Load Order - ATS v1.49 Map Combos (Updated 24 Mar 2024 - Bonjour Quebec)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Wolfseye

Re: Load Order - ATS v1.46 Map Combos (Updated 2 Dec 2022 - Ontario - MUO Patches - PMA - Reforma)

#1601 Post by Wolfseye » 03 Dec 2022 16:53

Thanks a lot @KARU0920 ;) appreciate that.
I might get easily frustrated and say something wrong on occasion, but I never really mean it. Please do what I often cant, dont take it too personal. And please forgive me. Thanks guys. :)
Wolfseye

Re: Load Order - ATS v1.46 Map Combos (Updated 2 Dec 2022 - Ontario - MUO Patches - PMA - Reforma)

#1602 Post by Wolfseye » 04 Dec 2022 12:57

Aem, where can I find the latest US24 Extension ? I only find old versions. Even on Truckymods.
I might get easily frustrated and say something wrong on occasion, but I never really mean it. Please do what I often cant, dont take it too personal. And please forgive me. Thanks guys. :)
Wolfseye

#1603 Post by Wolfseye » 04 Dec 2022 13:51

Well, i got all the files now, but i cant get it to work without crash to desktop at the end of the loading.

What i have done, and what i had before.

I was running the map combo still from the 1.45 version (before this here was updated to the 1.46 Map combo), where it was running fine. I had quite a big mod combo going there, including the maps from this Load Order. I wanted to wait til all or lets say most of the mods I wanted to use, were updated to 1.46.

Now that it was time and most mods had been updated, I did make a complete backup of the game and profile, so just in case something with 1.46 doesnt work out, i can just go back to 1.45 and continue from where i was earlier today.
Before I updated, I also went back to a Standard truck and saved it all.

Then I updated the game to 1.46, bought the Texas DLC and put in the new map versions here for the Combo with 1.46. I already prepared for that the last days.
So, I put that all into the folder, went into my profile and removed all mods in there.

Then i removed older, pre-1.46 mods from the folder before I copied all the new stuff in. Back into the game, I went into the mod list, and added for now just all the maps that are in the list of the first page. All the current versions of course. I figured, the rest of the mods i can add later when I know that the maps work.

So, I tried to load the profile with just the new maps, and it crashed at the end of the loading process.

This is the game.log if anyone has any idea what the issue could be.

Code: Select all

https://pastebin.com/xJeiVjXs
When the profile loaded, after I removed all the old mods from it, of course it notified me that the mods that game knew from before, were not in there anymore, and could not be loaded. Which is normal of course. So whatever else is in the game.log, there still are only the map mods from the 1st page in the mod list. Nothing else that crashes, other than map mods, are active mods.

Fullscreen Map for ATS v2022.11.08
    Original Loading Screen Mod (v1.46-1.0)
    <put here the Background file(s)...> 1)
    Lake Cabin (A-Frame) v1.0.4
    Terrebonne to Baker City (v1.5)
    San Rafael v2.6
    D Ontario-Connections (v0.2.0)
    Discover Ontario 0.2.0 - Def
    Discover Ontario 0.2.0 - Map&Models
    Project Dakotas v2.1.1
    Midwest Expansion (Beta) (v0.171b)
    MUO/Reforma/LA Ferry Patch v1.1.3
    Los Angeles Cruise Terminal
    ProMods Canada Definition Package (v1.2.2)
    ProMods Canada Map Package (v1.2.2)
    ProMods Canada Models Package (v1.2.2)
    ProMods Canada Assets Package (v1.2.2)
    Pacific Map Def/Map (v1.1.2)
    Pacific Map Models (v1.1.2)
    Montana Expansion 2.0 Assets & Models v0.3
    Montana Expansion 2.0 v0.2.8
    Caribbean C2C Connector Fix (v1.46-0.2)
    Caribbean C2C Connector (v1.3.2)
    Caribbean Map - Def&Map (v1.3.2)
    Caribbean Map - Models (v1.3.2)
    Caribbean Map - Models 2 (v1.3.2)
    Project Mid-Atlantic 0.4.0.2 C2C Compatible File
    Reforma C2C Compatibility Patch v.16.146
    Coast to Coast v2.12.46.2
    Radiator Springs Fix (1.46-0.1)
    Radiator Springs Map add-on (v1.3)
    US 24 Extension V1.4
    Project Better Arizona Reforma Connection 1.3
    Project Better Arizona 0.2.2
    MUO/Reforma Compatibility Patch v1.7.3
    Mega Resources 2.4.3.146
    Reforma 2.4.4.146
    Minor Urban Overhaul v15.4
    def route alaska v 1.6
    map route alaska v 1.6
    Yard-Ontario, OR (Actually this is Port Angeles, WA)
    Yard Ontario-SouthernMan
    Yard Twin Falls - SouthernMan
There are a few files that I had with the previous map mods, which I dont have now. I dont know if anyone of those are important for the profile.

