Which area in ETS2 should be reworked next ?

Which are should be reworked next ??

United Kingdom
19%
BeNeLux
57%
Poland
12%
Hungary
6%
Slovakia
1%
Czech Republic
6%

Total votes: 306

Some newbie driver

Re: Which area should be reworked ?

#261 Post by Some newbie driver » 18 Dec 2021 09:42

How do I explain Austria? Is that we don't have Austria already? I would swear I drive through it 2 days ago. Hummm...

What part of "reworks are about what's already in the game" isn't clear enough?

Reworks aren't a gift of new content they give us because they love us so much they would want to hug us all. Reworks is an investment they do as a company so the game could meet modern standards that will help them to keep or increase player base in order to keep the company alive and profitable.

They have added content later in some places yes (anmd it seems we will have some extra roads for Austria too); but we already had in the game the general zone where that new content was. We don't have already Ireland and a good chunk of Britain and they are zones perfectly marketable on their own. So, any expectation you could have to see them added for free is probably very wrong. And there's people that directly request/demand that content to be added for free (I'm not saying that's the case of you two), as if SCS workers would be here to obey our demands at our will. I thought slavery was banned like 2 centuries ago...

So, let me give you a friendly advise. Next time you could think that SCS could add something for free, remember they are a company, not a charitable organization. That would help you a lot to consider your expectations level and avoid unnecessary frustration when those initially overgrown expectations eventually will be proven wrong. Expect less and, in the case you will be wrong, you will enjoy it.

Regards
xXCARL1992Xx

#262 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 18 Dec 2021 09:52

Austria was completely ripped out of the game and remade, there is no rework, this is an experiment SCS is doing with it
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Some newbie driver

#263 Post by Some newbie driver » 18 Dec 2021 09:57

Call it what you want: rebuilt, rework, ripped off (SCS calls it revamp). That's not a semantics discussion. The point is we had this place in the game while we never had nothing of Ireland or all the chunks of Britain that never had been mapped by SCS since their old UKTS.

We had neither before Corsica or Sardinia; but since the times of the "Islands DLC" (now bygone and the topic long dead) nobody has never thought nor for a moment those places could be "marketable" on their own. And SCS clearly considered the same, so that's why we had them for free.

Regards
Shiva

#264 Post by Shiva » 18 Dec 2021 10:41

I hope the rework goes well and will be well received..
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Aziz

#265 Post by Aziz » 18 Dec 2021 10:54

Then what's stopping SCS for doing the same later? Send a small team to work on it while some others are repairing the rest of UK?

Okay so let's say they want to sell it as Island of Ireland dlc. Given the available size with current scale of the map, what's gonna be there? 10, 15 cities, perhaps. By current standards, that's maybe 10$/€ worth of content, still on smaller area than equally priced Going East.
IvanKuz

#266 Post by IvanKuz » 18 Dec 2021 11:09

A lot of this new content (Corsica, Sardinia, Soria, Beja) was done by new mappers as part of their training. Ireland is bigger than those (although it might be easier to deal with terrain-wise), and combined with the missing parts of the UK even more so. There are dozens of missing roads and smaller islands that would be more suitable for that purpose.

There is no law that says that all map DLCs should cost the same, if SCS chose to make Ireland a standalone DLC they can put a smaller price on it according to how much content it has compared to other map DLCs.
xXCARL1992Xx

#267 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 18 Dec 2021 11:10

the UK (well more like England really) will be remade in one go and i assume Austria is the trial for it to see how good it will be received, if this is done then they can make a DLC that adds Ireland/North Ireland the rest of Scotland and Wales because both combined have only 5 cities and the rest could be added via DLC like it was done with France and Italy
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Jatruck

#268 Post by Jatruck » 18 Dec 2021 11:29

Hopefully when they rework/rebuild/remade UK then will do another experiment: to include Ireland and Northern Ireland as a bonus. For 10th anniversary would be great as a giveaway.

I think that would be a very good experiment ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
IvanKuz

#269 Post by IvanKuz » 18 Dec 2021 11:32

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Some newbie driver wrote: 18 Dec 2021 09:42Next time you could think that SCS could add something for free, remember they are a company, not a charitable organization.
Jatruck

#270 Post by Jatruck » 18 Dec 2021 11:44

It's just a gift for a very special thing .... ETS2 10 YEARS

I'm pretty sure that giveaway wouldn't bankrupt them ... :roll:

Return to “General discussion about the game”