28 apart from maybe getting Going East Czechia at the same time as base game Czechia).
Yeah that's problematic isn't it? Base Italy and France got refreshed looks (slightly) in anticipation of respective dlcs, and a bit more after that, but here the situation is different. If they rework only base part of Czechia, why not all of it? If they rework all of it, why not do the same with Poland? I have a feeling that both these countries will be indeed touched last, if SCS keep the promise of reworking dlcs after base.
I think Czechia is different to Poland and Slovakia. Poland only had 3 cities in base game, Slovakia had 1 so going east added the majority of those countries to the game. However in Czechia GE only added 1 city and the majority was in the base game. On the ETS2 website Czechia is shown as a base map country, while Poland and Slovakia are Going East. I think Czechia will come after Switzerland and probably Benelux too, its 50/50 if the UK comes before it imo.
oldmanclippy

#454 Post by oldmanclippy » 12 Aug 2022 16:38

Ostrava could definitely be an exception to the no-DLC-before-base rule. It would be nice to get a reworked Czechia in whole.

They can't do Prague without getting us to SCS itself right? :lol: It's not in a terrible location for it, very close to the inner ring road (which seems to have a weight limit however). There's no way they pass up that opportunity. They could even make it a deliverable company, taking office supplies to it and used packaging from it, just for the meme.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
JoeAlex23

#455 Post by JoeAlex23 » 12 Aug 2022 16:46

AFAIK, the roads that are the closest to the SCS offices don't allow big trucks on them, of course, that has never stopped SCS before :lol:
Marcello Julio

#456 Post by Marcello Julio » 12 Aug 2022 19:30

As much as one of the cities in the Czech Republic is in the Going East DLC, I believe it is possible to rework the country in a near future. Mainly because we are talking about the country where SCS is located.

And I hope they can make both the office and the road in Prague close to their office accessible :P Yes, I know it is not accessible for trucks, but one of the Alps roads in Austria does not allow trucks and they made in the game accessible. They Can have this artistic freedom.
jackalnxt

#457 Post by jackalnxt » 13 Aug 2022 09:20

Maybe they can simplify things in the rework by making Ostrava a base game city and Bratislava a DLC city.
Aziz

#458 Post by Aziz » 13 Aug 2022 10:04

First part sounds ok, second not so much, as it's quite literally removing content from base game.

I honestly wonder how it's going to work, as once GE is reworked, the quality will probably match the latest dlcs for half the price. They can obviously raise the price, but there's a risk of people mass buying GE before price change.

And I'm still hoping for it to be MASSIVELY overhauled, not only by changing cities and roads, but also ADDING cities and roads where the largest gaps are. But I've been saying this since I registered here so yeah.
Aziz

#459 Post by Aziz » 16 Aug 2022 12:40

Latest facebook post got me thinking, is this a known spot, or a new place? perhaps Switzerland?

[ external image ]
harishw8r

#460 Post by harishw8r » 16 Aug 2022 12:42

Looks like that hidden road in Graz

Return to “General discussion about the game”