Load Order - ATS v1.49 Map Combos (Updated 24 Mar 2024 - Bonjour Quebec)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
TruckSimFan

Re: Load Order - ATS v1.47 Map Combos (Updated 14 May 2023 - The Great Midwest)

#2151 Post by TruckSimFan » 14 May 2023 17:00

thehip66 wrote: 14 May 2023 11:22 I also followed load order on first page with a fairly heavy moded profile .. TGM = CTD , removed TGM , profile loaded
Make sure you have the latest version of TGM: https://truckymods.io/american-truck-si ... at-midwest

Without knowing your exact mods and load order, I'm going to guess it's another (non-map) mod that is causing the CTD?

Whenever I get CTDs, a lot of times, it's not another map mod that's causing it. It's usually an AI traffic pack, an economy mod, etc. that's not interacting with other mods, or the base game, correctly.
This is why looking at your game.log.txt, and seeing what errors are being logged before the crash can help you (persons in general) narrow down what might be causing the CTD. If you don't understand what the log says, post it here, so others can take a look at it and help you.

Also, and this goes for everybody, if you have Steam Workshop mods mixed with local, downloaded mods like the majority of us have... ATS and ETS2 now check for updated versions of the Workshop mods when you start the game.

You might have noticed a new dialog window that briefly pops up that says "Downloading Info" that appeared with 1.47? The games probably checked for updates before, but now we have visual confirmation it's actively making sure all the files (base game and mods) are up-to-date. Sometimes, mods are updated and the game needs to recompile the nav cache even if it didn't need to before. It doesn't mean the mods are broken. It means they've been updated. So, the game has to update itself, so everything works like its supposed to with those new updates in place.
TruckSimFan

#2152 Post by TruckSimFan » 14 May 2023 17:03

Stephenvanbreda wrote: 14 May 2023 11:10 I have a problem with The Great Midwest. Steam shows my game is running but it do not display on the monitor. When I de-activate The Great Midwest the game launch with no problem
We're going to need more info. like hardware specs & setup, and what other mods you're running.

Posting your game.log.txt will help others identify possible conflicts and advise you accordingly.
graem007

Re: Load Order - ATS v1.47 Map Combos (Updated 12 May 2023 - ATS Expansion)

#2153 Post by graem007 » 15 May 2023 17:03

TruckSimFan wrote: 13 May 2023 16:51 Here is my load order as of 5/13/23:
There are no broken roads, no CTD and no nav caching on startup.

CanadianExp/ProMods RC V0.1
ProMods Canada Definition Package (v1.2.3)
ProMods Canada Map Package (v1.2.3)
ProMods Canada Models Package (v1.2.3)
ProMods Canada Assets Package (v1.2.3)
TGM Can Exp D-Ont RC V0.4.1
Canadian Expansion v1.0.47.3
D-Ontario-Connections 0.2.1a
Bonjour Quebec V0.0.2
Discover Ontario 0.2.2 - Def
Discover Ontario-Map&Models-V0_2_2
Reforma OtherMaps Compatibility Patch v.17.147
Salt Lake City Overhaul - Wasatch Mountains 1.0
U.S. 24 Extension 1.4
Fort Collins to Sterling Connection (had to edit manifest to be 1.47 compatible)*
Fort Collins Rework 2.0
Terrabone to Baker City
C2C-Project Mid-Atlantic Truck Dealers Fix
Project Mid-Atlantic v0.4.0.2 C2C version
The Great Midwest 1.0.4.1
ATS Expansion Models/Assets v1.1
ATS Expansion C2C v1.1.1.1
Midwest Expansion (Beta) v0.171b
Coast to Coast v2.13.47.1
Project Better Arizona Reforma Connection 1.4.2
Project Better Arizona 0.2.5.1
Unimex_Map_1.0.3.147
MUO/SN Compatibility Patch v1.4.7
MUO/Reforma Compatibility Patch v1.8
Reforma Sierra Nevada v2.5.4.147
Reforma v2.5.4.147
Mega Resources 2.5.4.147
San Rafael v2.6
SouthernMan Yard Overhauls (ONT, Port Angels, Texas, etc.)
Minor Urban Overhaul v15.6

While everything is optional, I think "Terrabone to Baker City" might be obsolete because these cities no longer appear in Oregon (in official DLC, or Coast 2 Coast)?
Also, the San Rafael authors specifically state to place SR beneath Reforma, in the load order.
The next addition will be the Grand Canyon Rework, but you lose the Photo Trophy achievement after you install it. So, I'm going to teleport to the GC, take the photos, and then install GC Rework, to be sure.
@TruckSimFan

According to Koolizz The Salt Lake City Overhaul - Wasatch Mountains 1.0 mod could potentially cause issues with MUO as it uses similar sectors

I get a CTD approaching Salt Lake City so have removed The Salt Lake City Overhaul and I don't get CTD.
sickrun

#2154 Post by sickrun » 15 May 2023 19:40

Hmmm, i also had crash to desktop with The Great Midwest at loading screen. Even with only Coast to coast and TGM, just this two no other traffic or wheater or something else, i cannot pass the loading screen, CTD.
"Life's a bitch, life's a whore
Nothing less and nothing more"

- Iced Earth - My Own Saviour -
TruckSimFan

#2155 Post by TruckSimFan » 15 May 2023 23:03

graem007 wrote: 15 May 2023 17:03 @TruckSimFan

According to Koolizz The Salt Lake City Overhaul - Wasatch Mountains 1.0 mod could potentially cause issues with MUO as it uses similar sectors

I get a CTD approaching Salt Lake City so have removed The Salt Lake City Overhaul and I don't get CTD.
EDIT: Yeah, I just had a CTD when going East toward Salt Lake City.

