[REL] Daniels ATS Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
halbtollekreatur

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#331 Post by halbtollekreatur » 31 Mar 2022 11:49

I'm fine with the rate of fire trucks. Especially because if you are not using GTMs mod the variety is very small. But if you working on a update anyway why not increase the ratio a little bit.

Something else: maybe the sweeper could spawn in roadwork that's nearly finished. I saw this a few times in the US. They use it to clean before they remove all the cones and stuff.
ATLANTIK7773

#332 Post by ATLANTIK7773 » 31 Mar 2022 18:33

Daniels Good afternoon ! I ask you not to pay attention to different critics! Everything is wrong for them, let them "Sofa Heroes" create the mod themselves and sit for more than one hour to create a full-fledged mod! This is hard, painstaking work that takes a lot of time!
The creators of the Game, SCS workers, gave unique people the opportunity to create masterpieces and unique fashions and discover people's talents for modeling, drawing, and creativity! Many thanks to the SCS team for this!
Daniels We are your fans of your creativity with you and support you! Good luck with your work!
yaumeister

#333 Post by yaumeister » 03 Apr 2022 15:40

Just a quick bug report:

/model/sign/misc/traffic_barrier.dds is missing mipmaps, so the model appears just black without texture in OpenGL (Linux and Mac).

To add mipmaps in GIMP for example.
- Open the DDS file.
- Select Export As.
- Compression - BC3 / DXT5.
- Mipmaps - Generate mipmaps
- Save - (Select Ok)

Thanks again for the updates and look forward to the next release!
nagor

#334 Post by nagor » 07 Apr 2022 13:04

- Is it compatible with Municipal Police Traffic Pack https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2111420509 ?
- If yes, what is the order in the Manager?
halbtollekreatur

#335 Post by halbtollekreatur » 07 Apr 2022 15:40

I use both mods and have the police one on top. Not sure if it has an effect but the local police cars form police mod will spawn in Daniels mod. This is quite nice.
The only struggle with police is and Daniels mod. If an event with the generic US police takes place in Reforma or ProMods you will have the generic US police spawn in Mexico or Canada. Same with ambulance and fire brigade. But it's a compromise I gladly accept :)
nagor

#336 Post by nagor » 07 Apr 2022 18:03

@halbtollekreatur, Thanks.
Travismods

#337 Post by Travismods » 08 Apr 2022 19:55

I guess one thing that is a bit of a bummer with this mod is still the vehicle variety. What are the chances three Lincoln MKT bump into each other on the highway? I feel like the Lincoln MKT especially is so heavily used in these scenarios its a bit on the funny side to always find that one involved in so many scenarios. Guess its an SCS limitation.

[ external image ]
Desperado

#338 Post by Desperado » 09 Apr 2022 08:45

Hi, very nice work! Like it very much - but in convoy, the collisions at the streets where repaired are gone and sometimes at a workzone - in front & at end there are signs in the middle of the road! Could it be that it not works clean in convoymodus? But anyway in singlemodus a must have - thanks for your time & the mod!
Always drive safely and appropriately - in simulation as well as in real life ;)
halbtollekreatur

#339 Post by halbtollekreatur » 10 Apr 2022 10:25

Quote removed - Don't quote images/code boxes - Rule 2.3

Agree on that. It always looks like a failed marketing campaign by Lincoln ;)
danbywinby

#340 Post by danbywinby » 11 Apr 2022 21:33

koolizz wrote: 08 Apr 2022 19:55 I guess one thing that is a bit of a bummer with this mod is still the vehicle variety. What are the chances three Lincoln MKT bump into each other on the highway? I feel like the Lincoln MKT especially is so heavily used in these scenarios its a bit on the funny side to always find that one involved in so many scenarios. Guess its an SCS limitation.
That is a long running bug that is really annoying me.

For whatever reason even though everything in the files is correct and in terms of setup exactly the same as in ETS2 in ATS this one 'slot' seems to be selected to spawn more often than all the others. I previously got reports of this issue with the crashed F150, thought i managed to fix it by swapping the order of the crashed vehicles around however this doesn't seem to have worked so it's nothing to do with the scenes or anything. I've spent hours confirming that everything in the files is correct. It must be an SCS bug.
pmsrt wrote: 09 Apr 2022 08:45 Hi, very nice work! Like it very much - but in convoy, the collisions at the streets where repaired are gone and sometimes at a workzone - in front & at end there are signs in the middle of the road! Could it be that it not works clean in convoymodus? But anyway in singlemodus a must have - thanks for your time & the mod!
As i do not use convoy myself i cannot comment on whether it works in convoy or not. If you can provide some screeenshots of the issues that you experience then i can get a better idea of what you are referring to and confirm if that is an issue that does not occur in single player or not.

Return to “Others”