Load Order - ATS v1.49 Map Combos (Updated 24 Mar 2024 - Bonjour Quebec)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
nfld_josh

Re: Load Order - ATS v1.43 Map Combos (Updated 20 Jan 2022 - Project Mid-Atlantic)

#631 Post by nfld_josh » 22 Jan 2022 01:01

I haven't been able to use all my map mods since before Christmas and I'm really getting frustrated with it. Basically since the v1.43 update. I'm used to updates upsetting my mods and I've had trouble with them before but not like this.
I download all the latest versions of the map mods, load them into the Mod Manager and in the correct order and no by the tap-dancing Jesus-H-Christ-on-a-motorbike will it work.
Crashes.
Crashes. Every. Single. Time.
No matter what.
Unless I delete most of my map mods. Then it will work with 'Crash fix for huge combo maps' and 'ATS satellite BG for North and Central America (v1.4)'. So then I have ProMods Canada, Discover Ontario and Western US with all DLC. But no C2C, Midwest Expansion, Reforma, Alaska, etc. Basically most of the mods in the load order on page one of this thread are useless with that background map and crash fix.
I then look for another background map to see if it will work. Nothing except old versions not compatible with v1.43 except for this one new North America map mod by K-DOG that was only uploaded last day or two.
Success! It works.
But it is a map mod in and of itself; containing Canadream, C2C, Midwest Expansion, Project Mid-Atlantic, Reforma, etc. Because it is at the top, it overrides all the other mods and has gameplay problems. The game will crash when you try to drive anywhere west or south of Holbrook, AZ towards Phoenix or Tucson. Most of the signs in C2C are blank.
Is there a background map that actually works for ATS?
Digital X

Re: Load Order - ATS v1.43 Map Combos (Updated 20 Jan 2022 - Project Mid-Atlantic)

#632 Post by Digital X » 22 Jan 2022 01:15

Have you tried a new profile?

I've been using the load order in the OP for a while and not had many problems.

Try a new profile, load in just C2C, then add in another map mod one a time with the most up to date crash fix and map background (1.4)
Last edited by Digital X on 22 Jan 2022 08:40, edited 2 times in total.
DcGamer94

#633 Post by DcGamer94 » 22 Jan 2022 03:05

i run all of the maps in my load order and it works good. i can post if u like. but i also want to ask is great america able to run with canadream aswell or is it a standalsone.
Vinnie Terranova

#634 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 22 Jan 2022 08:35

nfld_josh wrote: 22 Jan 2022 01:01Crashes. Every. Single. Time.
Please give us information as specific as possible: when does the game crash? During the loading process (while you see the "Content change detected" message)? Or can you get to the main menu? Is it while viewing the world map? Or does the game crash while you are driving? Etc.
I then look for another background map to see if it will work. Nothing except old versions not compatible with v1.43
So, basically you are saying that background mods for v1.43 are not working? That's interesting... What version of ATS do you have?
except for this one new North America map mod by K-DOG that was only uploaded last day or two.
This is an illegal map combo mod, which has been taken down already.
Success! It works.
But it is a map mod in and of itself; containing Canadream, C2C, Midwest Expansion, Project Mid-Atlantic, Reforma, etc. Because it is at the top, it overrides all the other mods and has gameplay problems. The game will crash when you try to drive anywhere west or south of Holbrook, AZ towards Phoenix or Tucson. Most of the signs in C2C are blank.
So, how can you say "It works"? It obviously has way too many issues.
Yeah, here. Scroll down untill you see 'ATS:' (orange font color); download the crash fix for v1.43 and the background mod for 1.43.
As far as I know, there is no background mod from ProMods for v1.43.
nfld_josh

#635 Post by nfld_josh » 22 Jan 2022 14:57

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 22 Jan 2022 08:35
nfld_josh wrote: 22 Jan 2022 01:01Crashes. Every. Single. Time.
Please give us information as specific as possible: when does the game crash? During the loading process (while you see the "Content change detected" message)? Or can you get to the main menu? Is it while viewing the world map? Or does the game crash while you are driving? Etc.

During loading "Content Change Detected" whenever I use the load order to the letter as in the first post of this thread. When I was using the K-DOG map mod, it would crash whenever I zoomed in to the greatest extent possible.
I then look for another background map to see if it will work. Nothing except old versions not compatible with v1.43
So, basically you are saying that background mods for v1.43 are not working? That's interesting... What version of ATS do you have?

Currently running v1.43.2.15s since 2022-01-20
except for this one new North America map mod by K-DOG that was only uploaded last day or two.
This is an illegal map combo mod, which has been taken down already.

Right on.
Success! It works.
So, how can you say "It works"? It obviously has way too many issues.

I said "it works" because for the first time in over a month I have been able to successfully load a game with more than just Discover Ontario. For the last week or so, I could use D.O. v0.0.7 . Nothing else would work. Crash on load every damn time.
Yeah, here. Scroll down untill you see 'ATS:' (orange font color); download the crash fix for v1.43 and the background mod for 1.43.
As far as I know, there is no background mod from ProMods for v1.43.
That's the ones I have been using that don't work for 1.43 to run C2C, Canadream, Promods, Reforma, Alaska, etc. When I set up my Mod Manager to run this Crash Fix+Background map with any map mods other than the older version of Discover Ontario, absolutely will not work and inevitably crashes to desktop on loading. Even when I delete it from my "mod" folder under documents and re-dowload, still the same.
Are there any other background maps/crash fixes I can try that will actually work?
Vinnie Terranova

#636 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 22 Jan 2022 15:18

Nope, as far as I know there is nothing wrong with the background and the crash fix. I need to see your game log in order to figure out what's going on. Please post your game log. If it's too big, post it in two ore three pieces. Or zip it and upload it somewhere. Or share your game log via Google Drive. Whatever method best works for you. But I need to see your game log.
nfld_josh

#637 Post by nfld_josh » 23 Jan 2022 00:37

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 22 Jan 2022 15:18 Nope, as far as I know there is nothing wrong with the background and the crash fix. I need to see your game log in order to figure out what's going on. Please post your game log. If it's too big, post it in two ore three pieces. Or zip it and upload it somewhere. Or share your game log via Google Drive. Whatever method best works for you. But I need to see your game log.
Got it working with a brand new profile.
Sucks having to start over again, but that's it I guess.
Thanks for the help :)
nagor

#638 Post by nagor » 23 Jan 2022 15:43

How to fix CTD: "when Caribbean Map and Reforma are loaded together"? viewtopic.php?t=307028
Or are they not compatible now?
Last edited by nagor on 24 Jan 2022 00:39, edited 2 times in total.
Vinnie Terranova

#639 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 23 Jan 2022 16:14

Try to put Mega Resources above Reforma. Also, I don't know whether one of those wokshop mods might cause an issues.
eslamspino14

#640 Post by eslamspino14 » 24 Jan 2022 22:19

it works fine for me untill i stuck from Aruba south to Coro Venezuela i don't know what shall i do

Return to “Modding Guides”