SCS General Discussion Thread

Seerman

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#17841 Post by Seerman » 01 Jul 2022 05:54

I will tell you my story of acquaintance with SCS games.
This happened to everything recently in 2020, with the start of the pandemic. I am a lover of travel, traveled to countries. And so the damned covid put everyone in their homes. And I accidentally found out about the ATS. And since then, these games have become a substitute for travel for me.
And now it seems that covid has gone into decline, but my country has caused global chaos, and it has become problematic to fly around the countries again. Therefore, I continue to travel, simultaneously transporting cargos in the virtual world.
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#17842 Post by Optional Features » 01 Jul 2022 06:08

Seerman wrote: 01 Jul 2022 05:54 I will tell you my story of acquaintance with SCS games.
This happened to everything recently in 2020, with the start of the pandemic. I am a lover of travel, traveled to countries. And so the damned covid put everyone in their homes. And I accidentally found out about the ATS. And since then, these games have become a substitute for travel for me.
And now it seems that covid has gone into decline, but my country has caused global chaos, and it has become problematic to fly around the countries again. Therefore, I continue to travel, simultaneously transporting cargos in the virtual world.
As do I, and I have no immediate plans of stopping. The map is pretty much unmatched in the gaming world. No other dev has a map this large for on the ground driving with this much detail.

And that is enjoyable, and will always be. But if they added a few of these old features plus some new ones, it would be even better yet. It could be one of the best games around. I think more features would drown out things like bad sounds or graphics issues: we'd be too focused on gameplay to notice.
Trucker Nik

#17843 Post by Trucker Nik » 01 Jul 2022 08:32

You can see this interesting text in Vienna on the bridge on the A23, I think no one mentioned it because no one discovered it MandelSoft would like to tell you that he put in a loot of effort to make these navigation signs look authentically bad it is located on the board, behind the barriers x
Edoo_Kaplan

#17844 Post by Edoo_Kaplan » 01 Jul 2022 10:55

There will probably be a new blog on the weekend about some glacier, maybe a glacier national park in Montana
MarkON

#17845 Post by MarkON » 01 Jul 2022 10:55

https://twitter.com/SCSsoftware/status/ ... 2316535816 Montana - Glacier National Park blog today 🤔
Seerman

#17846 Post by Seerman » 01 Jul 2022 11:33

Will the bighorn goat cross the road?

This leaves us with 11 posts on the microsite before the release of the DLC.
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#17847 Post by Trucker Nik » 01 Jul 2022 13:53

Will we ever get dropdeck trailers in ETS2? Game variant, and later branded Krone Mega Liner Plus
VirtualTruckTravels

#17848 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 01 Jul 2022 14:25

@Reis_6 @55sixxx i agree with your posts, WOTr should be moved further along, but i think what happen was when SCS became more mainstream.

I remember it happen around late 2018 mid 2019, when they began streaming and strategiclly use social medias to gain marketing spread.
The whole way of SCS changed from smaller developer who really tried their best to give a good simulation of truck drving and implementing stuff that mattered from a truck perspective over to the other side we have now where EVERYTHING is about social media shares and streams and selling map DLC, even the WOTr events are reduced to marketing gimmick (Crusing X country/state, Thrustmaster T248 campaign), they has just gotten comfortable and is pulling millions in revenue at the same time, its human nature to take the easy path.

I really hope for deeper gameplay mechanics, improved deeper WOTr, but i dont think it will happen until SCS see declining numbers of sales and income. (why change what is not broken)
Seerman

#17849 Post by Seerman » 01 Jul 2022 14:32

As in any kind of business, until a real serious competitor appears, no one will itch.

#17850 Post by oldmanclippy » 01 Jul 2022 14:45

seriousmods wrote: 01 Jul 2022 06:08 As do I, and I have no immediate plans of stopping. The map is pretty much unmatched in the gaming world. No other dev has a map this large for on the ground driving with this much detail.

And that is enjoyable, and will always be. But if they added a few of these old features plus some new ones, it would be even better yet. It could be one of the best games around. I think more features would drown out things like bad sounds or graphics issues: we'd be too focused on gameplay to notice.
Yep it's the potential that these games have to be even better than they already are that sparks so much passion in people. Tons of attention to detail and passion goes into most aspects of the map and truck design, so since SCS has shown that they have the talent, passion, and drive to do that, it makes the parts that seem like there is less talent, passion, or drive behind them stand out in comparison. The map and truck quality elevates the gameplay, but the gameplay quality should also elevate the map and trucks. It's an extremely solid foundation that is missing some aspects of authenticity and realism. We really need to see some sort of game changer come with Texas. Whether that's wind, rush hour, LTL, or any of the other game-changer ideas people have, or something we haven't even thought of. Something to push the experience to the next level. I know SCS can do it if they put the resources on it, the question is have they been working on it.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”