SCS General Discussion Thread

Eugene
Global moderator

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#16331 Post by Eugene » 21 May 2022 10:41

xeviax wrote: 21 May 2022 10:31 @Some newbie driver, this one has nothing to do with my mod. This one is all SCS & it's in the "wagon" folder. Maybe something for you know HOR DLC. :D
That’s a good guess since HoR supposed to have several industries related to trains
HubercikBercik

#16332 Post by HubercikBercik » 21 May 2022 12:12

Every time I hear about HoR, I can't get over the fact that the dlc has been delayed...

But so as not to start another discussion on this topic let's consider what might happen next week. Lode King release or Renault/Range T tuning release? Or maybe both?
55sixxx

#16333 Post by 55sixxx » 21 May 2022 12:19

Possibly none. Just the Western Balkans announcement (Which is not quite as a surprise like Nemiro said because most people already know it's coming).
Midiangel

#16334 Post by Midiangel » 21 May 2022 12:44

I do not know if there has ever been such an offer so that you can select loads for any of the trailers you have, and then take the right trailer.

At the moment, you need to first take your trailer, then look for cargo for it, if there is no cargo for it, then you need to unhook this trailer and take another type of trailer and look for it already. This is very inconvenient.
Beta tester

#16335 Post by Tarso » 21 May 2022 14:09

Usually a driver only have one trailer type so it looks for jobs that fit his trailer, i don't think there are a lot of drivers out there that have many trailers and pick the one that fits the job he will do

Edit: but regarding choosing the job before hitching a trailer, I usually check the freight market and see what cargos are available then usually the same cargos are available at cargo market, that way I kinda always choose the cargo then take the trailer that fits it.
Optional Features

#16336 Post by Optional Features » 21 May 2022 16:48

Tarso wrote: 21 May 2022 14:09 Usually a driver only have one trailer type so it looks for jobs that fit his trailer, i don't think there are a lot of drivers out there that have many trailers and pick the one that fits the job he will do

Edit: but regarding choosing the job before hitching a trailer, I usually check the freight market and see what cargos are available then usually the same cargos are available at cargo market, that way I kinda always choose the cargo then take the trailer that fits it.
It totally depends on the type of trailer. SCS has incredible limitations on everything including what can be hauled.

For example, I cannot haul a 53-foot trailer's worth of cargo in a 28 foot trailer in game. Why? Because the game doesn't support multi loads, which definitely happen irl.

The same is true for this discussion. Maybe not individual drivers, but companies the size of a large SCS garage (especially heavy haul) would have an array of trailers and be looking for cargo based on what they know they can haul.

We can't do this either, though, because we don't have a contract load system. This is another of my ideas which probably has received no attention (understandably), but would allow a player (with the updated cargo system idea) to try to haul anything, possibly fail, and then resort to leasing a proper trailer, hiring another driver to do the work, or getting help from an AI employee to finish a big job.
Vinnie Terranova

#16337 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 21 May 2022 18:43

Midiangel wrote: 21 May 2022 12:44At the moment, you need to first take your trailer, then look for cargo for it, if there is no cargo for it, then you need to unhook this trailer and take another type of trailer and look for it already.
A quick workaround if you cannot find cargo for the trailer you have hooked: you could advance time for, say, 23 hours (console: g_set_time 23). Check if there is now cargo for your trailer. If there still isn't, repeat this process.
F4R35

#16338 Post by F4R35 » 21 May 2022 19:58

Tarso wrote: 21 May 2022 14:09 Usually a driver only have one trailer type so it looks for jobs that fit his trailer, i don't think there are a lot of drivers out there that have many trailers and pick the one that fits the job he will do
Actually,(in-game) we're supposed to be driver and a company owners as well. So there are a lot of small companies owned by individuals with a fleet of like 3 to 10 trucks, and they own lots of trailers, that they assign trucks/drivers and trailers based on the available freights/location, or the amount the load is paying. Literally that's what the company I work for does. One day I'm hauling a flatbed, next day I might be hauling a dump trailer.

Edit: the company I work for owns 13 trucks, from different brands with different chassis configurations, and for the 2 years I worked here, I drove all of them.
And they own 17 trailers, from refrigerated trailer to low beds, the only trailer I haven't taken is a container chassis cause I don't have the port access license.
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"
Tarso
Beta tester

#16339 Post by Tarso » 21 May 2022 20:11

Maybe I'm more oriented towards owner operator strategy in-game

Maybe the game could converge both markets and on job selection ask player if he wants to pick the job with owned or provided trailer, paying % extra bonus for owned trailer jobs
xeviax

#16340 Post by xeviax » 21 May 2022 20:30

+1, I like this idea.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”