SCS General Discussion Thread

JUseeTV

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#19151 Post by JUseeTV » 16 Aug 2022 08:48

Judging by the map, I compared it with Google Maps and, these are the cities that might be behind the blue dots

[ external image ]
I am not giving any sort of support, requests or Q&A through private messages, such messages will be ignored. Please use the appropriate topics, they are there for a reason.
AlexxxF1

#19152 Post by AlexxxF1 » 16 Aug 2022 09:59

xeviax wrote: 15 Aug 2022 20:24 I don't know if anyone else actually noticed it or not but from the following image, the density of the road network of HOR DLC looks pretty low compared to the previous Iberia DLC.
well, given that some complain about the low density of the road network in Iberia itself, that there are not so many secondary roads as autobahns...
Iberia DLC simply had to come out divided into two parts, in two DLCs.
The map from the game file shows that one Iberia DLC is essentially Viva la France DLC + Italy DLC. or Scandinavia DLC+Beyond the Baltic sea DLC.
Iberia DLC even = West Balkans DLC + Road to the Black Sea DLC.

in my opinion, SCS just seeing that the players did not appreciate their huge work done in Iberia DLC, decided not to release such huge DLCs anymore.
(HoR was already in development, in parallel with the end of development of Iberia, HoR covers an area the same as Iberia only with more detail per square meter).
Although the road network in HoR is a little less dense than Iberia, there is still a huge study and detailing of cities. I wonder how the same Moscow looks like. I'm sure the SCS got something very interesting there, even just judging by the screenshots.

[ external image ][ external image ]
[ external image ][ external image ]
Last edited by AlexxxF1 on 16 Aug 2022 11:30, edited 4 times in total.
Shiva

#19153 Post by Shiva » 16 Aug 2022 10:27

xeviax, some minor roads might not be in that map. + for regular DLC price, it is quite good.

JUseeTV, the dot is at Falun, not Borlänge. But both cities are mentioned in the map.
And the northernmost cities, marked, right now?
Örnsköldsvik, Umeå, Skellefteå, Luleå, Arvidsjaur, Arjeplog, Storuman, Lycksele, Åsele. Note, I did only mark the cities that has the blue dots. Roads, that I did not care to fix.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Trucker Nik

#19154 Post by Trucker Nik » 16 Aug 2022 11:25

Today's tweet from scs, I bet all the money that the photo is from new Switzerland 😉
Adriatic Sea Team

#19155 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 16 Aug 2022 11:35

@Virtual Trucker 51 Nah, it's from Austria.
Trucker Nik

#19156 Post by Trucker Nik » 16 Aug 2022 12:33

Well, it looks like that, I was joking that it was Switzerland
oldmanclippy

#19157 Post by oldmanclippy » 16 Aug 2022 13:23

As for the europe_bgn.dds image, I looked and it does seem to be mostly complete as far as we know. We don't have any discovered blog screenshot that aren't on one of those roads or in one of those cities. In fact there are only a couple roads in that image that we haven't seen, just a bit more density in the Nizhny Novgorod / Saransk / Ryazan triangle than we knew of. Along with a few cities we hadn't seen yet. So other than remote depots, I would bet that that image does indeed contain all the roads that connect up to one another, i.e. all the non-dead end roads. Kind of the same way I handle my prediction maps, where I abstract away intra-city detail and don't include dead-end depots. So yeah that's probably pretty close to the HoR we would have gotten. It is low density, lower than I think most people who were following the blogs would have anticipated, and compared to Iberia it looks like a significantly smaller amount of content overall.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
xeviax

#19158 Post by xeviax » 16 Aug 2022 13:48

It was never a complaint but merely an observation based on the image I shared, not on any actual game map. I don't own Iberia DLC yet so I don't know the exact content details. But both from Austria & Hannover rework I can tell you one thing, the DLC should be amazing & from those green lines looks denser. Keep up the good work guys. I hope SCS didn't reveal the whole road network of HOR DLC as I am interested to see how many km of dirt roads in total are in there. :)
[ external image ]
Seerman

#19159 Post by Seerman » 16 Aug 2022 15:02

Five days without a blog... :?
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#19160 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 16 Aug 2022 15:03

might be map DLC blogs for a bit which might be why.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”