So, I wonder if Kooliz will make a MUO compatibility patch (if it can be done), or adjust their overhaul to avoid conflicts? They have to know those of us who want realistic map coverage are going to want to use the mod along side the other big mods like MUO, right?

Side Note: My load order isn't perfect, but an alternative to the main page's load order, and is presented as a jumping off point for testing and experimentation.

@sickrun

It's weird everybody is having different experiences with The Great Midwest V1.0.4.1.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but as long as you have C2C, it should work since it's dependent on C2C (and official DLC) as stated by it's author, Turmoil64.

I'm sure you've done this already, but have C2C as the only map mod, let the nav cache recompile, launch the game and drive around a bit. Be sure to Quick Save manually, too. Then, add TGM, let the nav cache recompile, and see if you can get past the loading screen this time?

I've noticed, it helps to make a manual Quick Save once you get into the game (in your vehicle). The game auto saves whenever you quit, but I've noticed, making a manual save gives you a clean save to load into if the auto save becomes corrupted due to mods.
Vinnie Terranova

#2156 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 16 May 2023 07:38

TruckSimFan wrote: 15 May 2023 23:03It's weird everybody is having different experiences with The Great Midwest V1.0.4.1.
I really don't know what the issue is with TGM. Using my modded profile I couldn't get it to work; I always had a CTD during loading. But with a new profile I don't have a CTD. The creator of TGM said that it might have to do with an economy mod, but there is no economy file in TGM. And apart from that, my economy mod is an exact copy of the default economy file, except for one value; so that should not be the problem. Also, I now have loaded TGM in my new profile, including my economy mod, and I don't have a CTD. The only thing I can think of is that my old modded profile somehow must have been corrupted.
Oscar de Wyldde

#2157 Post by Oscar de Wyldde » 16 May 2023 08:05

I can confirm the listed load order works without TGM. Doesn't work with TGM in the mods section.
sickrun

#2158 Post by sickrun » 16 May 2023 08:18

TruckSimFan wrote: 15 May 2023 23:03
@sickrun

It's weird everybody is having different experiences with The Great Midwest V1.0.4.1.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but as long as you have C2C, it should work since it's dependent on C2C (and official DLC) as stated by it's author, Turmoil64.

I'm sure you've done this already, but have C2C as the only map mod, let the nav cache recompile, launch the game and drive around a bit. Be sure to Quick Save manually, too. Then, add TGM, let the nav cache recompile, and see if you can get past the loading screen this time?

I've noticed, it helps to make a manual Quick Save once you get into the game (in your vehicle). The game auto saves whenever you quit, but I've noticed, making a manual save gives you a clean save to load into if the auto save becomes corrupted due to mods.
@TruckSimFan

Thank you for the tip, I did that but I had the same result, CTD on loading screen. Then i make a new profile and is loading without problem so like Vinnie said probabile TGM dont like old profiles, mine is really old, i think i m create it in the same year when ATS was launched and I play the game with different combinations of maps without problems. I dont want to lost all the progress I made all these yaers so I think I will pass this mod for now.
"Life's a bitch, life's a whore
Nothing less and nothing more"

- Iced Earth - My Own Saviour -
XesXand

#2159 Post by XesXand » 16 May 2023 11:46

I'm just experiencing a few (some farm, and some building) missing textures.
No ctd's, no recache, no broken roads. Everything works ok.
The only thing in Canadian Expansion you have to fix def to connect cities and countries (author said it will be fixed in next update).

Provide your full load order (because the problem you are experiencing is not in map mods... maybe in load order, but not in map mods).
My ETS 2 load order ---> viewtopic.php?t=321147
My ATS load order ---> viewtopic.php?t=319969
TruckSimFan

#2160 Post by TruckSimFan » 16 May 2023 18:37

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 16 May 2023 07:38 The only thing I can think of is that my old modded profile somehow must have been corrupted.
That's a possibility since others have experienced the same thing with other mods where their save just becomes bloated with older save states, it becomes incompatible with the current version.

I've been playing ATS since launch, but never with a single profile from that time. Like many, I'll stop playing the game for a while, years even, then get the urge to comeback and try out new content. However, it's on either a new profile with some cheats/boosts (so I don't have to start from zero), OR I use one of the ATS Save Editors to modify a new profile, so it equals my older profile (driver level, XP, money, etc). Speaking of Save Editing...
sickrun wrote: Thank you for the tip, I did that but I had the same result, CTD on loading screen. Then i make a new profile and is loading without problem so like Vinnie said probabile TGM dont like old profiles, mine is really old, i think i m create it in the same year when ATS was launched and I play the game with different combinations of maps without problems. I dont want to lost all the progress I made all these yaers so I think I will pass this mod for now.
Like I mentioned to Vinnie, you can use a Save Editor to duplicate your current (older) save on a new profile. You won't loose anything (other than accrued mileage). That's how I've been playing the game since launch, and it's probably why I have less problems with mod compatibility due to having a profile that's only a few updates behind the current one? Just a thought, but you don't have to lose your years or progress if you choose to make a new profile and edit it.

Return to “Modding Guides”