SCS General Discussion Thread

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#17861 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 01 Jul 2022 19:23

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 01 Jul 2022 19:18
Just think about all the licencing work they've been doing and the name they're doing for themselves in the real life truck business. All the contact they managed to get during the years.
I really don't care. First of all I don't know nothing about the licensing process. And second of all it's not about the licencing process and the relationship between SCS and trucking business. It's about ATS and ETS2. Because those are games I'm playing. I don't care what SCS has done to get truck licenses. I do care what licensed trucks are in the game. I don't care about the relationship between SCS and the trucking business. I do care whether ATS and ETS2 give me the feeling of driving a truck and hauling cargo.
you contradict yourself, you DO care how SCS gets the license, if you dont you wouldnt care if ETS and/or ATS wouldnt get any real branded vehicles at all
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
abasstreppas

#17862 Post by abasstreppas » 01 Jul 2022 19:25

@Vinnie Terranova Jeez, man, why are you still here then?
Vinnie Terranova

#17863 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 01 Jul 2022 19:32

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 01 Jul 2022 19:23you contradict yourself, you DO care how SCS gets the license, if you dont you wouldnt care if ETS and/or ATS wouldnt get any real branded vehicles at all
I don't contradict myself. I just said that I don't care about how SCS get the license, as long as they get the license.
abasstreppas wrote: 01 Jul 2022 19:25Jeez, man, why are you still here then?
What do you mean?
abasstreppas

#17864 Post by abasstreppas » 01 Jul 2022 19:42

@Vinnie Terranova You doesn't seem to like anything about SCS products, that is why I wonder.

Also, you want something that suits you perfect and doesn't care if other don't like it. It sound like you have to either start to make mods for you own liking or start a company where you point the direction. SCS have to be more democratic to make a product that suits as many as possible.
Vinnie Terranova

#17865 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 01 Jul 2022 19:55

abasstreppas wrote: 01 Jul 2022 19:42You doesn't seem to like anything about SCS products, that is why I wonder.
Oh, ok. That's probably because I might write a post when I don't like something about ATS or ETS2, and I hope that SCS will do something about that. But when I do like things about ATS and ETS2 I rarely write a post about that. And there are a lot of things that I like about ATS and ETS2. Those are the games I play most. But there are also a lot of things that can be improved. But if I don't write about those things, how can SCS know about the things I want to be improved. I somehow have to let SCS know. And that's why you might have read a lot of negative posts from me, but that doesn't mean that I don't like ATS or ETS2.
Also, you want something that suits you perfect and doesn't care if other don't like it.
Why should I care if others don't like what I wish for?
It sound like you have to either start to make mods for you own liking
Well, guess what, I have made some mods for my liking. I think I've made 7 or 8 mods for ATS and about the same amount of mods for ETS2.
SCS have to be more democratic to make a product that suits as many as possible.
Ofcourse I know that. I don't think SCS will implement a feature that I want and nobody else. But I could always ask, right?
Some newbie driver

#17866 Post by Some newbie driver » 01 Jul 2022 20:39

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 01 Jul 2022 19:55
Also, you want something that suits you perfect and doesn't care if other don't like it.
Why should I care if others don't like what I wish for?
Point is not that we should care for what other could want (none of us has to). Point is to be coherent. If one of us demand a change in the game that it would be barely wanted for other players, one can't expect that change to become a priority for SCS. There's nothing wrong by telling what we would want in the game to be changed (that's one of the main reasons why they provide places like this forum). There's no point in keep insisting that SCS must do the changes one wants because are the changes ones want. There's a big difference that a lot of people don't understand. There's people that, they way they talk, it seems they think SCS is obliged to follow their orders.

Regards
Optional Features

#17867 Post by Optional Features » 01 Jul 2022 20:49

abasstreppas wrote: 01 Jul 2022 19:01 @seriousmods You obviously didn't read what I said, or didn't understand. 90% of the gamers doesn't care about gazillions of buttons or being able to go to the loo and take a sh*t. They just want to drive from A to B, customise the truck, listen to the radio while driving. They just want to relax. There is only a tiny amount of people who want to be able to micro manage the game, the rest doesn't. Personally I would quit this game if I had to stop the truck and walk to the loo every 4 hours ;)
I have seen literally no one asking for SCS to implement a system where players had to manually use the restroom. So that is a strawman that has no relevance to this discussion.

That said, your assumption that 90% of the players want to do nothing more than drive between two points on a map and hit enter twice is based on literally no evidence whatsoever. None of us know what 90% of the players want because none of us know or have surveyed even 50% of the players.

But I can guarantee you, based on comments made by tons of people that are not me, that players do want something more than what we have, although what exactly is not easy to determine. But if you read comments on scs social channels, you can see what players are asking for. The tweet asking what features players would like has 870 comments at this point: that is more comments than probably anything they have posted in a long time.

People do want more, and most of what they want isn't new maps. We have a massive map in both games and little interactivity.
xXCARL1992Xx

#17868 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 01 Jul 2022 20:52

870 comments (of wich some may be duplicates and some other bots like always on twitter) VS 10 million people who bough the game, nice survey to say what the player base really wants
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
oldmanclippy

#17869 Post by oldmanclippy » 01 Jul 2022 21:12

xeviax wrote: 01 Jul 2022 17:49 Can someone confirm this, if I activate a DLC when I am in the beta, do I have to do it again when I will move back to the normal version(regular/stable build again? I have bought a few DLCs today. :D
If you mean activating in World of Trucks, then yes I would imagine (I do not know for sure so don't take my word for it) you will have to do it again in the normal build since they use different WoT instances. But that's just to tell the server that, for example, you own the Oregon DLC so the server can show you jobs to and from Oregon. You still have the DLC no matter what for regular offline jobs.

On second thought I am thinking this is probably incorrect.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
samuel87

#17870 Post by samuel87 » 01 Jul 2022 23:14

I liked the Phase 2 Of California and you

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”