SCS General Discussion Thread

JoeAlex23

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#29911 Post by JoeAlex23 » 02 Jun 2023 20:10

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 02 Jun 2023 19:51 I don't drive box trailers... But even if I would drive box trailers, it's visible that I'm driving with a trailer that I will leave at the destination. But with rigids and it's cargo there is nothing to see.
We call that a straw man fallacy, just arguing for the sake of doing it, it will be the same thing as having a big box attached to your truck or pulling it as a trailer, also, are you completely missing the point that a rigid can also haul a trailer? :lol:

People just want another type of vehicle to drive, most people don't really care about visible cargo.
Vinnie Terranova

#29912 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 02 Jun 2023 20:12

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 02 Jun 2023 19:53your pathetic attempt
Really? Is this the way you want to discuss something? You don't have respect for people with a different opinion? Right...
SuchManor

#29913 Post by SuchManor » 02 Jun 2023 20:13

Rigids don't really have a use in ATS at the moment. They aren't used to deliver freight to big box stores and big businesses. They are only really used for stuff like food delivery to small business stores, homes, schools, and other less prominent places. Flatbed rigids are really only used for local delivery from home stores/ landscaping to homes or small businesses. None of which exist in the current game. A rigid update would have to come with alot more delivery options.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
Optional Features

#29914 Post by Optional Features » 02 Jun 2023 20:15

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 02 Jun 2023 19:11 Imagine you are driving a rigid in the game. Your rigid is loaded with some bottles of wine. You have to deliver them to a Wallbert supermarket.

Is the cargo (bottles of wine) visible? Answer: no.

But way more important is this: what happens when you arrive at the Wallbert supermarket? What happens when you press <ENTER>? Do you see something happening visually? Or do you only get some kind of popup window with a message: You have succesfully delivered 30 bottles of wine?
I mean, what is this for ridiculous gameplay...? How unrealistic do you want to have it? The cargo system we currently have is already as unrealistic as it can get. The way we drop trailers is so unbelievable unrealistic... With rigids it gets even more unrealistic, if that's even possible...

Serious, for rigids to arrive in the game we need a total overhaul of the cargo system. Or better: even in case we don't get rigids the cargo system needs a total overhaul.
You have described a problem with the general cargo system, not just rigids. Most of the cargo in game is imagined, including in the bulk trailers. Hopper, live floor, and belt trailers have tarps on permanently along with side and end dump trailers.

Even in old versions of ATS, the dump trailers (not owned) had a cargo plane.
F4R35

#29915 Post by F4R35 » 02 Jun 2023 20:25

The problem with the cargo system as it was discussed thousands of times is not that the cargo is "imaginary"
I drive a box trailer IRL mostly and most of my cargo is crates, I don't even get to see my cargo even if I want to, it's just a bunch of boxes inside of a box. But the problem is from where and where to we deliver the cargo? Back to my IRL examples, today's cargo was 4 crates, the manifest said they contain water Faucet assembly machines, and I took them to a newly built water Faucet factory, in game? I'll be taking a damn 70 tons locomotive from a depot to a super market.

This really needs to be addressed it's almost 11 years since we started complaining about it.
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"
JoeAlex23

#29916 Post by JoeAlex23 » 02 Jun 2023 20:51

I know you're probably exaggerating a bit with that last part, they have fixed a lot of that lately, heavy machinery, construction equipment and tankers don't go to supermarkets/retail stores anymore and if you find one is probably a bug, that problem with logistic companies is another topic.

The main problem we have is to where we deliver/park the cargo when we arrive at the destination, backing up heavy machinery and tankers into a dock is dumb, they have to specify delivery location based on the type of trailer already defined by the trailer itself.
oldmanclippy

#29917 Post by oldmanclippy » 02 Jun 2023 20:51

I can deal with invisible cargo, I just want to deliver a trailer to the correct/corresponding location within a given depot.

JoeAlex beat me to it
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
gaillard

#29918 Post by gaillard » 02 Jun 2023 21:12

Indeed, someone should take the burden of defining what goes where and where it needs to be delivered. Incoherent deliveries are the rule.

Fuel from Andalucia to Lithuania or olive trees from Istanbul to Lisboa have to be coped with.
And empty pallets going for 3000+ kilometers.
You're driving in the USA? What do you think of Waste Paper from Brownsville TX to Casper, WY? Just real examples.
Last edited by gaillard on 02 Jun 2023 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
SuchManor

#29919 Post by SuchManor » 02 Jun 2023 21:14

Yeah the entire cargo system needs to be completely reworked for bottom to top.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
Optional Features

#29920 Post by Optional Features » 02 Jun 2023 21:20

JoeAlex23 wrote: 02 Jun 2023 20:51 I know you're probably exaggerating a bit with that last part, they have fixed a lot of that lately, heavy machinery, construction equipment and tankers don't go to supermarkets/retail stores anymore and if you find one is probably a bug, that problem with logistic companies is another topic.
I recently delivered a tankerload of milk to an intermodal yard while starting a new profile. It's still an issue.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”