Kansas Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Kansas Discussion Thread

#401 Post by flight50 » 13 Feb 2023 16:31

They can always add a road or 2 during development but the bulk of that infrastructure was determined before full production even started. I'm totally looking forward the the Kansas economy blog though. We got the Oklahoma industry blog and I'm pretty satisfied with it. There's some things things Oklahoma is bringing. Now what about Kansas? Surely it can't drop the ball and go pre Montana days. Since Montana, SCS has shown that they will put more effort to ICCs. This should have always been the focus but that pretty much dropped off in 2019-2021. We really didn't get a lot added to the game for ICC's.

Between Washington, Utah, Colorado and Wyoming, I feel like a lot more should have come to ATS for ICCs. Montana, the tides shifted so I hope the foot stays on the gas. If we can get matching gameplay coming soon along with continued focus on ICCs, that is great moving forward. These Great Plains states will be critical for keeping interest. They might be simple compared to previous dlc's but there's still a lot SCS can introduced. Put more emphasis on the retail side of things. There's a lot of cargo that we can deliver on that side of things. Sooo many stores and distribution centers missing in the game per city that we have. Parcel Service, Processing/Packaging facilities.....hospitality. Certain features that could come can tie into a lot of ICCs. LTL has to be the most popular request that can bring energy. The great plains is loaded with small towns. These towns we can drive thru on a larger scale compared to huge cities. LTL would be great for small cities/towns.

I'd like to see corn, wheat, sorghum and soybeans make ATS between Kansas and Nebraska. Kansas is perfect for corn and wheat as the minimum. We really aren't getting enough agriculture per dlc' like we could. There are plenty of options. It would be nice if Kansas is the first state to host multiple crop farms per city. Right now we only get one farm company that does crops per marked city. When can we get 2-3 different farms that does 2-3 different crops per city. I'm ready to see complex prefabs. Complex as in one farm producing multi crops. Farms that we can clearly see has multiple fields of multiple crops. Is Kansas developing this technology? This is what I'd like to see for the Great Plains.
John007

#402 Post by John007 » 14 Feb 2023 09:44

flight50 wrote: 13 Feb 2023 13:13 You posted these same 3 things in the Kansas research thread already. They only need to be in the research thread. This far in, I am willing to bet they have decided on cities and roads. Economy could still be a toss up though.
Yes, I have already published these posts in another topic too) These are just my cosmetic graphic wishes for the state of Kansas. These are objects-sights of Kansas, which are very necessary on the map of Kansas in the game. And then there was a remark saying Kansas is a boring monotonous state. This is not so because there are many interesting sights in Kansas that can be added to the game. I have indicated these sights in the post.
TruckingWolfUSA

#403 Post by TruckingWolfUSA » 14 Mar 2023 15:39

Through looking at the editor in the open beta, I found a new Wichita airport prefab so that's likely the airport for KS.
Euro Truck Fan

#404 Post by Euro Truck Fan » 14 Mar 2023 16:08

@AbsoTheFox can you please show me image of Wichita airport prefab?

Just want to take a look.
I like to play ETS2 and ATS!
TruckingWolfUSA

#405 Post by TruckingWolfUSA » 14 Mar 2023 16:57

Euro Truck Fan wrote: 14 Mar 2023 16:08 @AbsoTheFox can you please show me image of Wichita airport prefab?

Just want to take a look.
It's obviously not placed yet, do you want an image of it in the content browser?
[ external image ]

Also spotted a new changable billboard while poking around in what looks to be an early form of Lawton, OK.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Euro Truck Fan

#406 Post by Euro Truck Fan » 14 Mar 2023 17:03

@AbsoTheFox Thank you very much, I really wanted an image of prefab in content browser!
I like to play ETS2 and ATS!
Bedavd

#407 Post by Bedavd » 14 Mar 2023 17:47

Spoilers for what is visible in KS:

I-70 extends east, past the Kanorado weigh station and exit 1, and looks like it comes right up to Kansas Welcome Center
It doesn't look like US 40 extends from Cheyenne Wells at this point
It doesn't look like CO 96 extends east from Sheridan Lake at this poinr
US 50 extends from Granada in a VERY rough state. Just a road that doesn't even connect correctly and some placeholder terrain.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Shiva

#408 Post by Shiva » 14 Mar 2023 18:23

So far, sadly no US-160 extension in Colorado. Can't see if Springfield truck stop is modeled or not https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sprin ... 11b75p00j9 .
I-70 looks quite nice, right Bedavd.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#409 Post by flight50 » 24 Mar 2023 19:28

January 27th was the first and last official blog for Kansas. I think we are about due for something on Kansas. I kinda thought today would have been great for one with a California and WB blog this week. Maybe next week? Maybe even a Oklahoma and a Kansas blog?
clifflandmark

#410 Post by clifflandmark » 27 Mar 2023 17:32

this one is definitely southwest parody. I wonder if it's only an advertiesement or El Paso Airlines' 737(nose looks like a320's) show up in airports...

Return to “General discussion about the game”