[REL] Daniels ATS Random Events

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Travismods

Re: [REL] Daniels Random Events

#301 Post by Travismods » 22 Feb 2022 11:42

halbtollekreatur wrote: 22 Feb 2022 08:07 Wouldn't that be a nice addition to your mod?
viewtopic.php?t=308401
This is so cool! Never seen that after 5 years of playing.
danbywinby

#302 Post by danbywinby » 22 Feb 2022 20:39

Hello All

Today i would like to show you some work in progress screenshots of my latest work on the next versions of my random events mod.

In the next versions i will be adding Hard Shoulder Accident Events along with this i am currently experimenting with adding people to these events and non-damaged vehicles to allow me to use a bigger variety of vehicles in these events.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

@koolizz and @halbtollekreatur

With regards to your link about the vehicles driving in companys. I did look into that 'Trajectory' feature and try it out before however unfortunately the trajectory paths do not get exported from the map when i export my scenes therefore i cannot implement this into my mod. I have thought about trying to create versions of the vehicles that are 'Movers' and trying to get some moving vehicles in my scenes but because of the limited space in my events and the fact i can only block one lane at a time i would only be able to have them drive a little forwards and then a little backwards and repeat. I don't think this would be very realistic at all.

With reagrds to your comments about the Isuzu NPR. Unfortunately this is more of an SCS issue than my mod issue. I could potentially lower the spawn rate but because of the dynamic and random nature of my events and how they are setup this would mean reducing the spawn rate of the events themselves rather than the vehicle itself. I would rather avoid doing this so i will see if i can figure out a better solution. I will not be implementing any of Jazzycats models as i do not want to start going down the route of combining mods as that will get extremely complicated. I do remeber seeing your post about the Isuze NPR with the arrow board on. As i successfully managed to transfer the arrow board from the F150 to the VMS sign pole and turn it into its own sign i could potentially have a go at trying to do similar with the Isuzu but as it is a vehicle with many different models this will be more complicated.

I would absolutely love to be able to do scenarios where vehicles are in ditches but because the events need to be able to spawn anywhere i can only create scenarios with vehicles entirely on the road surface currently.
halbtollekreatur

#303 Post by halbtollekreatur » 22 Feb 2022 21:35

Cheers mate. I always appreciate your work and your answers.
Another wild idea. There are also animals in the game. Maybe you can add a cow that is captured by the cops. Or even road kill. Although that would be a bit more pithy. But on my trips in the USA there were a lot of dead animals on the streets.

Not sure you already did. But wouldn't that car may be usefull as a burned one
Travismods

#304 Post by Travismods » 01 Mar 2022 12:46

Had an interesting event today in Arizona, not sure how this truck driver managed that? :D

[ external image ]
TexasWhirlwind

#305 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 01 Mar 2022 23:35

And I told them not to park on that wet asphalt..
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-
LATrucker

#306 Post by LATrucker » 13 Mar 2022 14:37

I'm not sure if it's already in the mod, but I'd like to see "abandoned" cars on the shoulder of the Interstates.
You can see them quite often in the USA: here's an example from North Carolina
Travismods

#307 Post by Travismods » 13 Mar 2022 15:22

LATrucker wrote: 13 Mar 2022 14:37 I'm not sure if it's already in the mod, but I'd like to see "abandoned" cars on the shoulder of the Interstates.
Thats a great idea, if its not just the same model over and over again. One thing with this mod is that you see the same models over and over again. I think it has to do with the SCS limitations. But if he can create dynamic events with a variety in vehicles then yes. But I believe he does not want to add any mod vehicles from jazzycat packs, so abandoned cars would be pretty much the same SCS vehicles over and over again. Might look a bit strange after a while as the same vehicle and color would pop up quite frequently.
danbywinby

#308 Post by danbywinby » 14 Mar 2022 22:02

@LATrucker
Thank you for your suggestion.

That is a great idea and is certainly something that would be very possible and very easy for me to add in.

Also thank you for that link and the video on that link as that showed a clip of a bit of a damaged tire on the road and that reminded that SCS has a damaged tire model in the game. So i've just done a small experiment with adding it into my accident events and it's gone well and given me more ideas about how i could add that and other things that are in the game into my accident events. I've even thought about how i could add things across more than just the lane that the accident is in for example i could have skid marks across the lanes or a bit of a damaged tire in another lane.

@koolizz
Unfortunately you are correct in that the issue with seeing the same models again and again is because of an SCS limitation. This is most noticeable with the crashed vehicles as there are only a few models that have crash damage. A while back i did add in two new crashed vehicles that i bought over from ETS2 to try to add more variety. However with the broken down vehicles i am using basically all of the available cars and vans and trucks in the game so their should be quite a bit of variety in them.
LATrucker

#309 Post by LATrucker » 15 Mar 2022 16:34

Nice, that sounds promising. Thanks! :)
halbtollekreatur

#310 Post by halbtollekreatur » 16 Mar 2022 17:58

There is this mod on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2456830854
Couldn't it work like this to add "parked" cars on the road?
koolizz wrote: 13 Mar 2022 15:22
LATrucker wrote: 13 Mar 2022 14:37 I'm not sure if it's already in the mod, but I'd like to see "abandoned" cars on the shoulder of the Interstates.
Thats a great idea, if its not just the same model over and over again. One thing with this mod is that you see the same models over and over again. I think it has to do with the SCS limitations. But if he can create dynamic events with a variety in vehicles then yes. But I believe he does not want to add any mod vehicles from jazzycat packs, so abandoned cars would be pretty much the same SCS vehicles over and over again. Might look a bit strange after a while as the same vehicle and color would pop up quite frequently.

Return to “Others”