Kansas Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Kansas Discussion Thread

#561 Post by flight50 » 18 May 2023 16:04

Ohhhh yeah I forgot about the stream. Thanks.
oldmanclippy

#562 Post by oldmanclippy » 19 May 2023 15:28

Was it Kansas-related?
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
flight50

#563 Post by flight50 » 19 May 2023 16:14

Nope, not at all. He can't say anything about things that have not released. Only Pavel can talk about stuff that has not been released and we most only get that on the Xmas stream and sometimes on map dlc releases. But Nemiro will always stop him from saying too much.
oldmanclippy

#564 Post by oldmanclippy » 19 May 2023 16:16

Well Nemiro I'm pretty sure did accidentally spoil Montana's announcement on Wyoming's release stream :lol: Which wasn't a surprise to anyone at the time but it's always possible that a morsel of info could slip out during these streams
flight50

#565 Post by flight50 » 19 May 2023 16:32

Agreed but they won't go into detail. Details is what most of us want. Like the MAN release the other day, Jarda mentioned its not the only MAN content coming and then Nemiro halted that. Most of the staff that does streams are programmed to not be baited into saying too much. Now I will say that Anton was asked what he'd like to see in SCS games..........a question they always ask. His reply was a good one imho. His reply was "everything I have seen the teams working on".

That means a lot of content is coming. Whether its engine update related or not, SCS has grown for a reason. More people doesn't mean faster content, its means more projects spread out with more people. If we get the engine update for 1.48 or 1.49, Kansas will benefit regardless. What Kansas does with that update is unknown but the biggest thing I hope Kansas brings is complex depots. More specifically..........complex farms. I think its time to have more innovation for agriculture. Its been time but we must have patience and wait. Kansas also needs to bring processing to ATS since Oklahoma doesn't look like it will do it. Missouri is around the corner and we need those underground cold storage facilities. I think they will be a big hit in ATS but we need a lot more happening with the food sector. Having processing in the game adds to cold storage. Having a lot more done for farming in Kansas, Nebraska, Dakotas and Iowa will add to the overall agriculture industry.
TruckingWolfUSA

#566 Post by TruckingWolfUSA » 30 May 2023 01:20

I was bored again, looked through the content browser and saw that there's a new KS prefab for an Aerostructures Factory - likely the Spirit facility in Wichita so that'll be nice to see. I’m hoping that we at least get two or three of them to emphasize how that city is a hub for aircraft production.
Hoping we get an industries blog soon though.
flight50

#567 Post by flight50 » 30 May 2023 02:51

A Kansas industry blog is what I want to see most of all. Oklahoma has not presented a processing prefab. If Kansas doesn't bring one, that would be quite disappointing. Between Oklahoma and Kansas, one of those 2 should should bring one considering the dynamics of Southwestern Kansas, Southeastern Colorado, the Panhandle of Oklahoma and the Panhandle of Texas. The Oklahoma blog looks like it was revised to take out processing. I can't find it now. At first it did mention processing though..........I'm quite sure of it. So if Kansas doesn't bring it, SCS isn't bringing that prefab to ATS even though they added it to ETS2. The same treatment that ETS2 got can be duplicated in ATS for that facility.

The Kansas industries may not be ready to show off just yet though. But once Oklahoma releases, Kansas will be in the spotlight. Especially if we get phase 3 California along side Oklahoma. Kansas would be fully circle then. I'm sure some good blog for Kansas will eventually come but for now, the Kansas blogs are pretty surface type stuff.
oldmanclippy

#568 Post by oldmanclippy » 30 May 2023 13:40

@flight50 It's still there:

https://blog.scssoft.com/2023/02/oklaho ... nts-1.html
First up is Guymon with a population of about 12,000 people, which makes it the biggest small city that is located in the panhandle of Oklahoma. While in general, the city has a rich history and a strong community spirit, most importantly for us, the city's main source of business comes from large livestock farms and meat processing factories. Even though a local food factory may not seem like too much work at first glance, the entire area will provide to be a perfect starting point for your journey across Oklahoma.
flight50

#569 Post by flight50 » 30 May 2023 17:10

@oldmanclippy Ahhhhh, thank you Sir. I was looking in the wrong blog post. I was thinking it was the Oklahoma Agricultural blog. Yessss, that's it. I don't see Oklahoma bringing it considering we've had 2 industry blogs to date. Hopefully its the same thing like Colorado then. Colorado hinted at livestock and we thought the livestock trailer was coming. Neither really happened until Wyoming.

So if ATS is to get processing factories, Kansas is the state to do it because there are a lot of processing factories coming up in the next 5 years worth of maps. Southwester Kansas just has too much influence for such a miss. I'm going to put some faith in the team hoping if finally comes. So the Kansas industry blog will need to keep pace with Montana, Texas and Oklahoma. The MidWest has quite a few processing factory so Kansas bringing it would be great. We need beef, pork and poultry at the least to help with cargo to auctions a farms. Lamb too would be great to get wool as a by product. Beef is good to get leather as a by product. Chicken is good to get eggs as a by product. Meat in general brings cold storage possibilities to boost reefers along with many many other food products that use cold storage. Kansas definitely has to bring some appeal though. Not everyone that casual play will be sold on Kansas just with roads alone. There's not a lot of umph in Kansas so it needs a boost to make it attractive.
SCS_Annie
SCS Software

#570 Post by SCS_Annie » 01 Jun 2023 08:54

A J K 91 wrote: 26 Apr 2023 02:36 We saw 4 new companies in the last Kansas blog and in the last Oklahoma blog. And out of all 4, I liked the trailer skins. Since Texas, the trailers look better and more realistic. Now Eddy's, Tidbit, and Farmers Barn should also get trailer skins.

You can tell SCS is taking cues from the community, and I think that's great. As a European, I have already learned a lot about the USA here in the forum. People who are from the US and have some knowledge (like flight50) help with the positive development of the game.
Thank you, very happy to hear it. :D
But I would not have been able to design them without the references that had been provided on this forum!
2D artist (Concept art & branding) for American Truck Simulator.
Working at SCS Software since 2020.

Instagram

Return to “General discussion about the game”