SCS General Discussion Thread

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#24711 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 29 Jan 2023 12:26

because some people dont have a life and have to come here and "speculate" to be disappointed and other people come hear to vent frustration about it because they dont get what THEY want
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
55sixxx

#24712 Post by 55sixxx » 29 Jan 2023 12:49

I said it before and I'll say it again, some people live for the updates and the blogs. If one of them is missing, they act like they'll enter comatose and die.

I couldn't care less honestly, I just want to see news about things that matter... Not an immediate update containing said news, just the news, just a stinking blog post showcasing actual progress instead of the same empty words that get said in every stream Pavel features in. But since even the community express against these blogs about feature progress, then I guess it's a lost cause.

So I guess what I want is wrong and sounds like I'm being entitled... No wonder I've been spending less and less time in this annoying place. And like I wrote in the latest blog post, the only way to be a valid community member here and get a smiley face from SCS and their fangirls is to suck them up and be pleased with every move and decision they make.
Marcello Julio

#24713 Post by Marcello Julio » 29 Jan 2023 13:49

55sixxx wrote: 29 Jan 2023 12:01 You guys talk about wanting to see progress being made regarding new gameplay features, engine updates, graphical improvements and etc, but when someone suggests or even express that they want to see meaningful things on the blog instead of the same old junk we read every other day for every other map DLC.. You guys say: "Nah, it's fine, whatever it is, it's probably still being worked on and will come in the nearest update" and you keep saying (Lying actually) to yourselves the same thing over and over, with every game version that comes along.
But that's what I wrote above. They might even show what they're working on in new gameplay features, even if it's in alpha stage, but the community in general is very impatient and will start everywhere SCS operates (social media and the blog) about when it will release . I've known this community for 10 years and I know very well how things are in relation to what SCS shows and how the public reacts.
JaDaKa

#24714 Post by JaDaKa » 29 Jan 2023 14:23

What good would blog news do for new features being months or even years away from completion?

Apparently they are not as close as the next map DLC. We are aware of what SCS is working on, Pavel has referred to them in the streams, we can't do anything more than wait till they are closer to release.
JaDaKa

#24715 Post by JaDaKa » 29 Jan 2023 14:30

Bit random, is there a non-hacking way of retrieving the image of an ingame driver?
I want to use him as my profile image.
Vinnie Terranova

#24716 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 29 Jan 2023 14:40

@JaDaKa You could try it this way:
- Goto the menu where you can hire drivers
- When you see the profile image of the ingame driver you want, press F10 to take a screenshot. If that doesn't work, you could try taking a screenshot by pressing <PRINT SCRN> or <ALT>+<PRINT SCRN>
- You then can edit/crop this screenshot to your likings using Photoshop or something like that and upload this image to your profile.
JaDaKa

#24717 Post by JaDaKa » 29 Jan 2023 14:47

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 29 Jan 2023 14:40 @JaDaKa You could try it this way:
- Goto the menu where you can hire drivers
- When you see the profile image of the ingame driver you want, press F10 to take a screenshot. If that doesn't work, you could try taking a screenshot by pressing <PRINT SCRN> or <ALT>+<PRINT SCRN>
- You then can edit/crop this screenshot to your likings using Photoshop or something like that and upload this image to your profile.
:D Thanks, quite obvious but didn't think about it!
Shiva

#24718 Post by Shiva » 29 Jan 2023 18:33

55sixxx wrote: 29 Jan 2023 12:01 You guys talk about wanting to see progress being made regarding new gameplay features, engine updates, graphical improvements and etc, but when someone suggests or even express that they want to see meaningful things on the blog instead of the same old junk we read every other day for every other map DLC.. You guys say: "Nah, it's fine, whatever it is, it's probably still being worked on and will come in the nearest update" and you keep saying (Lying actually) to yourselves the same thing over and over, with every game version that comes along.
Let's see
Multi drops and pickups
Rigids + optional trailer
Reflections fixed. Now it seems to be some random places shown on the window reflections.
Multi core
DX12

In the far? future, seasons.
But that ain't something simple. Unless dumbing it down quite much.
As in, only 1 setting for summer, autumn, winter, spring.
Winter, in real life, it can be quite varying.
Atleast where it can be snow. No snow, to lot of snow, to rain, sunshine and icy roads. Very cloudy and dust dry roads.
Slush, snow, rain, dry.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Trucker Nik

#24719 Post by Trucker Nik » 29 Jan 2023 21:43

https://tripito.cz/turecko/casovy-posun/
I just looked at the time zone of Turkey, in ETS2 it uses daylight saving time, but in this article it says that since 2016 Turkey does not use daylight saving time and that it comes in the UTC +3 time zone, that means it is the same time as for example in Moscow, St. Petersburg and the entire area covered by Moscow time, someone from the developers could look into this and fix it, and in fact, when you cross the border from Bulgaria to Turkey, the time should be moved forward by an hour or am I wrong 🤔
Last edited by Trucker Nik on 29 Jan 2023 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
xXCARL1992Xx

#24720 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 29 Jan 2023 21:44

what it does since forever, same for the UK and same for Portugal since they all existed
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”