- C2C and Reforma i10 Fix
- C2C-PMA Truck Dealers Fix
- PMA - C2C 0.3.1.1 Public
- Grand Canyon Rebuild (v1.3)
- SCS Map Improvements - Bellingham Heights Fix for Promods (v1.1.260)
- SCS Map Improvements - Base
- SCS Map Improvements - Bellingham Heights
I guess maybe not having those, because of maybe garages i had in these areas, could be the problem now ?

Ok, there is one more map at the bottom, which I also had before in 1.45. Its Removed - Rule 2.3 which according to those I asked, is still compatible with 1.46. It worked fine before, it should still now. I could remove it for now, but i still had garages in the profile up there within this map mod, so removing it might be a problem because of the garages.

I am not good with these things, so I dont know the problems. I just guess, the only thing I can figure, would be that the map mods I dont have now, contained garages i had and now maybe try to load and cant because the maps are not there.
Could that be the issue ?

Oh no, I just realize now that I have the Texas DLC, can I even go back to my previous files and profiles and downgrade to 1.45 ? Is that even still possible, considering that i have now the Texas DLC ?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated ! Thank you. ;)
mace10001

#1604 Post by mace10001 » 04 Dec 2022 14:47

@Wolfseye

your map load order is correct and everything is on newest version, like by me but with no load problems
I check your game log, looks that you have garage problem, probably you buy a garage on one of the map mods, which now dont be there whit your trucks and drivers. and your profile try to load this.( i dont prefers buying garages on mod maps often cause problems). I always use garages from original SCS maps, what dont make problems when on of the mod maps are changed or updated, because you never know also if modder also change coordinates of city, village or garage.

for future reduction of problems,
1: before update GAME, on last save, use one original SCS Truck an Trailer, not moded one, put your MOD truck´s and trailer´s on "PRIVAT" also could causing problems by game, map, truck update.
(I also sale Garages(Trucks, Drivers) when l have some on moded maps, but this is up to you.

2: than copy from your folder file "Steam/SteamApps/appmanifest_270880.acf" and from your "Steam/SteamAppa/common/ whole folder "American Truck Simulator" folder (just 10GB) to another drive or to another folder (exp: GAME_SAVES) than from your ATS mod folder copy folder "profiles" and file "config.cfg" also to another drive or folder (exp: GAME_SAVES). This give you a opportunity to go back on your last working game version to eventual make some correction/modifikation before you update on new game version.

3: Start ATS got to mods, and delete all "maps mods" load game and make a last save. update game and than start to load map mods on Vinnie´s or what load order you use, (i make one by one), is also up to you.

