Mack Anthem daycab, Western Star 49x: Dark tinted rear Windows (repaired)

AlexP910501

Mack Anthem daycab, Western Star 49x: Dark tinted rear Windows (repaired)

#1 Post by AlexP910501 » 24 Nov 2020 14:25

An attraction of the trucks in ATS is the rear windows in the short cabs or daycab, it does not matter if you use them to attach / deattach a trailer or not, any player will always be curious to see the trailer, the trailer cables moving , the landscape or the road through these windows (see 389 image).

This feature brought a new challenge for SCS, to put the cables and their support bar and the missing chassis (that I hope they can solve at some point) in the interior view of the trucks, but this is not the topic that I want to debate in this post.

As many of you may have noticed, the last two trucks in ATS (Mack anthem daycab and Western Star 49x) have the rear windows tinted black on its underside (see Anthem and 49x image).

Maybe SCS did it to avoid placing the trailer cables in the interior view or to save the implications of these with the headached racks, that I don't know, but I think it is important to have the option of the fully transparent windows on all trucks because, factory daycab trucks have fully transparent rear windows.

I do not know if this trick will make it a trend, but now that the Freighliner Cascadia is coming, I hope that daycab configuration comes with fully transparent rear windows and that in the near future SCS will correct this on the Mack Anthem daycab and Western Star 49x to have these windows like the other trucks in ATS. What do you think?
Attachments
389 parking a trailer with help of rear window
389 parking a trailer with help of rear window
Mack Anthem day cab  with rear window tinted black on its underside
Mack Anthem day cab with rear window tinted black on its underside
Western Star rear windows tinted black on its underside
Western Star rear windows tinted black on its underside
Last edited by AlexP910501 on 14 Aug 2022 23:19, edited 2 times in total.
Bedavd

Re: Mack Anthem daycab, Western Star 49x: Dark tinted rear Windows

#2 Post by Bedavd » 24 Nov 2020 14:28

From my understanding, this is smoke and mirrors to hide the fact that the chassis of the truck isn't there when you're in the interior view.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
AlexP910501

#3 Post by AlexP910501 » 24 Nov 2020 14:43

Bedavd wrote: 24 Nov 2020 14:28 From my understanding, this is smoke and mirrors to hide the fact that the chassis of the truck isn't there when you're in the interior view.
Yes, I understand this trick, but the other trucks in ATS do not have the rear windows tinted/smoked and it does not bother me not to see the chassis. My point is, factory daycab trucks have fully transparent rear windows and you should see that in the game too.
55sixxx

#4 Post by 55sixxx » 24 Nov 2020 14:58

Even though i think is no big deal that the chassis does not appear through the rear window, i don't think they'll remove this tinted effect. Back when i first started to play ATS i used only the 389 Daycab and the missing chassis did not bothered me at all, plus, it had way better visibility.
AlexP910501

#5 Post by AlexP910501 » 14 Aug 2022 23:11

Thank God and Pavel for hearing my prayers, thank you for removing the rear tinted windows from all daycab trucks :D
Attachments
Mack Anthem rear window clear
Mack Anthem rear window clear
Western Star rear window clear
Western Star rear window clear

Return to “General discussion about the game”