SCS General Discussion Thread

Tekashi

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#23141 Post by Tekashi » 26 Nov 2022 13:30

Huh, I did not know that, thanks, I'll try it out.
flight50

#23142 Post by flight50 » 26 Nov 2022 15:20

On the 2020 Xmas stream when SCS mentioned truck driving school, they also said......they are playing around with truck driving school and no promises. Just because MP was tease and came does not equal driving school too. The problem the community keeps having is if SCS mentions it, it’s a promise or its definite. The rigid blog was taken in the same manner. They talked about it and explained the process. Then the community gets mad when something does not come or mad when SCS does not talk about what they are doing. This is why.

Not all ideas or plan make it thru to the end or even get continuous dev time. Things get pushed around all the time for higher priority stuff.
Aziz

#23143 Post by Aziz » 26 Nov 2022 15:24

Oh it's not only this community. Devs are clever being silent. But then there are people with unrealistic expectations, wanting things way outside the scope of a game. Also everywhere you look.
Some newbie driver

#23144 Post by Some newbie driver » 26 Nov 2022 15:57

Aziz wrote: 26 Nov 2022 11:49tests for ADR/fragile/ are pretty much pointless when the only difference between these kinds of cargo and anything else in the game is trailer size.
That's now as the game actually is. In the very hypothetical case something like I said could be added, it's a far sight and lots of other additions to the game could be added. Fragile cargo as it's now it just a label to give us more rewards per trip; but it could be made really fragile; in the meaning that a rough way of driving, even not crashing, could damage it. A change like that could then be easily put into a "course" on the driving school. And regarding ADR, if the game would add the physics of the slosh inside the tanker; it would made tankers way harder to handle and be a good point for a course too. Well, in fact it would affect all kind of tankers (and IRL, the more affected are the food ones, not the ADR).

Whatever, as I said, they were just ideas hurriedly though not a complete analysis of what could be added to the game. Just to make people notice that "driving school" concept could be way bigger that some people who criticized though.

Regards
ASDF

#23145 Post by ASDF » 26 Nov 2022 17:54

1. I am a player who likes to use various configurations for my fleet, so I complete a short-distance or long-distance transportation every time I buy a new truck. After completing the task, I will go to buy the next new truck , then put the truck ahead into the garage and hire the driver.
2. The reason why I need to preset the default seats and rearview mirrors of each truck is because I need to adjust the rearview mirrors every time I buy a new Renault T truck from 1.41 to achieve the main rearview mirror angle Flip inwards, the auxiliary mirrors flip out, this is my car habit.
3. The preset default seats and default rearview mirrors I need are actually to allow players to preset default seats and default rearview mirrors for each truck according to their own needs, or give them the one they like This truck has preset default seats and preset default rearview mirrors.
4. What I need actually hopes to be realized. After I buy the next Renault T, the default rearview mirror of this Renault T is the value adjusted by the Renault T I am driving now. After I bought the next Volvo FH 2012, the default seat of this Volvo FH 2012 is the value adjusted by the Volvo FH 2012 I am driving now. This is what it means for an app to be configured for a fleet.
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
55sixxx

#23146 Post by 55sixxx » 26 Nov 2022 19:07

Dude, do you realize how that is sooo damn lazy on your part??? Do you realize you're asking the developers to make a whole new permanent adjustable preset just because you don't like setting up everytime you change your truck!? Do you realize how absurd that is???

Stop asking for this everytime and everywhere, ENOUGH.
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#23147 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 26 Nov 2022 19:37

@55sixxx just add that user to your foes list
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
Optional Features

#23148 Post by Optional Features » 26 Nov 2022 20:46

Tekashi wrote: 26 Nov 2022 12:21 One of the training features could be learning how to park double trailers, something we're not even allowed to do, and rigids with a dolly and a regular semi-trailer or a drawbar trailer attached.
Well, the game doesn't currently handle trailer sets correctly. A set of doubles isn't parked in a dock like one trailer in almost all cases. It's split, most of the time at a terminal. And then the two trailers are individually unloaded with the converter gear going into a common area for those.

Right now, the game spawns doubles in a dock like one long trailer, and we park them off to the side in a delivery as though the receiver will be taking 50k pounds of cargo off by hand. Not realistic.

First of all, we need truck terminals, at least as a delivery point. I'd like them to be the final stage of garage upgrade, but don't know if that will happen.

Then, we need the game to recognize multiple trailers at a time, something SCS last did for Trucks and Trailers.

Then, we need the ability to build and split a set.

And finally, we need multicargo as the likelyhood of a set of doubles or triples hauling all one load is not that high.

After that, the game needs to spawn a significantly lower number of doubles in AI traffic. Doubles (and triples) are not just another type of trailer: they represent a piece of the industry (LTL) that doesn't exist in game. As such every fleet doesn't run doubles, and they are way overrepresented in traffic.

There are trucks hauling reefer doubles for Kenworth, van doubles for Darwing, and flatbed hay doubles everywhere. The only two states with common hay doubles are California and Nevada. There's no way someone in Montana would pull two 28s when they could pull a 48 and a 28.

Anyways, I hope they address some of this stuff at some point, but who knows. We still have significant numbers of 48 foot van and reefer trailers spawning in the freight market and on the roads and single 28-foot trailers (especially flatbeds) spawning with sleeper tractors. If they got rid of all the AI box trailers but the 53 foot (tandem axles) ones, it would probably be for the best as that is what most companies are pulling today.

There is much work to be done.
Last edited by Optional Features on 26 Nov 2022 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
Some newbie driver

#23149 Post by Some newbie driver » 26 Nov 2022 21:32

55sixxx wrote: 26 Nov 2022 19:07Dude, do you realize how that is sooo damn lazy on your part???
His request isn't that absurd or unreasonable. For the game to keep a record of the cabin positions of all elements for all truck models where it has been set it should be something really easy. It's just write the config values the game is using on the save game file and read them from there at every truck switch. And something so easy would save TONS of time for people who like to change a lot of truck. Maybe that's not your case and you don't understand it but, as example, in my previous profile I played until approx 2 years ago I was changing truck EVERY job I had; that procedure lasted several hundred jobs. Needing 3+ minutes (napkin math) to put everything in place every time? It would had been absolutely waste of my playing time, hours lost just because the game can't remember a bunch of config values, absurd. So, for me, since then, that feature just don't exist; I couldn't care of it anymore until I don't see it having a long lasting effect.

Said that previous words, I completely agree with you on this:
Stop asking for this everytime and everywhere, ENOUGH.
Regards
plykkegaard

#23150 Post by plykkegaard » 26 Nov 2022 22:41

Without this I am less tempted to change to another truck

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”