Simple: due this first two points and if new updated game don´t work with your old load, overwrite file "appmanifest_270880.acf" with your befor update saved, delete whole updated ATS Folder and copy old one from save folder, back to steam folder, same than with your saved "profiles" folder from your mod folder delete new and copy old one back, start ATS in offline mode and voila, your last working version, make changes, and than you can again update game over steam.
also check that your mods are also activated like in your last working save.

hope this help you in a future to get less problems
l survive Bella Coola Highway BC/CAN & Highway 129 NC/TEN/US "Tail of the Dragon", enjoy the Ride
Wolfseye

#1605 Post by Wolfseye » 04 Dec 2022 16:06

@mace10001

As I said above, i did turn back to a standard truck before the change, i always do. ;)

As for the garages, i had a feeling (of course only afterwards LOL ) that it has probably to do with the garages, and i should have sold the custom truck mods as well, thats what i usually do but forgot.
About the garages, i must admit, i never thought about them being a problem with updates. Of course I buy the garages as they come, no matter where they are.
I have to admit, i dont know later which garage was part of a map mod. I mean, for that i would have to have a real detailed map on where on the map which map mod is located, like specific map areas and then kinda have them overlayed with the original SCS map. That way it would be simple to know which garage later to sell, which was part of a mod and which wasnt. Unfortunately i dont know these things.

I remember someone making, a lonnnnng time ago, a little video where in certain ETS2 combos which map mod would "roughly" be, but that wouldnt help me in ATS, since noone has done that in this game as far as I know. ;)

Guess the garages could have saved me from making a new profile, but what the hell, its all part of the adventure. :D I dont mind starting again with a new profile, since the purpose of this game for me is relaxing and being entertained, not really about how many roads i have driven with what jobs, and if my company has become big or not. That is not what is important for me. ;)

I just created a new profile, and the map mods from this topic as they are listed, including pretty much any other mod i used before with 1.45 seem to work again (at least it still runs and dont crashes, yet), and if that changes i will see what the issues are from there on. Right now it works again for the part that i have seen so far.

Thanks a lot for all the other info on the game files backup, because that i had never done before. But now i know that. ;)
CHeers m8
KubaLinBunio

#1606 Post by KubaLinBunio » 04 Dec 2022 16:36

I just encountered some error while trying of leaving of Los Angeles. Could you check what could have caused in my game log? My game has suffered a playability crashing/malfunction.
Attachments
game.log.txt
(638.56 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
My current laptop specifications

Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design and Intel® HD Graphics 630
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
RAM: 16 GB
Wolfseye

#1607 Post by Wolfseye » 05 Dec 2022 11:23

Just a question. Are any of those maps cause to everytime i load the profile, cause the "CONTENT CHANGE DETECTED...." which then in return make my loading time each time much longer ? Sure, it can also be other mods that can cause that, but just to be sure, that its not the map mods here, I wonder if any of you notice that maybe ? Thanks.CONTEN
XesXand

#1608 Post by XesXand » 05 Dec 2022 12:31

Anybody knows some info on ATMX map and fontfix issue ?
Besides that no matter the load order there are no signs in most of reforma mexico map.
Last version that worked well was 1.43
My ETS 2 load order ---> viewtopic.php?t=321147
My ATS load order ---> viewtopic.php?t=319969
KubaLinBunio

#1609 Post by KubaLinBunio » 05 Dec 2022 16:41

XesXand wrote: 05 Dec 2022 12:31 Anybody knows some info on ATMX map and fontfix issue ?
Besides that no matter the load order there are no signs in most of reforma mexico map.
Last version that worked well was 1.43
You may be right. In this early mentioned version, everything worked fine even for me. If it is a Map Reform failure, then it will be necessary to consider its fixing.
My current laptop specifications

Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design and Intel® HD Graphics 630
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
RAM: 16 GB
Wolfseye

#1610 Post by Wolfseye » 05 Dec 2022 18:36

https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=1770232&sid=ff996e5d8a63dfc9888e7e564979cdd0#p1770232
Anyone any idea if any of the maps here could be reaponsible for that, or what other kind of mods could be responsible? Because it sucks doing the long load every Single time.

Return to “Modding Guides”