SCS General Discussion Thread

plykkegaard

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#12751 Post by plykkegaard » 19 Jan 2022 13:50

European borders has been quite unstable for a very long time
You can only create what is present today not what is tomorrow or next year

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Lombra

#12752 Post by Lombra » 19 Jan 2022 14:55

pigbrother wrote: 19 Jan 2022 12:10 Yeah, save for the fact is a bloody warzone right now thanks to Gas Daddy… Are we going to get military checkpoint and random shelling? You can start building that area as it was before this mess, but it will look the same when your DLC will be published or it will be already outdated.
Does it matter whether it's "outdated", though? Personally I hope SCS is not making any particular effort to keep the world up to date, unless there are any practical reasons to do so. It is simply not necessary.
Underscore_101_

#12753 Post by Underscore_101_ » 19 Jan 2022 15:35

Don't care at all for political issues, it's a game, just represent Europe the way it is "today".

The other day I was looking at a map that @festmache has linked in his signature, and from that map I feel like Belarus and Ukraine should be the next countries added to the game.

As much as I want the countries below Hungary and Austria all way into Greece including it's islands added, the above 2 seem to make more sense to do first after HoR, and preferably with the same density as Iberia.
This aside from doing a proper makeover of the base map, with a higher density.

nb. with higher density I mean more cities and towns.
AlexxxF1

#12754 Post by AlexxxF1 » 19 Jan 2022 15:56

how a way out of the situation. SCS can not touch very small (especially in scale 1:20 ) pieces of disputed territories. just leaving them unfinished. while there are disputes.
like for example in Iberia we don't have a little Andorra and a road through it :D .

but this absence can fill a Map mod. like the same Promods.
so with a disputed piece of territory, Promods can complete these roads and the city.
I think the Map mods are not connected with anything and are not required and are set at will.

in Roextended map mod, if I'm not mistaken, for several years now there is all of Ukraine and Crimea. although everything there is not realistic and is built on the basis of Romania and Ukraine there looks like Romania :lol: .
it does not cause any disputes and discussions among anyone. and everyone who wants to play and ride there. throughout the all city and roads, crossing all borders.

my main idea is that the most controversial bits, if there is really a problem to put into the game, then these very small areas on the map can be left untouched and completed without problems by the creators of the Map mods. these mods are optional. so it does not cause controversy and will not cause. who does not want, will not install them. (Andorra) -and I know her absence is not caused by controversy :D ) who wants to go there, installs Promods 2.60. who does not want, does not install and does not go there :lol: )

but we will at least have a choice for those who are simply interested in roads and cities. they don't care about politics. they just want to transport goods. everywhere. as it happens in real life. after all, a disputed territory or not, people still live there and large trucks bring goods to shops and factories every day.

all borders. they are constantly changing. and those who will play ETS2 after 100 years may not recognize those countries and their borders that they will have and what we had)) https://youtu.be/gzXoc8y2G0k?t=4
Last edited by AlexxxF1 on 19 Jan 2022 18:35, edited 2 times in total.
FrancescoMasci

#12755 Post by FrancescoMasci » 19 Jan 2022 16:37

There's a tons of countries SCS can visit before Ukraine and contended territories (Greece, Ireland, Northern Scandinavia), so I think it's gonna be a long time before they go trough that tough road.
Vinnie Terranova

#12756 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 19 Jan 2022 16:52

Actually I hope not. Because without Ukraine and Belarus we have a very weird shaped map...
Graf_Boinenn

#12757 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 19 Jan 2022 16:55

I would like SCS to go to Ireland on next map expansion, but I think some revamp of the UK needs to be done first.
The same goes for North Scandinavia (Scandinavia DLC needs some revamp/love...).
pigbrother

#12758 Post by pigbrother » 19 Jan 2022 16:58

With no Street View coverage, I’m afraid Belarus will be a problem for some time.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Some newbie driver

#12759 Post by Some newbie driver » 19 Jan 2022 17:11

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 19 Jan 2022 16:52 Actually I hope not. Because without Ukraine and Belarus we have a very weird shaped map...
Nothing new, and nothing really relevant. People give too much importance to the shape of the map. If SCS announces a DLC on Africa for next year, against everything we believe, the shape of the map would still be irrelevant.

If somebody feels really annoying to do long detours in the game that shouldn't be done IRL, then the solution is easy: nobody forces him to take jobs with those routes. When that people would be around Scandinavia or Baltic countries they will be able to take a route to HoR zones without having to suffer. If somebody has some kind of strange shape-phobia when looking the map; then I'm sure some map mod will exist somewhere to alleviate his pain.

For the rest of the players, a route is just a route, straight or with more detour is irrelevant regarding the fact we will be doing what we want: to spent our free time driving. We discard every time we play lots of job offers by lots of different reasons. Take it or leave it due the detour to arrive to some place is another more reason with no more relevance that any other reason each one of us could consider.

Regards

PS: @pigbrother, although less easy and convenient than Street view, there exist lot of other alternatives. Yandex offers lot of "balloon" panoramas of Belarus (in some cases, way more usefull for SCS needs than Google services. Germany doesn't have Street View and they had done a more than good rework on it. And Belarus isn't as far away from Praha; so SCS could make a work trip there to gather their own intel. They did it for the States and that was really really more far away in several meanings of the word. If there's a problem now is COVID restrictions, and for some of those countries, plain and simple that are "too hot" places for employees to be willing to go there on a job trip; if even possible. For sure those are bigger nuisances for SCS than the lack of Street View.
AlexxxF1

#12760 Post by AlexxxF1 » 19 Jan 2022 17:33

In any case, I don't see a problem. SCS can add all territories, cities and roads. we have jut a game.
for example many years we have game series

Europa Universalis 4 (in the top 50 most played games on Steam today). https://youtu.be/YcBc1nl2k0k?t=1
or
Hearts of Iron 4 (in the top 30 most played games on Steam today). https://youtu.be/n1WEh-0r98U?t=241

in which you can even play online with and against each other with many other people.
where too there are all real countries and all borders. and it doesn't cause any problems.
Last edited by AlexxxF1 on 19 Jan 2022 18:19, edited 5 times in total.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”