Which area in ETS2 should be reworked next ?

Which are should be reworked next ??

United Kingdom
20%
BeNeLux
58%
Poland
11%
Hungary
6%
Slovakia
1%
Czech Republic
5%

Total votes: 278

Aziz

Re: Which area should be reworked ?

#361 Post by Aziz » 12 May 2022 05:50

My pure guesses are: because Austria provides better connection to RttBS area (though you still have to go through Hungary, but that's for now) and upcoming (at unknown time in the future) western Balkans - to get there by a different route you'd have to go through even more Going East parts of the map, Slovakia and Poland, which brings me to my second guess: part of Czechia is included in the dlc, and since the team said they're not touching it before the rest of the base map is done (I hope they change their mind though) there would be basically two Czech Republics, part of it new, part of it old, for a long time. And lastly, while I don't say other parts of the map are not pretty when done well, Austria and Switzerland in the future have THE most scenic routes in the whole game and I'm not joking. I mean come on, the Alps? Paradise on Earth. I'm soooo glad we got this so early in the rebuild process.
Look, I'd very much like to see my country done, as GE looks rushed and incomplete (much lower road density and places where cities should be but there are none etc) but there are more important places to be, and to see.
abasstreppas

#363 Post by abasstreppas » 13 May 2022 11:24

After updating to 1.44 and been around Austria a bit I realise that all areas needs an update. :o

Despite the still lacking of pedestrians, the newly reworked area really feels "alive" and this is the first time I get that feeling in the game at all. SCS have set a new standard and I wonder if they will manage to keep up to that. :? It takes it's toll on my old PC-rig though and I probably need to work a bit more to be able to finance a new computer :| :)
krmarci

#364 Post by krmarci » 13 May 2022 11:48

@abasstreppas I think it was Innsbruck where I actually saw people playing basketball...
55sixxx

#365 Post by 55sixxx » 13 May 2022 11:55

My dream is to see Norway, Denmark and Sweden all in the same quality as the new Austria or Iberia DLC... Specially that road that goes from Kristiansand to Bergen and then Oslo, the Fjörds roads done with the same quality as the Grossglockner road would be INSANE.

But since SCS won't touch DLC's just yet, Switzerland is my top pick, followed by Benelux (Which is small enough to be done all at once) and then Czechia, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia (Out of the 4, Poland is the one that needs a rework the most since there is very few motorways in it while IRL that's not the case, I think.)
CodArk2

#366 Post by CodArk2 » 13 May 2022 13:44

My picks for preferred order:
!. Switzerland
2. Benelux (or Luxembourg first since its one city, then Belgium, then Netherlands)
3. Base map Italy (I know it got a touch up with Italia but some of the roads feel outdated)
4. Czech Republic
5. Base map French roads (most cities got a refresh already)
6. German cities and roads that weren't rebuilt in the Germany reworks
7. The UK
8. Poland (if most of it wasn't in Going East this would be in the top 3)
7. The rest of the Going East nations
8, Scandinavian DLC nations

The biggest issue with the UK is that it has a lot of cities (cities take longer to build) AND its at a different scale than the rest. of the map. They have said they wanted to redo it all in one go for that reason but it would take years. I would rather get other nations done first and faster than wait years for the UK to get rebuilt. And geographically I HAVE to drive through continental Europe, the UK is an island isolated from the rest of the map, so anything that makes the cross continential drives more pleasant is a preferable.
55sixxx

#367 Post by 55sixxx » 13 May 2022 14:26

The state of California is way bigger than the UK when you put them side by side, and a decent chunk of it is completed, so reworking UK all at once wouldn't be too hard, since it's easier for them to get references and etc. Plus, Jakub mentioned that reskinning and polishing up older areas to a new standard is harder than to start from scratch. So yeah, I believe the current smaller scale on the UK will be ditched and they'll re-do everything in the same scale as the rest.

Perhaps, there could be someone already working in the UK just as we speak, doing things slowly at a comfortable pace to get things two step ahead when SCS finally decides to put all their rework team attention there.
Aziz

#368 Post by Aziz » 13 May 2022 16:20

55sixxx wrote: 13 May 2022 11:55Poland is the one that needs a rework the most since there is very few motorways in it while IRL that's not the case, I think.
It is kinda accurate... By 2013 standards. But after nearly a decade the amount of motorways increased significantly, many of the smaller roads available in the game no longer look like that. If they want to rebuild it, they'd also would have to update it to accurately represent current image. Also, add missing cities in questionable areas to match the density of the rest of the map (Rzeszów, there's piece of ring road but no city; Radom, few roads meet there, in the middle of nowhere; Siedlce, Suwałki, where this weird road contraption exists in the northeast; Toruń/Bydgoszcz, currently there are only few random buildings and single traffic light; Koszalin, and I only mentioned cities where largest gaps currently exist) and most likely add some equally important roads, others need to be rearranged. There's a lot of work to be done there and honestly I expect no less. I bet similar situation exists in other GE countries. It does feel like it was rushed and/or unfinished.
JoeAlex23

#369 Post by JoeAlex23 » 13 May 2022 17:20

Saying that GE looks "rushed and unfinished" is a wrong way of seeing things, when SCS made GE they didn't had the mapping experience they have now and a lot of things have improved over the years, they did with GE the best they could with their capabilities/tools of that time, but now it does not matter in the slightest how GE looks now since with the rework project everything will scrapped and made from scratch like they did with Austria and will keep doing with other countries.
CarbonGTGaming

#370 Post by CarbonGTGaming » 13 May 2022 17:25

Switzerland 🇨🇭 should be the next rework

Return to “General discussion about the game”