SCS General Discussion Thread

MRX911

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#23661 Post by MRX911 » 08 Dec 2022 23:09

Best is to simply ignore some people, even putting them in your foe list most likely isn't the best solution as for some it comes off as a weird kind of victory.

Lack of attention is, in my opinion a more powerful tool than a positive or negative sign of attention such as love and hate.

2022 has been a test of patience for ETS2 players with the delay of HoR or other things appearing to take more time than people expect but I think the game is doing just fine considering the current events. As for West Balkans, blogs will be posted when relevant progress has been made and SCS is probably saving some nice teasers related to it on the Christmas stream that will feature Pavel.
Stick to the route. Stop for nothing. Make the drop.
oldmanclippy

#23662 Post by oldmanclippy » 08 Dec 2022 23:09

It's so breathtakingly ridiculous. ETS2 has ~5 times as many players as ATS but somehow the main money potential is with ATS? They would have to milk ATS 5 times harder per year for them to be equivalent sources of income. At 2 $12 ATS DLCs in a year compared to 1 $17 ETS2 DLC, ATS only gets milked 30% more. Not 400% like it would need to in order to be the main money source. Now that ATS has a team of equivalent size to ETS2, it is perhaps more accurate now than at any point since maybe Oregon to say that ETS2 is subsidizing ATS. Or at least it will be once West Balkans comes out.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Optional Features

#23663 Post by Optional Features » 08 Dec 2022 23:30

ETS2 is a nearly complete game in many ways. Reworks and updates are needed, but they have most of Europe mapped, many of the common trucks included, and most types of trailers it seems.

ATS clearly needs the attention as it has quite a ways to go to match.
AI_Compre

#23664 Post by AI_Compre » 09 Dec 2022 02:49

Will SCS introduce a Live Streaming Mode host mode similar to Apex Legends in ETS2 / ATS MP?
SCS 会在 ETS2 / ATS MP 中,推出类似 Apex 的 Live Mode 主播模式吗?

This mode allows players to set the MP list to filter content and only show filtered and allowed content
该模式允许玩家设置 MP 列表过滤内容,仅展示过滤后及允许内容

Use non-dangerous character substitution for player names, truck trailer substitution for any appearance, etc.
对玩家名称使用无危险字符替代、卡车拖车任意外观替代等

I hope this is on the agenda soon, no one wants to see these insults in the MP list.
希望尽快对此项计划提上日程,没人愿意在 MP 列表中见到这些侮辱内容

-----------------------------

Maybe SteamCMD third-party hosting servers have emerged and there are a lot of scam rooms in local server listings
或许 SteamCMD 第三方架设服务器出现,本地服务器列表出现了很多诈骗房间

For example: offer private payment, free download SCS All Games full DLCs full content crack
例如:提供私下付款,免费下载 SCS 全部 Games 全 DLCs 全内容破解

There are also room names with abbreviations / meanings that are strongly insulting to our local community / trampling on national rights
还有些房间名称,具有对我们本地有强烈侮辱 / 践踏国权的缩写 / 含义

For example, just as Germany does not allow certain Hitler abbreviations, these also appear in our local MP listings
例如:就像德国不允许某些希特勒缩写内容一样,这些也出现在我们的本地 MP 列表中

There are even some victims who claim that they have been victimized or strongly insulted by the scam rooms
甚至还有些受害者声称,受到了诈骗房间侵害,或强烈侮辱
Seerman

#23665 Post by Seerman » 09 Dec 2022 09:01

seriousmods wrote: 08 Dec 2022 23:30 ETS2 is a nearly complete game in many ways. Reworks and updates are needed, but they have most of Europe mapped, many of the common trucks included, and most types of trailers it seems.
Don't forget Ireland!
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#23666 Post by JaDaKa » 09 Dec 2022 09:29

That's not a dig at anyone just how I see it.

I don't feel like ETS2 is ahead of ATS. If anything it feels like ETS has been left behind.
I am quite neutral, don't have any favourite brands or done trucking myself so I equally enjoy both games. However ATS has now a sizeable map which is of higher quality than ETS and more trucks who are made to a an acceptable level by today's standards.
I find more joy driving in ATS as everything looks better and don't have to worry about "oh I have to drive through that old part of the map" or feeling a bit fed up by the truck choices available.

