#19061 Post by JaDaKa » 08 Aug 2022 19:58

Thanks a lot friends!
Optional Features

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#19062 Post by Optional Features » 08 Aug 2022 20:21

flight50 wrote: 08 Aug 2022 19:19 @JaDaKa A massive cargo overhaul to me means:
1) multi drop
2) splitting trailers. part of no. 1
3) large amount of cargo needs to be made. For ATS it needs to be 2-3 times what's there. ETS2 cargo is in a bit of a better situation but I'm sure it could be doubled too
4) node system - this allows for thousands of cargo combinations with no. 3 in mind. This also also for a massive SCS cargo pool that both games share instead of each game have too many exclusives.
5) rework cargo so that pickups and drops offs makes since. Need more depots for this. Ex. Milk farm to Wallberts. It should be Milk farm, to packaging/processing, then to Wallberts.
Yeah, for one example of cargo that needs to be added: fish. I wanted to do a run from the Pacific Coast to Montana hauling fish, then maybe find some beef to haul back.

Apparently, there's FishTail foods in Bellingham that ships packaged food, but doesn't appear to be a fish cargo option by default.

There is a massive fishing business on the Pacific Coast, and this would all be def cargo until we get opening doors (then just boxes with names on them). It should be part of the game: hopefully will be soon.
Lombra

#19063 Post by Lombra » 08 Aug 2022 20:45

I would love to see snow implemented somehow, to drive through cozy snowstorms in mountain passes, but seasons is not the solution. At least, not linked to the in game calendar we have today. Snow and ice in any driving game is surely a "controversial" feature. Once winter hits in game, you have quite a few hours of playtime of snow ahead of you. Sure, you might not have snow everywhere, or all the time, and it could even be an option, but that doesn't help me once spring hits if I do like snow.

"Real time" seasonal transitions especially seems like a huge waste of effort for what effectively amounts to a cool visual effect.
Sora

#19064 Post by Sora » 09 Aug 2022 09:14

Another important factor that's easy to overlook is that some roads only exist in one season. Many dangerous mountain passes or ferries are closed off in the winter, and on the other end, there are ice roads that only work in the winter.

Tbh, as nice as a more gradual transition would be, it'd probably be better to just start small, like a summer/winter toggle you can flip at will. Even calling it "December" would mean tossing decorations everywhere if you didn't want people calling it a War on Christmas, lol.
bumbumek

#19065 Post by bumbumek » 09 Aug 2022 11:46

You guys are talking about something special for ETS 2 10th anniversary, and mention seasons, etc. but I think it must be something for ETS2 only. Seasons and other features would go to both games...Pavel Sebor has told it will be something "big", as far as I remember - so perhaps UK totally made from scratch?
Last edited by bumbumek on 09 Aug 2022 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
JaDaKa

#19066 Post by JaDaKa » 09 Aug 2022 12:02

Well we were discussing Seasons as a feature in general, we are confident we are not getting that.
I also think a whole region rework is too much work while the map designing teams have been already quite busy with HoR and Western Balkans.

I would really like to see "Hey #BestCommunityEver it has been 10 years since ETS2 was released and we thought it is time to bring it to today's standards. Here are all the pre-2017 trucks updated".

I also believe going over the older vegetation textures (trees, bushes, grass, crops) and updating them would be an easy solution to make older map areas look significantly better.
xeviax

#19067 Post by xeviax » 09 Aug 2022 12:27

I don't know why some people think seasons especially winter is going to be controversial with physics & all. But I think the gradual transition from summer to autumn to winter to spring is a good idea with two options. The game already has a weekly economy for garages & drivers. So 10 in-game weeks for each season, four seasons will require 40 weeks & rest of the 12 weeks can be distributed as transition periods. & when the profile is connected to WOT account you can choose whether you want the seasons in real-time or not. That means all season-changing settings will be controlled by WOT. Also, winter needs codes for how to handle the increase & decrease of snow on surfaces & some changes in physics(new implementation & tweaks for snow & icy roads). Other seasons will only need visual assets, daylight duration & amount of rains in my opinion.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#19068 Post by Mohegan13 » 09 Aug 2022 13:56

Most likely "big" things from my view would be (in no particular order):

Drivers Academy.
Rigids
New Game (Aussie Truck Sim?)
WoTr Update (hardcore mode)
Potentially Coach DLC (more change of being struck by lightning 3 times in a row)

I don't think they'd consider and reworks to be a "big thing" I would think it would be something new, nor do I think it would be map related unless it's something substantial like basic seasons or dynamic weather patterns.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Seerman

#19069 Post by Seerman » 09 Aug 2022 14:19

Judging by the fact that car washes appeared in the latest updates, I think it will be car washes and simulation of truck pollution.
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#19070 Post by Trucker_71 » 09 Aug 2022 14:24

@Seerman "truck pollution.?" I don't think that's a thing anymore. :lol:

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”