SCS General Discussion Thread

JoeAlex23

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#24891 Post by JoeAlex23 » 04 Feb 2023 03:05

They are not, i will pay you to find a tanker going to Wallbert or Sell Goods unless you custom made it and if you find one it's for sure a bug or a mod conflict, the only one that has a bug with that is the grain cargo in the bulk trailer, but the fuel, chemical/acid and food tankers don't have pickup/delivery to Wallbert or SellGoods, same with the gas tanker.

Now, backing up tankers into a dock is a completely different problem.
Optional Features

#24892 Post by Optional Features » 04 Feb 2023 03:54

dkasper00 wrote: 04 Feb 2023 02:53 Or walbert
Yeah lol.

Honestly, I am happy to see ownable trailers expand, and SCS model quality continues to improve. The problem is there is little to no difference between these trailers and a van trailer. It's trailer code with a new shape from all I can tell.

And knowing SCS, we'll probably be able to "damage" a load of gas. What does damaged (name a gas) look like? Did it escape? Did the chemical composition change? Doesn't make sense. Same is true for dump trailers: how does one damage gravel?

It would be nice if some effort was put into making the trailers different. Different handling. Different cargo loading/unloading processes. Different features. Different animated parts (as opposed to none). And the list goes on.
Seerman

#24893 Post by Seerman » 04 Feb 2023 05:48

dkasper00 wrote: 04 Feb 2023 02:53 Or walbert
LOL
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#24894 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 04 Feb 2023 06:22

seriousmods wrote: 04 Feb 2023 00:52 I can't wait to deliver some bulk gas to Sell Goods.
:lol: :lol:
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
VirtualTruckTravels

#24895 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 04 Feb 2023 06:31

dkasper00 wrote: 02 Feb 2023 23:26 What part of what gets released when it's ready don't people understand? :roll:

It was stated on the holiday stream that the 2020 TGX got delayed due a technical issue and they were using this as an opportunity to go above and beyond with it. These tweaks may actually require something bigger than an update to 1.46. Besides it showed that the 5700XE was pretty much ready to go on that stream.
I dont watch any of the SCS streams, because majority of the time it is nothing but word fluff, strecthing nothing into a 2 hour session, if they want to rely info to the communty they have their blog to do that. And what ever technical diffuculities their has been it must be something big and new(? probably not though) since addition of new trucks for Ets2 is in a complete stagnation. We are so far behind on trucks from current generation (soon previous generation) that it is beginning to look weird, and current trucks aviable is not exactly quality content except for 2-3 trucks which gets repetetive to use all the time.
VirtualTruckTravels

#24896 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 04 Feb 2023 06:36

55sixxx wrote: 03 Feb 2023 23:43 Let's see if I can guess 1.47 correctly...

- Gas Tankers (But useless for WoTR deliveries since that thing is pretty much abandoned being held up only by cheap events with cheap rewards)
- New City Intros for more locations
- New Iberia additions, because with each update they seem to love adding new things to it even tho it's full and still completely ignore other DLC's such as the Baltic, Black Sea and so on.
- Some type of bling that adds nothing to the gameplay
- Oh and viewpoints, since these became such a huge and super important part of the game now.

Would love to be proved wrong and stumble upon a really good changelog, like Multi Drops and better AA but if history has taught us anything, I won't.
i dont think your guess i far off, sadly. I would also like to see a juicy update with actual improvements that matter.
JaDaKa

#24897 Post by JaDaKa » 04 Feb 2023 07:18

Do you not think Switzerland rework will be ready for 1.47? We already got a blogpost for 2 out of 3 cities.
Seerman

#24898 Post by Seerman » 04 Feb 2023 07:23

Switzerland and California (I'm just believe it :D )
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#24899 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 04 Feb 2023 08:44

55sixxx wrote: 03 Feb 2023 23:43 Let's see if I can guess 1.47 correctly...

- Gas Tankers (But useless for WoTR deliveries since that thing is pretty much abandoned being held up only by cheap events with cheap rewards)
- New City Intros for more locations
- New Iberia additions, because with each update they seem to love adding new things to it even tho it's full and still completely ignore other DLC's such as the Baltic, Black Sea and so on.
- Some type of bling that adds nothing to the gameplay
- Oh and viewpoints, since these became such a huge and super important part of the game now.

Would love to be proved wrong and stumble upon a really good changelog, like Multi Drops and better AA but if history has taught us anything, I won't.
Yeah, this is exactly what it could be. There is a probability that Switzerland might come in this update, but one thing is for sure, West Balkans is coming after the 1.48 update
Holzauge

#24900 Post by Holzauge » 04 Feb 2023 08:56

Oh yes, California! I haven't read about it for quite a while... Hope everything is fine there...

The new gas tanker are nice to see, but I don't know if I will use them. In ETS2 maybe, in ATS definitely not. By the way: Are tere any news about new trailer brands for ATS? Lode King/Prestige are already making a diffderence for me.

I am looking forward to Switzerland. And Frankfurt/Stuttgart of course (maybe after rworking the cities in Germany they will give some love to the single lane roads there). Overall 1.47 could be a biggy... We'll see...

I am enjoying the 5700XE a lot. Medium chassis (as I use for almost any truck except the Cascadia (XT) and the 57X), nice engine sound, great dashboard, fun to ride with meanwhile 10K miles on the clock. A big thank you to SCS and Western Star for providing this little gem! :D
VDMA

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”