SCS General Discussion Thread

oldmanclippy

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#16611 Post by oldmanclippy » 26 May 2022 13:05

I would be pretty surprised if the LK price was different from ETS2's trailer packs' prices.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
SirVirgoTheMess

#16612 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 26 May 2022 13:07

To be honest, i think it will be the same price. I don't see why it would be different.
On another note, i asked for a refund for the Renault T tuning pack.
Not because it's bad, but because i won't probably use it. Like the other tuning packs.
55sixxx

#16613 Post by 55sixxx » 26 May 2022 13:29

And I wouldn't be surprised if the first tuning pack we get for ATS turns out to be for International... It's the first brand to have three trucks (And probably will remain like this for a while) and their relationship with SCS seems to be in very good levels.

We would finally see the C-loop mirrors instead of just the pedestal ones, we'd get the sideskirts, paintable tanks and so on.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
zippe

#16614 Post by zippe » 26 May 2022 13:33

this lonestar thing is so ugly, a tuning pack doesn't help anymore :lol: :lol: but for the other international trucks it would be cool :)
oldmanclippy

#16615 Post by oldmanclippy » 26 May 2022 13:38

Freightliner, Western Star, or International. Daimler NA and Navistar both seem to be really enthusiastic about working with SCS. PACCAR is nowhere to be found so there goes Kenworth and Peterbilt, and Volvo has been quiet in both games besides Renault, so probably not Mack or Volvo.

My money is on Freightliner for the first tuning pack. I think we'll get the 57X when that drops, and the International partnership has been really productive lately so I imagine a break is in order :lol:
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
pigbrother

#16616 Post by pigbrother » 26 May 2022 13:45

55sixxx wrote: 26 May 2022 13:29 And I wouldn't be surprised if the first tuning pack we get for ATS turns out to be for International... It's the first brand to have three trucks (And probably will remain like this for a while) and their relationship with SCS seems to be in very good levels.

We would finally see the C-loop mirrors instead of just the pedestal ones, we'd get the sideskirts, paintable tanks and so on.
I don’t like the truck, but both pictures are the 1st gen Lonestar, not the 2nd gen we have in game. :)
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Izmaragon

#16617 Post by Izmaragon » 26 May 2022 13:54

So, be glad that some of you don't need to deal with sales tax or some sort of purchase tax.... Yeah...

Magnum, there used to be a mod for tuning that thing long ago. Not sure what happened to it other than disrepair.

As far as tuning for American trucks, isnt most of that handled by aftermarket companies? At least with older models....?

Anything is possible...

Would love to see a general aftermarket tuning pack for all the trucks... You know, a very general one, light bars for roofs at least, rear fenders. Bling, it might be teetering on the edge of simulation, but thats why ets2 has been around for as long as it has. With people being able to customize the truck look. ATS severely lacks in this, as I'm sure most are aware...

Anyway, I'm sure that issue is or will be rectified for the most part in the future...

As previous posters have implied, and while I certainly understand that SCS can't talk too much about what's going on, but what is going on with Paccar, Volvo and the like? Stalled talks or developments? It would be nice to know every so often about whether or not progress is actually being made.

In regards to the Lonestar, I actually don't mind the truck too much, and would love to see a tuning pack... For it and most of the other trucks ingame.

I remember an early stream where Pavel spoke of licensing issues and how every time personnel changed faces, one would have to restart the process over again. Is this what's happening in the case of Paccar or Volvo? I know people can't say much, but at least give us a very general idea of the situation.... Maybe at least?
My WoT

Show trucks are working trucks, they simply do the same job in a slightly more noticeable and stylish fashion.
55sixxx

#16618 Post by 55sixxx » 26 May 2022 14:10

pigbrother wrote: 26 May 2022 13:45 I don’t like the truck, but both pictures are the 1st gen Lonestar, not the 2nd gen we have in game. :)
The design changes between these two gens are very small, so I suppose some parts are interchangeable.
Some newbie driver

#16619 Post by Some newbie driver » 26 May 2022 14:22

Mohegan13 wrote: 26 May 2022 11:04Personally I think it's a Volvo thing, the old trucks were Renault, where as the new models are obviously owned by Volvo now.
I thought the same past week and checket dates and, according to Wikipedia, Volvo has owned Renault Trucks since January 2001; with Renault having a minority slice in Volvo's shares that were completely sold between 2010 and 2012.

So, it's true that the new Renaults T are the ones "100% Volvo" (since they were released one year after Renault doesn't have nothing to say about it in the administration council of Volvo). Isn't less true that, for 12 years, Volvo owned those two old truck models and evolved them and if they wouldn't wanted them it would be way easier to get rid of them way before.

So, more than a question that "those were not our products" mentality; it seems to me just a general ass**** mentality of gray suited corporate bean-counters that don't give a heck about the history of the company they were running at that moment. They don't care if they are managing a truck company, one that makes refrigerators or one that works in outsourcing services. They just want to make profit now, the past is useless for them; it's not reflected in their bonus payment neither on the price of the shares.

Regards
xXCARL1992Xx

#16620 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 May 2022 14:24

it is cleary visible that the Renault T is based on the Volvo FH platform that came a few years before, i would even go so far and say the chassis is 1:1 taken from Volvo and just cosmetics and Cab are developed by Renault Trucks
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”