Which area in ETS2 should be reworked next ?

Which are should be reworked next ??

United Kingdom
19%
BeNeLux
57%
Poland
12%
Hungary
6%
Slovakia
1%
Czech Republic
6%

Total votes: 305

Some newbie driver

Re: Which area should be reworked ?

#341 Post by Some newbie driver » 02 May 2022 17:19

JoeAlex23 wrote: 02 May 2022 16:49I believe SCS already said that the UK rework will be done in one shot and maybe change the scale from 1:15 to 1:19 to match the rest of the map
The one shot I recall something being said by Pavel himself a few years ago on an interview. The rescale thing is a completely player-driven theory based in the only fact that all must be the same to no offend the OCT-gods.

There exist no utterly and absolute reason to do the rescale or to keep it as it is now. There exist dozens of good reasons for both options, that had been discussed to exhaustion in the forums, and we have not a single idea of what SCS would finally do.

Regards
xXCARL1992Xx

#342 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 02 May 2022 17:21

doing it in one shot pretty much tells they want to rescale it, because if they would do it in stages then the scale of 1:15 has to be keeped
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
JoeAlex23

#343 Post by JoeAlex23 » 02 May 2022 17:47

True, we have no idea how they will do it and whatever we say is pure speculation, but i do believe if they do it all in one shot it increases the probability of a scale change, maybe Convoy mode will have some weight on that, since we know that the time scale of the UK goes to 1:19 when in a Convoy session, maybe is worth doing the same scale on the whole map, but who really knows at this point.
xXCARL1992Xx

#344 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 02 May 2022 17:54

the whole scale is 1:16 when in convoy
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
JoeAlex23

#345 Post by JoeAlex23 » 02 May 2022 18:24

Oh, my bad, then i remember it wrong 😂

But the point still stand, the time scale changes to keep up with the different scale between the UK and the rest of the map (i don't remember if the time scale changes in ATS Convoy), maybe they want to change that with doing a rescale of the UK, i'm just guessing what could make sense.
xXCARL1992Xx

#346 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 02 May 2022 18:35

the scale in both games changes to 1:16 for everything, doesnt matter if it is a city or inbetween (or the UK in ETS2 case)
[ external image ]
Some newbie driver

#347 Post by Some newbie driver » 02 May 2022 18:37

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 02 May 2022 17:21doing it in one shot pretty much tells they want to rescale it, because if they would do it in stages then the scale of 1:15 has to be keeped
Doing it in one shot tells us they can or cannot change the scale, nothing more, nothing else.

There's lots of reasons to not release UK in fascicles as they do with Germany. As I said, this has been discussed long lots of times. And objectively, there's not a single person who had put over the table a single reason that makes a must for the rescale neither for keeping 1:15. Because there's none, as everything in life there's pros and cons and we don't know how SCS weights every one of those. Whoever will say it's granted it will be one way or another is either lying to us or lying to himself.

Regards

PS: The MP mode mention as it could be a reason to rescale it's ironic on itself. I remember lots of players pro-rescale focusing in how bad is for his "immersion" that time and space scales don't match in UK. I personally always find those opinions over-exaggerations caused by bias of knowledge (they know the scale is different so they search for flaws to point at) that would not exist if nobody had told them the scale is different. The fact that cities had a way large scale disparity and didn't blow their minds was already a clear sign. The fixed scale needed for MP is the nail in the coffin of those complains. Not to mention time slowing when completely stopped (like on traffic lights). So, SCS had clearly stated for years that they will make time and land scales fit their needs, not the opposite. If that's good for them to make them match it will be so; but not for the sake of making them match.
pigbrother

#348 Post by pigbrother » 02 May 2022 18:40

I actually smoke a cigarette every time I stop for a rest in game and i feel that in UK it takes longer between my nicotine doses. :lol:
I have approximate knowledge of many things
oldmanclippy

#349 Post by oldmanclippy » 02 May 2022 20:18

Doing it in one shot tells us nothing. Doing it in stages would signify that the 1:15 scale was staying. But doing it in one shot could mean 1:15 or 1:19. *Needing* to do it in one shot, means 1:19. But we don't know if that's the plan or not in 2022. So it's all speculation.

I know the conversation has been beaten to death here, but I'm still on team 1:19 for consistency reasons. I don't care that much though, so if they want to keep the UK at 1:15 for the rework, then we'll get a more detailed UK at least. The current tedium from 27% longer distances will turn into a strength once the mapping quality is up to par with current standards. My guess is that a 1:15 map would only take about 40-50% longer to develop than a 1:19 map. 61% more land area, but only 27% more linear road miles, increased density notwithstanding. So it would save SCS money and time to drop down to 1:19 for sure, but not a crazy amount of money and time. Convoy showed that 1:15 can stay without messing things up, so it's a matter of weighting the benefits of a more detailed map vs a more consistent map.

If 1:15, then three phases would be helpful but not required. If 1:19, then yeah they'd have to do it all in one go obviously. Before Austria, my prediction was 1:15. But now that they've shown that blowing up a base map and redoing everything from the ground up works really well, I think they'll blow it up. So 1:15 is still an option, but 1:19 is probably more enticing for SCS.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
dsf.fernando

#350 Post by dsf.fernando » 02 May 2022 21:24

So based on your estimations, a completely hypotethical 1:10 rework would take at least double the development time a 1:19 map?
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)

Return to “General discussion about the game”