[REL] Daniels ATS Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Laqueesha

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#231 Post by Laqueesha » 03 Jan 2022 08:53

@PXM Twizt3d - Yeah I noticed it a few days ago; weird.
TheEnglishOtter

#232 Post by TheEnglishOtter » 03 Jan 2022 08:59

What worked for me was disabling my adblocker. To see images on the forum you now have to accept the use of third party cookies, and my adblocker was causing the popup to accept them to not appear. A dev explained why the change happened here viewtopic.php?p=1650117#p1650117
danbywinby

#233 Post by danbywinby » 03 Jan 2022 11:06

@PXM Twizt3d Unfortunately it seems that in order to see the images in the post you need to allow the third party cookies in the popup. Otherwise you get the [External Image] appear and have to click it in order to actually see the image.

What is everyone's thoughts on the current rarity / spawning amount of the events in my mod. Are there any events that people think should be rarer or more common at all?
walmartdude00

#234 Post by walmartdude00 » 03 Jan 2022 13:56

danbywinby wrote: 03 Jan 2022 11:06 @PXM Twizt3d Unfortunately it seems that in order to see the images in the post you need to allow the third party cookies in the popup. Otherwise you get the [External Image] appear and have to click it in order to actually see the image.

What is everyone's thoughts on the current rarity / spawning amount of the events in my mod. Are there any events that people think should be rarer or more common at all?

Looks great, this will make the game look so much better!! Def will make the roads look IRL
Wullack

#235 Post by Wullack » 04 Jan 2022 21:49

danbywinby wrote: 03 Jan 2022 11:06 What is everyone's thoughts on the current rarity / spawning amount of the events in my mod. Are there any events that people think should be rarer or more common at all?
I like it just the way it is because I don't even realize it's there. The events feel so natural that I don't get the impression of using a mod. It's perfectly integrated. Thank you!
hahnson

#236 Post by hahnson » 05 Jan 2022 08:13

I too think it is good,

the only event i do find a bit strange thou is where there is a VMS sign trailer warning and only a stoped car, that feels strange, if it was a van / truck warning it would be more natural,
danbywinby

#237 Post by danbywinby » 05 Jan 2022 11:34

@hahnson

Could you explain a bit more about exactly why you think it is strange? Also could you possibly provide a screenshot of the exact event you are referring to?
Laqueesha

#238 Post by Laqueesha » 05 Jan 2022 14:06

hahnson wrote: 05 Jan 2022 08:13 the only event i do find a bit strange thou is where there is a VMS sign trailer warning and only a stoped car, that feels strange, if it was a van / truck warning it would be more natural,
Yeah, that one's a bit odd, having a dedicated VMS sign for a single broken down car is weird.
danbywinby

#239 Post by danbywinby » 06 Jan 2022 19:22

I'm guessing that you are referring to the events like this one below:
[ external image ]
Currently this VMS sign can show for all broken down vehicles that are broken down on a road with a hard shoulder.
If they are broken down in the inside lane then there will either be:
  • Police
  • Warning triangle
  • Warning Triangle + VMS sign
  • Highway Maintenance vehicle + Warning triangle (coming in the next version)
  • Highway Maintenance vehicle + Warning triangle + VMS sign (coming in the next version)
If they are broken down on the hard shoulder then there will either be:
  • No warning
  • Warning triangle
  • Highway Maintenance vehicle + Warning triangle + VMS sign (coming in the next version)
This VMS sign can also show for vehicles being recovered:
[ external image ]
If they are getting recovered from the inside lane then there will either be:
  • Police
  • Police + Cones
  • Warning triangle
If they are getting recovered from the hard shoulder then there will either be:
  • No warning
  • Warning triangle
  • Highway Maintenance vehicle (coming in the next version)
In the next version this highway maintenance vehicle will be able to appear in more variations of the breakdown and recovery events but will no longer be able to spawn at these events on the single lane roads.
[ external image ]
halbtollekreatur

#240 Post by halbtollekreatur » 11 Jan 2022 09:39

Hi Daniel. Found this at maps and thought it could be a good inspiration to add the Isuzu NPR with signs - if it possible.
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.9136909 ... m2!1e4!1e1

Return to “Others”