SCS General Discussion Thread

harishw8r

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#25031 Post by harishw8r » 08 Feb 2023 10:38

Quick gameplay question: Does preferred job length affect the jobs of the AI drivers? Is there was a way to force them to take jobs of a certain distance only?
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#25032 Post by Mohegan13 » 08 Feb 2023 10:44

No. (Maybe with mods)
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
F4R35

#25033 Post by F4R35 » 08 Feb 2023 11:14

mackintosh wrote: 08 Feb 2023 10:28 As for getting bored of a game if you play it a lot - I wholeheartedly disagree. I played the Flight Simulator series for nearly 15 years. I never got bored. Not even once. I quit because I no longer had the spare time to devote to it at the time. That's the magic of simulators - they always keep you entertained, as long as they actually simulate something.
I played OMSI bus simulator for 6 years, and been playing trucking simulators for almost 13 years, Farming Simulator for 15 yeras and I've been playing Counter-Strike for 19 years, you can never get bored if the game is entertaining and enjoyable.

As for ATS and ETS2, they got bored because even though SCS has "promised" ( more likely teased) us things to come, they never delivered.
-Driving School was teased more than 2 years ago.
-no updates and advanced mode for WoTr that we were told it will come soon 5 years ago.
-the economy is the same as it was 10 years ago.
and the list goes on.

I remember German truck simulator where you get assigned a truck and you work for the same company with the same truck, and the more advanced you get, other companies will offer you jobs with a better truck...
Seerman wrote: 08 Feb 2023 08:16 Dude, you need to make the only right decision in life: do not go through this event. No one is pushing you there with sticks.
When you launch the game and the pop-up tells you about the event, then the annoying progress bar is always on the menu even tho you chose to participate are annoying.
they are literally called push notifications
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"
JaDaKa

#25034 Post by JaDaKa » 08 Feb 2023 12:58

I remember German truck simulator where you get assigned a truck and you work for the same company with the same truck, and the more advanced you get, other companies will offer you jobs with a better truck...

Myself and probably others have made that suggestion.
It is nice and an expansion of the RPG element of the game is something that would help its longevity.
Thing is that particular idea is good for the first phase of the game where we are gaining levels, after awhile it would become pointless.

Somehow I would like to to have an option to be more challenging to better emulate real life but then again it is completely sandbox.
We can set rules on our own like drive each truck for at least X thousand miles before getting a new one etc, it is doable up to a point.

It doesn't have to be enforced to us maybe but it is important to have the tools to bring it to our liking.
- Better, complex economy. It has to happen for everything to work properly.
- Ingame companies' truck liveries.

An example for a new RPG system follows in the spoiler.
It is about promotion but also chances for demotion that combined with a better economy, seasons etc could really add to the game's longevity.:

If we had that we could be able to sign a contract with Kaarfor (supermarket chain). We could use the company's truck & trailer or our own.

- Start say in Germany.
- For every completed job we earn points and when we reach a certain treshold we could be able to work for the company in additional bordering countries like France, Dernmark, Poland etc.
- Jobs vary from delivering between supermarkets, to getting stuff from farms or food industries like canned tomatoes or cleaning products with a "Kaarfor" label.
We could even transport chemicals for these companies.
- With every promotion we transport goods for that company across Europe, it could be almost anything to anywhere. Doesn't have to be ULTRA realistic, just close to it and depends on the company.

However we can LOSE points which would lead to demotion and even sacking
- Points could be deducted for delivering late, damaging goods or getting fined for speeding etc.
- There will be a reputation level so when we get fired (and not resign ourselves) it will be reduced
- We will have to go to another company where it will be a bit harder to get promoted at the start till we earn our new employer's trust.

To spice things up we could be having extra jobs given by the company, even emergency ones like pick up the trailer from a broken truck on a highway.
That could lead to some extra points etc.
MarkON

#25035 Post by MarkON » 08 Feb 2023 13:52

Can you see a bit of the upcoming trailer at the bottom :?:

[ external image ]
oldmanclippy

#25036 Post by oldmanclippy » 08 Feb 2023 13:58

Sora wrote: 08 Feb 2023 07:59 Like maybe Valentine's focuses on doing fewer longer jobs like a good relationship, while Easter focuses on doing perfect jobs without damaging your cargo that's as fragile as an egg, and Halloween has a higher job requirement but your first deliver to each state/country counts double (as if you're going door-to-door)? Just throwing out random ideas.
See, this would be a great way of doing the bare minimum with these events but still making them interesting. There'd be a theme that extended past the trailer skin, the gameplay would itself be themed. Just this tiny bit of variance would breathe life into these stale events.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
55sixxx

#25037 Post by 55sixxx » 08 Feb 2023 13:58

F4R35 wrote: 08 Feb 2023 11:14 I played OMSI bus simulator for 6 years, and been playing trucking simulators for almost 13 years, Farming Simulator for 15 yeras and I've been playing Counter-Strike for 19 years, you can never get bored if the game is entertaining and enjoyable.
Across all my accounts, I have nearly 5000 hours of CSGO and I'm not even close of starting to get bored. That is more than I have on both ATS and ETS2 combined. There are 8 game modes to keep you entertained and every time you play is different. Sure, there are some things Valve need to adress such as 128tick but it is a great game that keeps you interested.

That is something that never happened with either ATS or ETS2. I would get caught up on them and keep playing them constantly for the spam of some months... But never like I did CS. From late 2016 to mid 2019, CS was the only game I played and I mean literally.

And what SCS could probably (But realistically will never) learn from Valve is to add different game modes, add the driving school people have been asking, add challenges like STDS had, add the possibility to be a hired driver driving always the same truck and always delivering to the same or a selected few companies, add the ability to purchase an in-game company and make it your own... The possibilities are plenty. But as I said previously, SCS is so close minded that things like these will never happen, unfortunately.
Trucker Nik

#25038 Post by Trucker Nik » 08 Feb 2023 14:07

Anyone have any idea where the screenshot is from? I want to think that it's the port of Calais, but it's definitely not, and it's definitely not the port of Dover, is it Balkan?
JaDaKa

#25039 Post by JaDaKa » 08 Feb 2023 14:16

I don't think it is right to compare different genre games. FPS games don't get boring as they are all about action and their purpose is simple.
Among the driving etc simulator ETS has been doing quite well.
Gameplay changes are surely needed nobody denies that.
rookie_one

#25040 Post by rookie_one » 08 Feb 2023 14:17

guilhem1 wrote: 08 Feb 2023 10:17 in any game if you play it a lot you end up getting bored
This

For myself, I mostly pivoted to MSFS, but I do still play ATS and ETS2 on occasion, and i'm planning to come back fully to ATS at one point when I will be less bored with the game
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”