SCS General Discussion Thread

angrybirdseller

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#26341 Post by angrybirdseller » 19 Mar 2023 16:04

8-) Mexico can keep scs busy for while with Mexican states Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila same with Canada. North American style trucking would not go beyond Mexico.
oldmanclippy

#26342 Post by oldmanclippy » 19 Mar 2023 16:41

Mohegan13 wrote: 19 Mar 2023 11:24 I can honestly see them not doing any packs any time soon. They've already shown they are willing to fluctuate prices if necessary. I could actually see them going as far East as Ohio with single states, potentially with more frequent releases.
Honestly West Virginia or South Carolina will probably the first state they will encounter that they just can't sell standalone, if they haven't bundled anything before that point. Every other state until you get to Maryland can fit at least 9 cities.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
JaDaKa

#26343 Post by JaDaKa » 19 Mar 2023 16:58

angrybirdseller wrote: 19 Mar 2023 16:04 8-) Mexico can keep scs busy for while with Mexican states Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila same with Canada. North American style trucking would not go beyond Mexico.
Agree, after the Southern part of Canada, moving South would be the best idea. It would also give the game a totally different feeling with more variety, like it's in ETS2.

Most probably we won't go that far but would love to drive not only in Mexico but even down to Costa Rica and Panama.
angrybirdseller

#26344 Post by angrybirdseller » 19 Mar 2023 18:23

Those places like Pamana and El Salivdor not much long distance trucking, but scenery is even different from Mexico.
flight50

#26345 Post by flight50 » 19 Mar 2023 18:33

Aziz wrote: 19 Mar 2023 15:43 Alaska, sure. After Canada.
Using the same logic as when talking about "Euro" truck simulator. ATS is not just mainland states, right?
ATS means American Truck Simulator which is referring to North America and not the US only. Pavel has mentioned a few times that his ambition is to do North America which is the US, Canada and Mexico. The rest of Latin America could follow as well but they have to get there first. They'd probably name ATS more like US Simulator or something if it was just for mainland US. But notice that ETS2 is referring to the continent Europe and not a specific country like Germany or UK Simulator did. For ATS, North America is the continent, the US is just one country in North America. The difference must be keep in mind. North America as a continent is much larger than the continent of Europe so there's a ton more to map when looking at just the continent.........if they even get there.
Aziz

#26346 Post by Aziz » 19 Mar 2023 18:42

Y.. yeah, I mean yeah.
I was just pointing out that people won't get Alaska until we go through the vast nothingness of northern British Columbia and Yukon. *If* that ever happens. There's no area skipping.
JaDaKa

#26347 Post by JaDaKa » 19 Mar 2023 19:39

Personally I wouldn't be very excited with getting Alaska. Huge distances, it could be a bit monotonous as well with environment/surroundings not being very different.
Wouldn't say no but I would prefer the South. Could be wrong as I am European but I enjoy the variety multiple countries would offer.
Vinnie Terranova

#26348 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 19 Mar 2023 21:08

Alaska is only interesting if we have at least a winter season in the game.
Optional Features

#26349 Post by Optional Features » 19 Mar 2023 21:36

Tristman wrote: 19 Mar 2023 07:36 I think it’s weird to have a job where you haul an excavator or something halfway across the map to a port or rail export, when there are ports or rail export locations much closer to the sender company.
There are several ports that are the place for cargo from a specific company (or division of a company). And therefore, cargo will come in there, and then be hauled all over the place.

Look up Triton Transport for an example. They pick up stuff at the port of Tacoma and haul it to Alberta. Pretty long distance, but that's how stuff is hauled.

I believe Baltimore gets a large percentage of the Europe-built ag equipment for the US.

And there are several ports that do major exports/imports of cars. SCS needs to improve ports in general (and make them far more important to the economy).
flight50

#26350 Post by flight50 » 19 Mar 2023 22:35

Alaska could be good in both Summer and Winter. Physics would probably be 50% of the critical part as the other 50% is Winter seasons. But Alaska makes it mark with Winter for sure vs Summer. For anyone that has seen Ice Road Truckers, Winter is huge for both Alaska and Canada. To be honest, Alaska could possibly be done before Canada. If Alaska is treated like the UK in ETS2, it temporarily still provides a link to transport goods and services. This works if SCS wants to complete all of the US (excluding Hawaii) first before moving on to Canada. Alaska doesn't have a ton of roads nor cities so the mapping would probably be on par with what we get now if enough people are on the dlc. Outside of Anchorage and Fairbanks, the other cities lack complexity and density.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”