Which area in ETS2 should be reworked next ?

Which are should be reworked next ??

United Kingdom
19%
BeNeLux
57%
Poland
12%
Hungary
6%
Slovakia
1%
Czech Republic
6%

Total votes: 304

oldmanclippy

Re: Which area should be reworked ?

#401 Post by oldmanclippy » 23 May 2022 13:35

Yep Austria had all the marked cities it needed so it didn't get any changes there, but with the new full rework strategy I've got to imagine that adding missing cities is on their radar.

Austria has 6 marked cities and I think that's a pretty good density considering the mountains. Right now we have 6 cities in Benelux which isn't enough IMO considering the density of that region IRL. I'd like to see 8 or 9 with the reworks. Add Antwerp, 1 more Dutch city, and possibly 1 additional city. Maybe The Hague too if there's room but it'll be tight if they want to go all out with Europoort, which they should. I'd rather have a great Rotterdam, Europoort, and Amsterdam with room in between them, then trying to shove in The Hague and compromising the others.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Shiva

#402 Post by Shiva » 23 May 2022 14:20

oldmanclippy, ProMods has an example on what can fit.
And even they have given up on trying to fit some cities.

And some cities they have fitted in Andorra la Vella.

Monaco, neither has yet done it, but I do think it is possible.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Some newbie driver

#403 Post by Some newbie driver » 23 May 2022 14:27

What could fit in promods doesn't have to fit in vanilla game. Despite the map surface is the same, the way they map and the design decisions and guidelines are very very different. I remember have seen videos of Barcelona in Promods and it was a mess of too narrow roads (specially off-ramps in several places) trying to fit with a shoehorn as much as possible just for the sake of have it mapped. SCS version of Barcelona hasn't so much content but at the same time the one it's there it's way better and more logical IMHO when compared with IRL.

Of course, the way that collective works means things could be (and for sure are) completely different in lots of other places; I'm just talking about one example. Point it, SCS should not look at all what moders do on their maps; they should look about what they can provide with their quality and workflow standards in the time they have to do it. And if that allows them to include new cities on a rework, party time then.

Regards
Shiva

#404 Post by Shiva » 23 May 2022 16:55

You are right, but still it is an example.
And regarding ProMods Barcelona vs SCS's. I prefer SCS's less is more.
It could be even so that SCS might be able to fit, what PM has not.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
angrybirdseller

#405 Post by angrybirdseller » 24 May 2022 04:35

Promods Barcelona had too many roads and assets while scs planned it out better to make sure it flows with the map. The Benelux countries think would be nice to improve next as closes the gap between rebuilt German map and the upgraded sectors in the France map. Austria no longer has suicide ramps from the orginal German Truck Simulator, and only Netherlands and Swirizerland thas those left at this point. Still, think reworking all the German Cities be nice to see with time, but they still need to sell DLC and create maps to fund it.
Midiangel

#406 Post by Midiangel » 24 May 2022 06:48

To continue the topic of comparing mods and vanilla maps.

In those hidden parts of the HoR map that came to us at 1.44, I saw a couple of photorealistic cities that I had been to in reality. It gave me a WOW effect.
At the same time, road areas are completely different from realism, unlike RusMap. When I drive along the roads of RusMap, I say to myself: yes! I know this way!
This is not always the case in vanilla maps.
But RusMap's cities are not always similar.

When I started playing games from SCS, I turned into a traveler, and when ProMods added to this, this world expanded significantly for me.
I would say that this is not a trucker simulator, but a traveler simulator. :D

#407 Post by tomprice98 » 24 May 2022 16:35

I think for sure Antwerp and Eindhoven/ Arnhem/ Zwolle should be included with Benelux rework

Similarly Basel and Chur would be nice for Switzerland
Aziz

#408 Post by Aziz » 24 May 2022 21:03

I just want a gas station between Europoort and Amsterdam.
VirtualTruckTravels

#409 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 25 May 2022 05:22

IMO promods is not the golden standard, i think their map is to crammed in too many places, reality of map is great, but i prefer scs way of map layout, keeping it real without compromising the feeling of distance.
Midiangel

#410 Post by Midiangel » 25 May 2022 05:28

When will we get Ireland or Iceland from the SCS? I do not think that this will happen at least in the near future. ProMods give us the opportunity to visit those places. They have their own standards, but these are not the worst standards.

Return to “General discussion about the game”