SCS General Discussion Thread

Sora

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#16411 Post by Sora » 23 May 2022 18:25

Some newbie driver wrote: 23 May 2022 14:11 SCS could decide to sell it for 5 cents if they want to; it still wouldn't be a discount price. By pure definition, a discount is a price lower than the one set before. There could not be a discount on release because, obviously, if it's the first time it has a price tag, there has never been a previous price to compare and say there's a discount.

Of course, they could release it at a price tag of $999, say it has a wonderful-mega-hyper-combodiscount of 99% and sell it for $9.99. It would be a discount? No, it would be marketing BS. But who knows, maybe there's some people that enjoy companies throw at them marketing BS.
It isn't too uncommon for products to release with a slight (usually like 10%) 'discount' to entice people to impulse buy it and contribute to release week visibility. Said discount usually expires after a few days, or maybe a couple weeks. I'm pretty sure SCS themselves have done this before, and I know I've seen several other publishers do it.

You can spend all day whining about semantics and throwing dictionaries at people, but this is a perfectly existent concept and clearly what's being referred to here.

Realistically, on Steam, you could argue that sale prices as a whole are the "default" price and the default price is a glorified desperation tax. This is a completely fair interpretation, and one I even agree with. But unless EVERYONE sees it that way, referring to the situation as such just creates needless confusion.
oldmanclippy

#16413 Post by oldmanclippy » 23 May 2022 19:15

I also bet Thursday will be the day. Which I am excited about the possibility of since I have Friday off.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Some newbie driver

#16414 Post by Some newbie driver » 23 May 2022 20:26

@Sora I understand what you mean; from my point of view it's the same as my example just with a different vest. If they can sell it during a few weeks for 90% of the allegedly price tag, then that's been the real price because everybody knows the bulk of sales will be that firsts few weeks and what will come later is a raise that almost nobody would care. If people feels more satisfied by seeing the "sale" tag on the price good for them, I found a shame to lure consumers that way and I don't understand the need (as a consumer) for ask something like this to happen.

So far I don't remember SCS doing that kind of things on releases; what they had done usually is to bundle with other previous DLC that could be somewhat linked to give them a boost. That's a way more honest marketing campaign: the company has what they want (more sales on other DLC not just the new, more money in total) and we have a better content/value purchase. Both sides win, good for all in comparison on actions that only try to do mind tricks to consumers.

In that scenario, there could be a possibility for a DLC bundle most probably with other non-branded accessories DLC. Of course, that would not be aimed to the more loyal and eager customers because they probably already had all the other bundled DLCs. (shrug)

Regards
55sixxx

#16415 Post by 55sixxx » 23 May 2022 21:12

Off-topic but... Could you guys still drive on ETS2/ATS with no FFB at all?! Because like, mine is broken (I mean, it works but something is deactivating it in the wheel). I really want to drive, even more now with the T Tuning Pack coming out but I just can't enjoy it in the same way I used to... I can't feel the bumps on the road, the counter-steer when I turn, the weight of the truck...
Shiva

#16416 Post by Shiva » 23 May 2022 21:27

Did you reset the settings for 1.44 ? Atleast I seen recommendations for it.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
55sixxx

#16417 Post by 55sixxx » 23 May 2022 21:41

It's not a problem with either game... It's the wheel itself.

Because before this issue, I had to manually set the wheel to 900 degrees because the auto-calibration for it was busted (I had to take the cover off, flick a switch to the 200 degree position, the wheel would calibrate and then I'd flick it back to 900 position for it to work properly.)... Now, the wheel simply does not calibrate either way, if I put the switch on the 200 setting and apply force on it, it starts to calibrate and when it's done I have a working FFB but as soon as I let go of the switch (Remove the screw driver i'm using to apply force on it) the FFB disarms and the wheel becomes as loose as it can be.

And that is the best I can explain... I googled it and did not found a single person with the same issue on the same wheel. I did found a decent amount of fixes for the Driving Force GT but not for the Driving Force Pro (Which is the one I use).
Shiva

#16418 Post by Shiva » 23 May 2022 22:52

Ouch!
Would have been better if it had been the game settings.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
dsf.fernando

#16419 Post by dsf.fernando » 24 May 2022 01:18

tbh it's one or two months since the last time i played ETS2
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
Midiangel

#16420 Post by Midiangel » 24 May 2022 06:52

I just want to say that I'm glad that SCS finally learned how to make a draw distance and got rid of the effect of pop-up mountains.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”