SCS General Discussion Thread

55sixxx

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#20411 Post by 55sixxx » 02 Oct 2022 11:26

Holzauge wrote: 02 Oct 2022 10:44 The container trailer for example: In ETS2 you have a variety of ADR goods, in ATS only 2 (at least I haven't seen any other). Maybe in the US it is not common to transport ADR goods in container trailers, maybe the game is only lacking content. The log trailer in ATS has less goods to be transported and, if you want to transport logs, you can get toothpicks instead (unfortunately you don't know until loaded). In ETS2 you can get loads for the log trailer nearly everywhere, ATS at a lot less places. And of course "grain" (for the hopper and the bulk feeder) only in ATS, barley, wheat and rye in ETS2, which makes it a bit less boring for me. These are only a few examples. Yes, I know, it is moaning on a high level... ;)
It's not moaning dude... It's the reality. I can't even begin to count how many times I already banged on the same key about how there is an immense shortage of cargo on the External Market as well for all newly added trailers... For example, my garage is in Salzburg and sometimes I drive towards there to change my trailer, some days ago I hooked to a fuel tanker and drove to Munich's WGCC and did not found a single load in the External market even though it has many options for the container carrier.

SCS does not seems to acknowledge the issue and looks like they are refusing to do or say anything about it. In ATS, the only trailers that have a decent amount of job offers is the box trailers and the flatbed/dropdeck... The others are pretty much useless for me, since I use WoTR only. In ETS2 there is a tad more variety but all the recent trailer additions are pretty much useless too (Food tanker, Tipper, Silo, ADR Tanker).
plykkegaard

#20412 Post by plykkegaard » 02 Oct 2022 12:03

I only drive a few times per month for the same reasons
For variety I read a book or watch HBO

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
flight50

#20413 Post by flight50 » 02 Oct 2022 13:32

Holzauge wrote: 02 Oct 2022 10:44 Although I am looking forward to the new ownable trailers, I must admit, that I am using ownable trailers mainly in ETS2. In ATS I am - at the moment - using only flatbed and dropdeck (Lodeking/Prestige). One reason is the lack of transportable goods for some trailers, but there must be more, but to be honest I can't really tell...

The container trailer for example: In ETS2 you have a variety of ADR goods, in ATS only 2 (at least I haven't seen any other). Maybe in the US it is not common to transport ADR goods in container trailers, maybe the game is only lacking content. The log trailer in ATS has less goods to be transported and, if you want to transport logs, you can get toothpicks instead (unfortunately you don't know until loaded). In ETS2 you can get loads for the log trailer nearly everywhere, ATS at a lot less places. And of course "grain" (for the hopper and the bulk feeder) only in ATS, barley, wheat and rye in ETS2, which makes it a bit less boring for me. These are only a few examples. Yes, I know, it is moaning on a high level... ;)

With most trucks I use in ETS2 I have ownable trailers attached contrary to ATS. I like playing ATS that way, too, but there is always room for improvement... ;)
No you're not moaning. No more than I do about ICCs in general. Its well known that ATS just lacks cargo....period. I don't know why both games don't share cargo. Especially ones that are not specific to a particular country which is the vast majority of them. If a large pool of cargo was made for both games to share, almost all cargo can be used for both game. Not everyone owns both games and even if they do, why does it matter if all cargo was shared and seen in both games. Especially the def file cargoes. There is zero reason to not share those. Its a 2d image and just assigned to a trailer. No strapping down necessary.

I don't use owned trailers in ATS either because of the extreme lack of cargo compared to ETS2 and I don't think mod dependency is the answer.
PBandJ

#20414 Post by PBandJ » 02 Oct 2022 13:49

It would definitely be nice to have more variety in cargo....:)
JaDaKa

#20415 Post by JaDaKa » 02 Oct 2022 15:34

Maybe they are focusing into that economy rework?
harishw8r

#20416 Post by harishw8r » 02 Oct 2022 16:04

To some extent, yes. They have made their intentions clear that they would broaden the economy in terms of variety and the supply chain aspects. WoT remaining to be a moot point in development also explains why we don’t see much on the cargo front. SCS seems to have bigger plans for both but there’s no clue as to what they are or when they would be implemented or what they have to bring in first to implement what they wanted.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#20417 Post by Mohegan13 » 02 Oct 2022 17:45

WoTr is intended to be "hardcore" mode if that plan is still on the table.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
supersobes
Global moderator

#20418 Post by supersobes » 02 Oct 2022 17:54

Regardless of what the long term plan is, I think something should be done to address the issues in the short term so players have something to do while SCS is working on the long term plans. Short term fixes could include simply adjusting the way World of Trucks spawns loads so that specialized trailers have a sufficient number of loads to keep the player busy and not leave them in a situation where there is nothing to haul.
Wacky Geek

#20419 Post by Wacky Geek » 03 Oct 2022 12:40

#BestCommunityEver I lough a lot every time I see that. Maybe it was once upon a time, but not anymore
-MLP-

#20420 Post by -MLP- » 03 Oct 2022 12:50

Google Images is showing me only cloud storage pictures for Úložiště.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”