Which area in ETS2 should be reworked next ?

Which are should be reworked next ??

United Kingdom
19%
BeNeLux
56%
Poland
12%
Hungary
6%
Slovakia
1%
Czech Republic
5%

Total votes: 301

55sixxx

Re: Which area should be reworked ?

#331 Post by 55sixxx » 30 Apr 2022 13:33

Was driving from A Coruña to Ostrava last night and had to go through Switzerland... Once I saw it I knew I had to go with it on the poll, that area looks sooo outdated.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

These pics above were taken on the highway just north of Bern... It looks like something straight out of 18WoS ALH or ETS1
Trucker Nik

#332 Post by Trucker Nik » 30 Apr 2022 18:35

It would be great to get the reworking of Switzerland for the tenth anniversary of ETS2 but that will not happen, only that the scs would have two teams to rework the old parts of the map 😏, Switzerland is almost half the size of Austria
Marcello Julio

#333 Post by Marcello Julio » 30 Apr 2022 19:16

Well, it's almost certain that the rework team must have already started work in the next country. Maybe this year we will have a teaser, like we had with Austria last year. But another rework this year I find it difficult to happen.
JolliciousJosh

#334 Post by JolliciousJosh » 01 May 2022 03:36

I deserve Switzerland to be the next base game revamps, and it will have the same treatment as Austria. Swiss rework can be done in one huge update.
Aziz

#335 Post by Aziz » 01 May 2022 09:29

Well Austria rework is also coming in one huge update. Only it took them under a year to complete it (first mention is from August last year).
xXCARL1992Xx

#336 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 01 May 2022 09:30

it took longer then a year for them to make it
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Some newbie driver

#337 Post by Some newbie driver » 01 May 2022 12:07

Aziz wrote: 01 May 2022 09:29 first mention is from August last year
And that mention was with the work really advanced in mapping; that comes after documentation, 2D design (the kind of work explained on the last "Under the Hood" blog post) and 3D modeling.

Their work cycle, even for "smaller" map reworks, is way longer than 1 year. Are they working on next reworked area? Pretty probable, unless they need all the hands they could to boost next DLC due the problems with HoR. When we will see any mention of that rework? SCSoon.

Regards
oldmanclippy

#338 Post by oldmanclippy » 02 May 2022 16:21

Voted Switzerland for multiple reasons:

a) The rework team just got some great practice making mountains and winding roads, which they'll definitely need for Switzerland.

b) With the Western Balkans coming, it's a good opportunity to further improve the quality of Southern Europe. We could get from Lisbon to Ljubljana and further using all Vive la France and newer roads.

c) As opposed to Benelux which is on the edge of the map, Switzerland is more centrally located and thus more difficult to avoid on long routes.

d) Switzerland is smaller than Austria, with only 3 marked cities currently, about half the land area, and a lower road density than Austria even before 1.44. Thus Switzerland will be a quicker effort, definitely capable of releasing in the first update of 2023, possibly even the last update of 2022 depending on when the bulk of the Austria rework effort was completed and depending on how much they expand the current lineup of Swiss roads (and possibly even adding a 4th marked city such as Lucerne or Basel). I think the odds are 75% 2023 and 25% 2022. I have a feeling that Austria was mostly done for 1.43 but needed just a bit more time and thus slipped to 1.44. So if Austria took about the same time as an ATS DLC (estimate with little concrete evidence to back it up), then I think Switzerland could take 1/2 to 2/3 of that time. Probably closer to 2/3 or even 3/4, since halving the amount of roads/cities won't necessarily halve the amount of time required to complete it.

e) Switzerland is a really cool country to drive in (it's OK Benelux, I still think you're cool), and thus would get people excited to get back into ETS2, one or two updates prior to the Western Balkans release, or possibly one later if Greece is excluded.

I do think the overwhelming logical next country is Switzerland, unless they are planning a 2024 rest of UK + Ireland DLC, in which case they'd need to get started on the UK rework ASAP. Even then a 2024 release would be too soon I think. The UK would probably require 3 phases similar to the California rework: one phase for England south of maybe Birmingham, one phase for England north of Birmingham, and one phase for Scotland and Wales (the existing base map parts). I think that's still a very low likelihood so Switzerland still makes by far the most sense.

Benelux maybe could be next if they're shifting the Austria mappers to Western Balkans, which wouldn't be a bad idea given the skill they demonstrated with mountain mapping.

Western Czechia could be an option in order to open up the Berlin to Vienna route with good quality mapping. But I'm pegging the Czechia rework as the final base map rework, since part of it is in Going East, they might as well knock the whole country out in one go.

Hungary is Going East, so unless they changed their mind on rework priority I don't see it happening until the base map is complete, even if it is the country that would benefit the overall map the most IMO, connecting the reworked base map with Road to the Black Sea via new good quality mapping in Hungary.

Slovakia and Poland have a near 0% chance I think, too many other options before we get to them.

Odds are, I think, something like:

Switzerland 67%
Benelux 25%
UK 5%
Western Czechia 2%
Hungary 1%
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
JoeAlex23

#339 Post by JoeAlex23 » 02 May 2022 16:49

oldmanclippy wrote: 02 May 2022 16:21 The UK would probably require 3 phases similar to the California rework: one phase for England south of maybe Birmingham, one phase for England north of Birmingham, and one phase for Scotland and Wales (the existing base map parts).
I believe SCS already said that the UK rework will be done in one shot and maybe change the scale from 1:15 to 1:19 to match the rest of the map, so i don't see it happening until at least late 2023.
krmarci

#340 Post by krmarci » 02 May 2022 17:04

Interesting how no one has voted Slovakia yet. The Carpathians could definitely benefit from some rework as well...

Return to “General discussion about the game”