SCS General Discussion Thread

JaDaKa

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#29961 Post by JaDaKa » 03 Jun 2023 15:15

Alps * chef's kiss*. Beautiful.

And like the fact we are going to see some more tighter and a bit challenging roads. I would like that even more, some alternative routes that are tougher to drive on.
SmalandAB

#29962 Post by SmalandAB » 03 Jun 2023 15:23

Are we going to flip tables today? :D
[ external image ]
Workshop: ATS | ETS2
My Companies: Småland Transport AB - HQ: Tallinn [ external image ] / Tallinn Express - HQ: Dallas [ external image ]
Bandit & The Snowman

#29963 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 03 Jun 2023 15:31

Spreadsheet tables maybe.
Ludo Diabolo

#29964 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 03 Jun 2023 16:13

the blog and dated 2 June 2023, whereas it was published today ;) .
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
ASDF

#29965 Post by ASDF » 03 Jun 2023 18:14

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=199211216382640
American Truck Simulator needs to update such low bed trailers in the future
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
wato

#29966 Post by wato » 03 Jun 2023 18:24

https://blog.scssoft.com/2023/06/switzerland-rework-alpine-roads.html wrote: [...] potentially bad weather conditions will put your driving prowess to the test.
Another reference to a potential new weather presentation after the fog in the Heavy Haul Level Up-teaser?
flight50

#29967 Post by flight50 » 03 Jun 2023 18:56

SuchManor wrote: 03 Jun 2023 13:33
flight50 wrote: 03 Jun 2023 04:24 Actually flatbeds have more depots than fuel and dumpers. Everywhere the current flatbeds go, a rigid on can go. The only one that wouldn't have a lot is the moving setup. But flatbed rigid is not much different than double 28' foot flatbeds.
You wouldnt see a rigid backed into a door at a Home Store or delivering steel to an Avalanche Steel/ Steeler or delivering goods to a Plaster and Sons store. SCS would have to pick the delivery points very carefully and do a lot of research, or else we will get a fuel tanker backed into a dock situation again.

One use I can see for flatbed rigids currently is from Home Store, Avalanche Steel/ Steeler, or Plaster and Sons to a building site. Maybe Farmers Barn to a farm. There aren't delivery points for individual houses to be able to deliver goods from places like Waldens Landscape.

If Rigids were to come, they need to come with an update adding alot more delivery points. The delivery doesnt even need to be a specific company.
I agree on loading location but I never stated that flatbed rigid would dock like the current flatbeds. I just stated everywhere the flatbeds go.........as in depots, not to dock the same way. I know all to well about Home Depot though. I use to unload the building materials truck every Sunday on the side of the store in the parking lot. Rigids/flatbeds, step decks would unload in a parking lot that can be on the same prefab where there is a dock. So yes they can delivery to Home Depot if SCS changed up how they choose pickup and deliver. I pretty much said what you said in my reply to Vinnie Terranova that you probably missed or just didn't bother to read if I wasn't to you directly. No worries though. I miss stuff too.
flight50 wrote: 03 Jun 2023 11:03 People wanting this level will never be content with SCS. Expectations will never be met if thats the case. An overhaul of cargo can be done without needing to go to the extents you described though. Multi drop is about the deepest we could go. That alone requires a massive overhaul. We really just need realistic loading zones based on trailer and the cargo it hauls. Not the opportunity to manually load and unload. That's reaching right there.
flight50

#29968 Post by flight50 » 03 Jun 2023 19:05

ASDF wrote: 03 Jun 2023 18:14 https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=199211216382640
American Truck Simulator needs to update such low bed trailers in the future
Update for what though? That's a totally different trailer setup. That would be an additional HH setup that hauls even heavy tonnage than the current HH setup we have. That type is referenced in the ATS Special Transport thread in my signature. I am sure SCS saw it but it has to make sense in the game. That setup requires even wider streets. At 1:1 scale its fine but we play at 1:20.
SuchManor

#29969 Post by SuchManor » 03 Jun 2023 19:19

flight50 wrote: 03 Jun 2023 18:56 I agree on loading location but I never stated that flatbed rigid would dock like the current flatbeds. I just stated everywhere the flatbeds go.........as in depots, not to dock the same way. I know all to well about Home Depot though. I use to unload the building materials truck every Sunday on the side of the store in the parking lot. Rigids/flatbeds, step decks would unload in a parking lot that can be on the same prefab where there is a dock. So yes they can delivery to Home Depot if SCS changed up how they choose pickup and deliver. I pretty much said what you said in my reply to Vinnie Terranova that you probably missed or just didn't bother to read if I wasn't to you directly. No worries though. I miss stuff too.
flight50 wrote: 03 Jun 2023 11:03 People wanting this level will never be content with SCS. Expectations will never be met if thats the case. An overhaul of cargo can be done without needing to go to the extents you described though. Multi drop is about the deepest we could go. That alone requires a massive overhaul. We really just need realistic loading zones based on trailer and the cargo it hauls. Not the opportunity to manually load and unload. That's reaching right there.
Rigids are delivering store products en mass to Home Depot? Never in my life have I seen that. I've only ever seen semis coming from distribution centers, and rigids delivering product from stores to job sites. Must be pretty rare.

And yeah I don't read every comment. I don't have time to sit here all day and read through 10 pages of comments like some people, and nor would I want to lol.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
Optional Features

#29970 Post by Optional Features » 03 Jun 2023 19:29

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 03 Jun 2023 11:19 I know my expectation are too high and we will never get this level of loading/unloading. But I just mentioned it in relation to rigids. If we get rigids like this car hauler, then what can we expect regarding gameplay? Manually loading/unloading is likely not gonna happen in the near or far future. But what else can we hope for? As you said, it might be loading/unloading animations only. But that is not what I would call 'new gameplay'. So I'm hoping that when rigids come, we'll also get some new gameplay mechanics. But at the same time I'm afraid we'll just have some skippable animations, like we got with Special Transport.
Right now, raising a dump bed or opening a tarp is too much to ask, so manual cargo loading is in another league.

All cargo is the same, and it's all handled the same as in not at all.

And we always speak about these things as though they are so peculiar or strange that anyone that wants to see them in the game as an option is also peculiar or strange.

I remember manually hauling something like 40k bushels of grain with a large group of friends a few years ago. For almost every load we had to wait in line at the grain silo to get to the fill point, manually fill, close the tarp, drive several minutes to the elevator, wait in line, open the tarp, unload manually, and head back for more. It was one of the most memorable experiences of any time I've done virtual trucking, and it wasn't even in this game.

And then we did a similar thing a while later, hauling so much grain we almost filled an entire train.

I can guarantee you that there is a non-zero (and likely significant) number of people who would love to specialize in some virtual cargo hauling field (be it tanker or bulk trailer hauling, grain hauling, log hauling, equipment hauling, car hauling, or maybe even vehicle towing), but they can't because there is no option to do so. And they might not even play this game because they can't.

I was talking to a new friend of mine yesterday, and he said "Yeah. I played ETS2 for a bit but just driving and not having true trailer steering sucked. So I started doing heavy haul trailers that work like they should."

He's now building a fully functional wind power pack in a totally different game because the game with windmill producing factories and numerous windmill farms lacks the support for the things he wants to do (one of which is manual trailer steering). I'll have pics of his stuff in Trucking Scenarios once it is made public.
Does Truck World: Australia have manual loading/unloading features?
I believe they'll have load securement and possibly animated ramps, so it is definitely likely.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”