However I feel there is no weight put to one game over the other. More like they are two independent entities and both developing at the same pace.
Always keep in mind that some delays in trucks production for ETS might not be down to SCS.
Maybe American brands are easier to work with too, in terms of getting in contact with the staff there.
Last edited by JaDaKa on 09 Dec 2022 13:00, edited 1 time in total.
harishw8r

#23667 Post by harishw8r » 09 Dec 2022 11:37

Well they have clearly established that both games have equal number of mappers, which also means both have equal number of 3d artists. Only difference is the vehicle team which is common, and more resources are gonna be allocated to ATS anyway (remember, this is to make the truck count even). People say ATS gets more attention just because they decided not to release one DLC. If people get frustrated about one expansion not being released, remember the people who worked on it for months just to store it on the shelf, and now indirectly (or directly) pressured to release the next DLC ASAP due to that.
flight50

#23668 Post by flight50 » 09 Dec 2022 13:48

@JaDaKa I can agree that ATS does have the advantage of being younger. More of its maps are better quality and since it took forever to get trucks, since 2018 ATS has the advantage there. The other thing about ATS is just the lands they are mapping. Its a big more diverse but that is what it is. Nothing can be done about that from SCS. They must map what they see. But that is where is stops. ETS2 has the player base. Its the bread and butter and when people say crazy stuff like SCS doesn't care about ETS2 or ATS gets all the attention, that childish. It happens everytime new comes for ATS in waves. It gets old and it only seems to come from people that only play ETS2. Get both games and you always get content......problem solved. ETS2 has the mod support, more non mapping dlc's and the network for inter continential relationships that plays in their favor. Now another advantage ATS can have is Oscar now in charge of licensing relations. He is a native English speaker. So now SCS has someone that can negotiate in North America fluidly as most of North America is English speaking. If SCS gets to Mexico, things get harder if they want certain things in the game. Canada has some French parts but it too is mostly English.

I can agree that both games are developed fairly equally though. Dlc's is a different ball game. They are different titles, yet under the same roof so developing at the same pace makes things easier. What one game gets development wise, they other gets to follow. People are hung up on HoR and not factoring in that is pretty much done. But because of the situation, yes it seems that ATS is ahead. ATS has pretty much released 2 maps a year since 2019 (outside of 2021 because of Texas). Outside of Texas even the 2 ATS maps released, is still smaller than (1) ETS2 map.

Although both games have equal mappers now, ETS2 might still feel behind because more focus probably needs to go on rebuilding maps to bring them up to current standards. ATS has the advantage here because less of its base map needs upgrading compared to ETS2. ETS2 also has older map dlcs that lag behind that need attention. Considering SCS was locked out of the US until their old contract expired, ATS got a younger birth than ETS2. Can't really blame SCS for that one but at least they are trying to make things right.
JaDaKa

#23669 Post by JaDaKa » 09 Dec 2022 13:51

100% agree @flight50'

By the way, what's that about "SCS being locked out of the US till the old contract expired"?
Joan93

#23670 Post by Joan93 » 09 Dec 2022 13:54

I agree that, for ETS2 players, 2022 has been a frustrating year (leaving HoR aside, which it's release wouldn't have changed my opinion).

We thought that with the 10th Anniversary milestone we could have a nice surprise (nothing strange to think about, right?) but we've had only a paintjob. On the other hand, ATS has received a lot of content. In fact, i don't remember a year where ETS2 received the same amount of content like ATS has received this one, precisely the year of ETS2s 10th Anniversary, looks like a joke :D .

And this is what make me think that it's impossible that both games are developing at the same speed and with equal teams. I think SCS is giving a huge boost to ATS, probably to equal the map size, number of trucks available... i don't know. But i can't understand the decision, considering they are focusing on a small part of the players and leaving aside the big player base that they have. Because if we look outside the bubble that is this forum, the difference is remarkable:

[ external image ]

I would say that big part of the active users of this forum play both games, meaning that the feeling here is "i'm always served, thanks SCS". But the reality of SCS players is far from that, and seems that this is not wanted to be seen here.

I don't understand the direction or policy of SCS. ETS2 has plenty of bugs reported but a lot of them don't have even an answer, like if SCS don't care about them. The AI is an absolutely joke: brake testing in the middle of the road, crashing into you, giving way when they don't have to... And then we have all the paintjobs that no one is asking for and almost no one will use ever, like Street Art.

Are we sure the resources they have are invested in what really matters? I mean, what are their priorities? Will it become Paintjob Simulator and the AI will go in reverse on the road?

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”