SCS General Discussion Thread

Madkine
Global moderator

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#20211 Post by Madkine » 26 Sep 2022 07:38

EJOVANI_ARX7 wrote: 26 Sep 2022 00:28 It is required that the cut-off time to achieve the objectives of the event should be the USA time.
The cut of time for events is server time which is in Europe. There are far more players in Europe than the US so this is unlikely to change. The event also specifies the cut off time from the start.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Ludo Diabolo

#20212 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 26 Sep 2022 07:59

Just got a 95 MB update on ETS2 .
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
Wacky Geek

#20213 Post by Wacky Geek » 26 Sep 2022 08:09

If I had to guess, I would say it has something to do with the events
#BestCommunityEver I lough a lot every time I see that. Maybe it was once upon a time, but not anymore
Madkine
Global moderator

#20214 Post by Madkine » 26 Sep 2022 08:09

End of the Hannover event.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

Adriatic Sea Team

#20215 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 26 Sep 2022 08:14

I checked SteamDB, it looks like 1.46 is just around the corner.
flight50

#20216 Post by flight50 » 26 Sep 2022 08:21

seriousmods wrote: 26 Sep 2022 01:47
VirtualTruckTravels wrote: 26 Sep 2022 00:15 we all have our preferences, the best way right now to experience a somewhat realistic traffic based on time of day is Cipus' mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1236032431
it is really well put to together and it raises immersion by a lot, rush hour is real in the morning and evening with this mod, and if you have urgent delivery then better plan for a night flight :-)
Have you found it causing slowdowns? Seems like these scripts increase volume, but don't reduce speed.
I do have to agree on Cip's traffic mod. It doesn't do a bad job at all. The biggest slowdown is the mods you add like JazzyCats traffic mods, not Cips. Cips mod is the only one I ran when I was doing a traffic mod. Its setup perfectly to increase traffic and AI behavior based on road type and by hr...just like real life. The way Cip explained it to me made it very easy for me to go in and tweak the files to my liking. This mod is exactly what I have in mind for "Rush Hour". If SCS can make Cips mod as part of the vanilla game, people can adjust volume based on their pc specs and everyone is happy. User control is key for Rush Hour. It helps if SCS adds a lottt more Ai vehicles though because JazzyCat's mods do impact fps when running traffic mods. But SCS can help eliminate both mods by having it standard in their games.

People use mods because the lack of by SCS. The geometry for AI traffic is better if SCS material is used so I'd love to see a lot more done my SCS to reduce the need for Ai traffic mods. Take inspiration from them and include in the game please. Cars, buses, motorcycles, pickup trucks, box trucks, cargo vans, passenger vans, mini vans, Suv's, utility vehicles, city work vehicles, construction vehicles, courier vehicles, taxi's, shuttle buses....
Aziz

#20217 Post by Aziz » 26 Sep 2022 08:48

There's one problem with rush hour combined with current AI. I use *a* traffic mod, can't recall which one. Last time I played I waited several minutes behind a truck that stopped at the end of the ramp, unable to move because of the traffic flood coming from behind on the motorway. Second part of that problem are the ramps, they're too short, and most vehicles in the game can't get up to speed (from typical 40-60 kmh limit on ramps) because they run out of lane. And yes I'm talking about newer parts of the map, I believe it was in Italy. But there isn't much to do about it, obviously they won't be made longer.
Madkine
Global moderator

#20218 Post by Madkine » 26 Sep 2022 09:14

@flight50 I'm not sure why, but SCS have chosen not to implement traffic rules like Cip has (but SCS did go to the effort to build the rules so modders could use them).
This seems to be one of those features they'd prefer modders implement.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

Vinnie Terranova

#20219 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 26 Sep 2022 09:20

@Madkine But that would mean that SCS depends on a modder, which in my opinion is a bad idea... Not only are not all people that are playing ATS/ETS2 using mods, but more important: what if Cip decides to stop? Within one or two main updates for ATS/ETS2 the mod will become incompatible, which leaves us to fall back on the default traffic density, which is way too sparse.
Optional Features

#20220 Post by Optional Features » 26 Sep 2022 09:25

@flight50 Yeah, cip does great work for sure.

I'd just like to see gradual speed changes in the game. I talked to the daniel's random events creator about this. Maybe there's a way to adjust speed limits with random road events so that an accident slows traffic say to 35 or 40 from 60.

Right now, about the only slowdowns we have are drastic, unexpected, and caused by AI stupidity not reasonable things that happen irl. And at speed, AI are so jumpy it's nearly impossible to follow them. Their brakes are just insane.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”