ATS/ETS2 Local Radio

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.

Where do you use Local Radio?

Base Map
45%
Coast to Coast
14%
Reforma Mexico
11%
ProMods Canada
21%
Canadream
5%
Carribean Map
5%

Total votes: 199

Laqueesha

Re: ATS/ETS2 Local Radio

#11 Post by Laqueesha » 16 Feb 2021 13:24

Hi, I noticed Everett, WA is not listed as a city in the code despite being an in-game city. Is this an oversight or intentional?
LATrucker

#12 Post by LATrucker » 16 Feb 2021 19:35

That's intentional. ;)
Some smaller cities receive the radio stations from bigger cities in their "neighbourhood", so there's no need to seperate these cities. In case of Everett it's Seattle for example:
https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/locat ... WA&x=0&y=0

It's the same case for Ontario OR and Nampa ID (Boise ID stations), Oakland CA (San Francisco stations), Vancouver WA (Portland OR stations) and a few other cities.
Laqueesha

#13 Post by Laqueesha » 17 Feb 2021 03:32

Alrightey, thanks!
FreedomFries

#14 Post by FreedomFries » 19 Feb 2021 16:11

Tried everything I could, but I can't get this to work on ATS. On ETS2, it works, but when I open the browser while this game is running, first it brings up Spanish stations with zero coverage, then after refreshing the site, it shows no stations at all. On the bottom of the page it can't seem to find any nearby city, even though I was in Arizona on the base map. Tried manually changing the telemetry plugin from the one the program adds on its own to the one in the source files from Github, since tohose have a newer date so I thought they were different, but nothing.
The one thing I could think of is that when I tried this on ETS2, where it worked, I didn't have Trucksbook running, but on ATS I launched the game with it because I need it for VTC deliveries. Maybe Trucksbook and Local Radio cause issues with each other? If so, that'd be a shame, since that'd mean I can't use Local Radio anymore.

EDIT: Tried running the game without Trucksbook, still doesn't work. AGain, ETS2 works, but not on ATS, hmm.
LATrucker

#15 Post by LATrucker » 20 Feb 2021 16:34

Hmm well, I don't know how Trucksbook exactly works, but maybe it's because of the telemetry plugin.
Normally you can click on the "Install Plugin" button in Local Radio and it works fine. Please take a look at the Troubleshooting section: https://koenvh.nl/projects/ets2-local-radio (just scroll down a bit)

Maybe it helps you to fix the issue :)
LeakyLine

#16 Post by LeakyLine » 23 Feb 2021 08:58

This looks great.
joschac2

#17 Post by joschac2 » 02 Mar 2021 16:47

I have ran Truckbooks and Local radio at teh same time and had no trouble @FreedomFries . Tho. back in 2018. Local radio was competed broken for me
Elijah1573

#18 Post by Elijah1573 » 09 Mar 2021 21:59

Perhaps it would be possible to make it so the radio cuts out in tunnels?
Koen

#19 Post by Koen » 10 Mar 2021 14:30

@Elijah1573 I have no idea where all tunnels are, and no way to get that data either, so that's not possible at the moment.
(Plus, a lot of tunnels nowadays have tunnel transmitters)
FreedomFries

#20 Post by FreedomFries » 12 Mar 2021 14:27

LATrucker wrote: 20 Feb 2021 16:34 Hmm well, I don't know how Trucksbook exactly works, but maybe it's because of the telemetry plugin.
Normally you can click on the "Install Plugin" button in Local Radio and it works fine. Please take a look at the Troubleshooting section: https://koenvh.nl/projects/ets2-local-radio (just scroll down a bit)

Maybe it helps you to fix the issue :)
It didn't help, since none of those things are the issue. Also, Trucksbook isn't the problem, since it works well on ETS2. It's just that ATS local radio doesn't work.

UPDATE: Checked game.log, based on the troubleshooting section my problem's supposed to be that 1, my volume isn't set and 2, the browser. Well obviously, I'm not a moron, so I have the volume set above 0, and I tried ALL browsers (Firefox, Edge, Chrome), none of them work. Again, Local Radio works perfectly on ETS2, but ATS is broken.

Return to “Others”