SCS General Discussion Thread

Trucker_71

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#17931 Post by Trucker_71 » 03 Jul 2022 12:18

@gaillard This ^^^ I support 100% as a useful feature in these games! 😉
Bandit & The Snowman

#17932 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 03 Jul 2022 13:36

What I like about the IRL DLC is the great graphics with unlimited fps (haha), and that you can choose to play outside of IRL.
SouthernMan

#17933 Post by SouthernMan » 03 Jul 2022 13:39

JaDaKa wrote: 03 Jul 2022 07:08 I really cannot believe how anyone rates FS higher than ETS2/ATS.
The game looks horrible which is enough to overlook any of the positives, whatever these are, as it is unplayable.

Neon trees :ugeek:

Night time :lol:

FS has been going on since when? 2008? And that's the best they have come up with? This kills all immersion, I don't care about any boxes you can tie at the trailer and any checks you could do on your truck.

Thank you SCS for providing me with a game I can enjoy.
Maybe people are not making graphical comparisons, but in a matter of some functionality. Of course I understand that maybe the focus of SCS is just driving, nothing more, and with that it's noticeable that many of these features (FS22, for example) don't make sense to add to ATS/ETS2. But I won't deny that some of them would be interesting, though. Anyway, this is my opinion.
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
SouthernMan

#17934 Post by SouthernMan » 03 Jul 2022 13:44

gaillard wrote: 03 Jul 2022 11:59 A small starting point would be to have owned garages act as repair workshops.

It just needs adding the green thingy and functionality truck shops have now. Most of the basic equipment is already displayed in our garages.
At least for normal wear and tear.
Maybe repairs above X% (after a crash?) would need "professional" handling elsewhere... No influence on frame rate, not a big thing to code maybe?
For ETS it could even be a little less expensive. Repair costs in ATS are already negligible.

Sorry for discussing non-Farm Sim subjects here... :oops:
About adding the green thingy(trigger), I can say that this is not difficult at all. I'm going to try to do some testing in some garages, add services triggers and test. :D
Study will not always make you wise, sometimes it will simply make you more superb.
Alex-dobr4060

#17935 Post by Alex-dobr4060 » 03 Jul 2022 13:50

Don't feed the troll with your answers and.. he will disappear! :lol:
-----------------

I like this game.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

If I don't like something about this game, then I make my own modifications.
[ external image ]

I wish you all good impressions of the game. ;)
Sorry for my bad English.
All will be well, when will be well.
abasstreppas

#17936 Post by abasstreppas » 03 Jul 2022 14:05

Bandit & The Snowman wrote: 03 Jul 2022 13:36 What I like about the IRL DLC is the great graphics with unlimited fps (haha)
Have you ever had a terrible hangover, talk about lagging and low FPS :lol:
SabR

#17937 Post by SabR » 03 Jul 2022 14:28

& what about IRL AI's?
Ingame we can request SCS to have a fresh go at the code but whom do we request to change irl AI code? :lol:
AI's irl are not only worse at roundabouts, they are worse everywhere :D
Some newbie driver

#17938 Post by Some newbie driver » 03 Jul 2022 14:40

The IRL counterpart would be to request governments to send worse drivers to "reeducation camps" where to be subject of a lobotomy to get rid of their reckless driving tendencies... hummm, didn't seem so bad idea :twisted:
PBandJ

#17939 Post by PBandJ » 03 Jul 2022 16:01

I can't say I have ever seen a driver come to a complete stop on a 70 mph highway to let someone in from an on ramp where the highway was going along at 70 mph, or a complete stop to let someone in on from a rest area/ weigh station doing the speed limit before, or come to a complete stop because a car is driving beside them on a parallel road. For me it just seems that the merging of AI's in these different areas need fine tuned. If it wasn't for poor merging I think they were pretty spot on.
Optional Features

#17940 Post by Optional Features » 03 Jul 2022 16:31

JaDaKa wrote: 03 Jul 2022 10:06 I don't see anyone else apart from yourself asking to build their own garage.
There's one right beneath this comment, and there are many more. Just look at all the people buying custom garages for several dollars each because they cannot make their own.

@Vinnie Terranova Agreed: the max driver and truck cap per garage is incredibly frustrating, and the inability to see the garage used means there is no reason for the extra space. I couldn't agree more.

But notice how as soon as you bring anything up about the game, the playerbase immediately suggests you play something else. Want a garage where you can see more than just one truck in one of your fifty five-bay shops? Play garage simulator. That makes no sense.

@gaillard Agreed. People have been asking for that one for a while as well: hopefully someday it comes.

I personally also suggested the smallest garage be a house, since most people in America with a semi wouldn't buy business property to store nothing. We have tons of unused houses in game.

[ external image ]

@SouthernMan Yes, from a graphics perspective, I don't think many people care. I mean people are playing Motor Town, albeit a small number, and the graphics in that game intentionally look like a cartoon. Graphics are great, but gameplay (and freedom) can go a lot farther towards keeping people playing a game.

@Alex-dobr4060 I challenge you to make a mod that allows you to do something SCS doesn't specifically allow you to do and report back. Let's say click on a button on the dash or separate a double trailer set: make it happen lol!

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”